Disbanding to speed up production

Juardis

Chieftain
Hi all, just got C3C last week. Been playing C3 for only a couple months and decided to get the expansion. Didn't realize how different the expansion would be so I'm definitely riding up the learning curve.

I RTFM, I tried to do a search here (I guess it's been disabled?), but I can't find an answer to my question. In C3, I could disband units in a city and the shields would go towards the current project being built. So I could easily build a temple in a corrupted city by disbanding excessive units in it. Worked with WoW as well.

In C3C, since MGL can no longer complete a WoW in one turn, I thought I'd outfox the game and build a palace to near completion, then when it is almost complete shift production to a WoW. I suppose I could complete the palace with a MGL, then immediately shift it to a WoW, but I don't have an MGL. So I want to disband units to speed up the palace. Problem is, disbanding units no longer seems to speed up production. I checked the bug list, didn't see this mentioned as a bug (or even listed as NAB).

So disbanding no longer contributes shields to the current production? Or am I missing some key step here?

TIA

Disbanding units (and chopping down forests) was fixed in vanilla Civ3. Now, when you add shields like that, you can't switch to a new wonder.

?

I'm sorry, I'm not sure what you just said. I have Civ3 patched to 1.29f. I disband units in a city, it contributes all it's shields to the current production. I am 100% positive about that. So when you say "fixed in vanilla Civ3", what do you mean?

Now I'm playing Conquests. I disband a unit in a city, NO shields go towards production. You make it sound like I do add shields, but if I do, then I cannot switch production to a wonder. /me more confused now

Disbanding units won't help towards a palace or any wonder.

It does help with city improvements and units.

thank you berry much

dang, i just tested disbanding with palaces and you're correct (not that I doubted you mind you :)). thanks for the replies.

What you can do with the Palace is "pre-build" wonders; if you know there's a wonder you want to build, but don't have the technology for it yet, set a city to build the palace, and then (so long as you haven't rushed it in any way) when you get the tech, switch to the wonder.

Top Bottom