New screens! Now with small units!!!

Does that shot most left in the middle mean that the throne room is in?

I don't see any bridges, just docks.

Anyway, is the terrain like Alpha Centauri, where terrain and water would have all different heights and depths that made the maps more different and realistic? Or like Civ 3 where it was just a tile with a set stat? I originally thought it was like Civ 3 but the last couple pics have made it look like grasslands can be of different heights, unless that's just the hills.

In different screenshots even on that page they look different sizes. The ones zoomed out show the units larger I think. In most of the screenshots the unit size looks OK. Civrules, in the screenshot you linked to the fortified units look an OK size, the ones next to the city look a little large.

i assume they are keeping a size relative to zoom. meaning as you soom in the units appear smaller compared to their surroundings. and as you zoom out they units appear larger so that you can see them.

again, just an assumption

Excellent. Smaller unit sizes - my only tiny gripe with the graphics! Totally looking forward to the game now.

Heheheh... Ok, If you insist... I'll go start a thread about how I can hardly tell what the units in the city are... Were it not for the unit banner flag thingy I might overlook them all together because they are WAY TOO SMALL!

But I'm actually not so concerned about unit size myself. I think I'd like them bigger again though....

I agree. It's damn near impossible to tell that there's a unit in that city. I prefer the larger unit size, myself. Fortunately I'm not allergic to making a quick find-and-replace unlike most of the whiners here.

kick ass.

however, I'll bet you all $20 (USD. I aint bothering with yen, euro, or anyother such thing) that you will be able to easilly re-scale units via the editor, or soem trick of the codeing (these screenshots even make me belive that unit scale is related to how much you zoom in, or is an option at start-up)

I love the color scheme (of cource it is similar to the one I used for WWT). And I like the bigger guys better. These will be too hard to tell when you are zoomed out to a playeble distance.

Top Bottom