[UI]CivWillard

I've been using DiploWillard since version 1, these are absolutely fantastic and thank you for enhancing these lacking aspects of the CiV UI. An indicator for the next minor-civ event is invaluable to anyone playing CiV, since the vanilla UI totally lacks anything like that. It should be in the base game. :hammer:

These new major-civ features are really useful too... I've been finding myself looking at the deal history screen more and more, and it's rather disorganized.

Two things I noticed on the CivWillard, when you click resources to buy or sell:

• When the diplomacy window pops up it doesn't seem to initialize an animation (frozen in default pose) for buying. The sell action works properly.
  • When offering the trade, is it feasible to offer/request only the resource the user clicks on?
  • If that's not possible, could 1-unit resources be left out by default when buying? I rarely ask leaders to trade away their last remaining resource because it's so unlikely they'll give it up. There's exceptions to this, but normally I only ask for resources of more than 1 unit remaining.
  • Conversely, when selling it'd be ideal to only offer 1-unit resources if the human player has more than 5 happiness (by default).

Is it also possible to include yourself in the list of majorview? It gives a good comparison in 1 view of your standings against the AI, like the score, gold, amount of Allied CS, # of Friends, etc. Of course, some columns like RA, OB are useless and can stay empty.

And regarding civs at war, when a enemy is ready for negotiations, you can view basically all the info (gold, resources, ...) but is is not visible in the overview. Is there a way to check to see if an civ at war is ready to negotiate peace?

Yeah, now you have separate options for each view, but I only use 1 set of options for all the views...

Ok, I will check it out. :)

1 final suggestion: with the miniskin the 4 small buttons are on the left, and when changing a view, the buttons move because of a different width. This makes toggling views very slow because of the moving buttons. Do you think it's a good idea to have it placed right above the window, in the center of the window?
That's a good idea. I'll add an option to include yourself in the list of MajorCivs.

I think there is a way to check peace negotiation availability. Maybe I'll add a new column where it displays current forced pease turns/ready to negotiate peace?

Even if the buttons were at the center they would still be on different positions according to the window size. Because they are on the left it enables you to get them all aligned on the same position. Just move the windows so that their left size is on the same position.

Asking permission to use your mods in a new CCMAT build.
Sorry, but my answer is no for including CivWillard in any Modmods. There shouldn't be any combatilibity issues that needed to be fixed. With all the time I've spent on creating and enhancing this mod, all I ask from the users is to download it for themself if they really want it.

Two things I noticed on the CivWillard, when you click resources to buy or sell:

• When the diplomacy window pops up it doesn't seem to initialize an animation (frozen in default pose) for buying. The sell action works properly.
  • When offering the trade, is it feasible to offer/request only the resource the user clicks on?
  • If that's not possible, could 1-unit resources be left out by default when buying? I rarely ask leaders to trade away their last remaining resource because it's so unlikely they'll give it up. There's exceptions to this, but normally I only ask for resources of more than 1 unit remaining.
  • Conversely, when selling it'd be ideal to only offer 1-unit resources if the human player has more than 5 happiness (by default).
Does this frozen animation prevent anything or is it just a visual bug?

I didn't include the ability to only offer the single resource that user clicks because I would have needed to do some major coding on the columns parts. So that might not happen in the near future.

It's a valid point to add only resources with more than 1 unit remaining. I'll try to add that feature on the right mouse click in the next version.

The frozen animations are only a visual bug, so I've been able to ignore it. :)

I figured context-sensitive resource clicking would be too difficult, but doesn't hurt to ask! :goodjob:

Would it be possible to store the currently selected view for each of the willards in the mod data and restore it after loading? Just a very minor gripe but it would be more comfortable if you didn't have to select your custom view every time you start a new session (or reload cheat :lol:).

Edit: Also, if you define a hotkey, it only works for one of the views. Is that intended?

I put a post in the Mod Components request thread but started playing around with this mod and noticed it will already do most of what I'm looking for with a few exceptions.

Basically I want to use the slim skin to replace my scoreboard. Would it be possible to replace the status text with picture icons such as War=crossed swords, Hostile= Happy4, Guarded=resistanceicon, afraid=Happy3, neutral=happy2, friendly=happy1, or some variation on those.

Also, would it be possible to add an option to display the player's score somewhere so that I can totally get rid of the scoreboard built in to the UI all together? Transparency adjustment would be great too if that's possible.

Have you ever considered a fourth window, 1 about units? The current Military Overview is nice, but (1) clicking a unit in that overview doesn't select the correct unit and (2) not enough info. Also, an event based overview like the other 3 windows would also add overview.

For example, you can have the following columns/info:
Basic: (ranged) strength, movement, range, HP, promotions
Upgrade: Able to upgrade? (left click to upgrade, right click to upgrade all similar units), cost of upgrade, research needed to upgrade (civilopedia: becomes obsolete with), upgrade unit

Events:
Turns left for a worker to complete an action ("3 turns for completing Plantation on Banana")
Turns left to move, when a unit is moving to a distant location.

Maybe even enemy units in sight can be listed...

That's a good idea. I'll add an option to include yourself in the list of MajorCivs.

Even if the buttons were at the center they would still be on different positions according to the window size. Because they are on the left it enables you to get them all aligned on the same position. Just move the windows so that their left size is on the same position.

When i use the miniskin, the window always gets centered at the bottom of the screen, which I like. In that case, the middle of the window is always at the center.
But I can see why it wouldn't work when you move the window.

I just loaded your mod onto my Mac, using instructions I read on this forum somewhere for installing mods and activating the screen menu. So far the City and City-State windows work great, the Major Civ one not at all. The button is there, the window opens but with no data and no response from the buttons within the window.

Any suggestions?

The two that work are awesome! I'm already delighted with them, but would be great to get the third to work as well obviously.

Really cool Mod! :thumbsup:

minor Bug noticed:
I normally use the "mini skin", with the windows placed at the bottom of the screen.
When switched back the normal Skin to show it to my girl-friend - the top left corner of the Window stayed fixed as defined for the "mini Skin", so the bottom was now OFF-Screen, and i couldnt enter the "options".
Since it was placed above the "buttons" i had to save and reload and fix it then :)

First off a really big thank you to everyone, who have put man hours into this mod and all the mods its made up off.

Removed my question in the post, because i found the solution my self. Please delete post :)

Just want to mention I love this mod. It's slick and it's a must have for me when I'm playing. Thanks for putting the work in to it! :goodjob:

Thal, are savegames working with Willard and TBC again now? I haven't been using Willard for a while because I couldn't load saves.

Agree, fantasic mod btw!

It is still a great mod, but it needs updating with the 'latest' concepts, like DoF. Best part of the mod is the event-list; maybe it is a idea to create a new mod where the mouse-over of the Advisors button gives all the upcoming events, when 'support' of this mod stops.

I actually use this mod most for its trade view with other major civs. It lets us immediately recognize which leaders we can do trades with... saves SO much time!

Great mod. I have been using it for a while. Just read through the posts and realized I wasn't using its full potential. I must have made a change somewhere.

The city original tooltip view (nothing expanded) used to give me completion times for pop increase, culture increase, production increase, etc just as the first image in your OP. Now, it just give pop increase.

I need help. I want to restore it so it looks like what you have in the OP. How do I do that? (or undo whatever I might have done.

(Sorry, I posted the above originally in the closed CityWillard thread.)

Following the troubleshooting tips does not correct the problem for my current game. I will check what happens when I start a new game.

Thanks

Also, when I get a city tooltip from the big city window, the main window covers part of the tooltip so it is not visible. Unchecking the keep on top button does not let the tooltip be the top window.

I found the answer for the problem I was having with the city original tooltip. Unchecking the sort by type allowed me to see the events happening by turn.

Is this mod still working with the latest patch? I do hope so because unfortunately I missed it but the MOD looks great so I would like to use it in future!

EDIT:

OK, i just startet a new game, and the mod is not working. A frame appeard (minor civs) with some options etc. But I could not select anything and I even could not close it. So it seems to be broken. I tried to use it with the CCTP mod.

Top Bottom