Bug reports and technical issues

Kind of a stupid question, but are the Mughals supposed to be unplayable? I've heard people say that but I have played at least 3 games as them and it works fine :confused:.
I'm playing version 1.8 btw.

Kind of a stupid question, but are the Mughals supposed to be unplayable? I've heard people say that but I have played at least 3 games as them and it works fine :confused:.

Just like Persia respawn in 1500AD in DoC 1.73, I think

I think this is present in the main game too, but check who I am at war with. I took the city from Iran, gave it to the Mughals, who gave it back to Iran.

I've managed to fix the numbers with GameFontEditor by exporting them from default files. No crash.
Okay, I have to edit the GameFonts anyway because I have to add a new icon, so I'll fix that in parallel.

They are supposed to be unplayable, but I forgot to disable the ability to flip to them. I have to fix their autoplay and add some goals and a UP, then I'll make them a fully playable civ in the process of 1.9.

I think this is present in the main game too, but check who I am at war with. I took the city from Iran, gave it to the Mughals, who gave it back to Iran.
I'll take a look at the involved code, if it's not too complicated I'll try to do something about it.

hey i have a problem when i try and start the game. It keeps saying ....

mods/RFC Dawn of civilization/ is an invalid mod directory. ignoring

can someone help me i really want to play this thanks

what version is your DoC?

Leo, the Viking still start without a single Society Civics in 600AD.
And the Silk Road pass through a peak.. (dunno if this was intended)
Also the Korean sucks.. it needs 406 turns to get Mathematics, in 670AD..

hey i have a problem when i try and start the game. It keeps saying ....

mods/RFC Dawn of civilization/ is an invalid mod directory. ignoring

can someone help me i really want to play this thanks
If that's exactly what your folder is called, it's the lower case "civilization". The folder needs to be called "RFC Dawn of Civilization" and that check is case sensitive.

I have the latest version. and sorry Civilization is capitalized. I try and upload it through public maps but and the message...

mods/RFC Dawn of Civilization/ is an invalid mod directory. ignoring

Then it will load to the bts game but not the mod then it pops up with these 4 pop ups....

Can't find type enum for type tag CIVILIZATION _INDONESIA
Can't find type enum for type tag LEADER _TAIZONG
Can't find type enum for type tag CIVILIZATION _BABYLONIA
Can't find type enum for type tage LEADER_HAYAM_WURUK

thats bout all i now

Looks like there's something missing in your folder. Try to delete and reinstall it.

Leoreth, I think there is something wrong with Civil War in the current SVN version. The Ottomans and the Byzantine 'collapsed' but just continued existing.
EDIT: Or is this just some kind of mechanic which prevents civilizations from collapsing short after spawn?

I've got one quick question. I've been toying with the XML files lately, and decided to had civ-specific Great Spy names. It works fine, but I noticed that in the civ's description "Great Spy" is listed as one of the UUs, which doesn't happen with civ-specific Artists, Scientists, etc. How do I hide it?

By the way, if Great Spy names is something Leoreth or someone would like to have in DoC, I can upload the files, just ask.

So im not sure what happened here... i spawned as France sad to see that 2 cities were ruins. however, upon opening the WB to examine the world (as i like to do) i saw that these ruins were cities! functional cities! in fact, Paris has the church of the nativity! but something's clearly wrong here. i also havent had any workers spawn after 2 turns, so maybe its something with the rise and fall coding... not sure. I've played MANY MANY games of DoC, but never had this issue before.

Attachments

• ruins.jpg
    ruins.jpg
    229.2 KB · Views: 78
Just some minor bug report: i tried first game as Germany; when the Ottomans arrived i noticed there is missing some key from XML (ottom civ desc and name or something like that - do you need exact name or are you aware of this?)

Leoreth, I think there is something wrong with Civil War in the current SVN version. The Ottomans and the Byzantine 'collapsed' but just continued existing.
EDIT: Or is this just some kind of mechanic which prevents civilizations from collapsing short after spawn?
Not that I know of, a save from shortly before this happened would be good.

I've got one quick question. I've been toying with the XML files lately, and decided to had civ-specific Great Spy names. It works fine, but I noticed that in the civ's description "Great Spy" is listed as one of the UUs, which doesn't happen with civ-specific Artists, Scientists, etc. How do I hide it?

By the way, if Great Spy names is something Leoreth or someone would like to have in DoC, I can upload the files, just ask.
Oh, yes, definitely! Spies aren't included because that feature was based on a Warlords mod which therefore didn't have Spy names. If you cold send me a list (or better, your modified XML file), I would greatly appreciate it.

To hide these units from the interface, there's an additional bGraphicalOnly tag that you have to set to 1 to hide the unit (take a look at the other unique GPs in the XML). It's optional so it doesn't show up for most units.

So im not sure what happened here... i spawned as France sad to see that 2 cities were ruins. however, upon opening the WB to examine the world (as i like to do) i saw that these ruins were cities! functional cities! in fact, Paris has the church of the nativity! but something's clearly wrong here. i also havent had any workers spawn after 2 turns, so maybe its something with the rise and fall coding... not sure. I've played MANY MANY games of DoC, but never had this issue before.
That's a rare bug that happens whenever you flip cities before your units have spawned. It usually goes away after saving and reloading the game.

Just some minor bug report: i tried first game as Germany; when the Ottomans arrived i noticed there is missing some key from XML (ottom civ desc and name or something like that - do you need exact name or are you aware of this?)
Can you give me the exact name? The part after OTTOMANS is the important one. I thought I had fixed this already but apparently not.

Leoreth: will do; it's weird though - when they start it's TXT_KEY*_DESC something but later the text is there... i'll let you know exact name later.

Another little weird think is - i do something "possitive" for the AI like selling them maps, but sometime they are angry for some reason (e.g. the relationship between us is getting worst, for example from cautious to annoyed)... Is it bug or feature?

Noticed that, too, and I guess it's a feature: you've made the AI agree to a disadvantageous trade and so they're getting angry at you.

Noticed that, too, and I guess it's a feature: you've made the AI agree to a disadvantageous trade and so they're getting angry at you.
I've often noticed this when Opening Borders with the AI.

On the other hand, asking for help (demanding techs/money from Pleased/Friendly AIs) has never triggered such changes in my experience.

Is it possible to collapse in official non-SVN release, or is there a bug that prevents it from happening? In my just finished game, I spent a fair amount of turns collapsing and gallivating between collapsing and unstable, but didn't actually collapse. Epic speed. Cities and nations declaring independence works as normal.

EDIT: Never mind, a collapse is possible, after all. I collapsed when deliberately engulfing my nation into a 8-turn anarchy.

Another little weird think is - i do something "possitive" for the AI like selling them maps, but sometime they are angry for some reason (e.g. the relationship between us is getting worst, for example from cautious to annoyed)... Is it bug or feature?

Don't think it will apply to maps trading, but let's say that you do a tech trade with an AI resulting in a shift of score (you go from over to below them), then this may result in an AI relationship change.

My understanding of this is that these kind of conversations are usually started by the AI making a demand like Declare war on X or something similar. However, if/when you have declined the initial demand the effect doesn't kick in instantly, but only after the trade table is cleared during other negotiations. The 'bug' seems to be similar to the one that occurs when AI wants to re-negotiate supply trades and you can't clear all the goods that you are/were offering, but simply clicking them doesn't work. Once again you need to clear the table. Basically it seems that the trade screen just gets jammed at times.

Top Bottom