HOF III January Update

Tone

Deity
Hall of Fame Staff
The Civilization III Hall of Fame has been updated. 12 games were accepted since the previous update.

Congratulations to del62 for the highest Firaxis score of the update with a Large Monarch Conquest game for 8534 points.

del62 was also the most active player during this update, submitting 8 games.

Congratulations also go to ignas for winning the November Gauntlet. Details of the latest Gauntlet can be found here.

One player was brave enough to take on Sid this update. Spoonwood submitted a 1620 AD Standard Sid Cultural 20k game for 7561 points.

A number of players gained number one positions:
Spoonwood with a 1620 AD Standard Sid Cultural 20k game for 7561 points.

ignas with a 1285 AD Tiny Emperor Cultural 20k game for 7292 points.

del62 with a 410 BC Standard Regent Domination game for 7931 points.

Lord Emsworth with a 150 AD Tiny Chieftain Diplomatic game for 2211 points.

Lord Emsworth's game deserves a special mention as it creates a new record for the fastest Diplomatic win in the civ III HOF. :goodjob:

Congratulations to Nikodemus for rising from 8th to 7th, to Lord Emsworth for rising from 9th to 8th and to Denniz for rising from 23rd to 22nd in the Quartermasters competition.
Commiserations to nerovats for falling from 7th to 9th and to archphoenix for falling from 22nd to 23rd in the Quartermasters competition.

A number of players are working towards the Quartermaster, gaining awards as follows:
Machiavelli : AutomatedTeller rose from 10th to 9th, del62 rose from 12th to 10th, archphoenix rose from 16th to 15th, Karl_t_great rose from 21st to 20th, a space oddity rose from 38th to 37th and The Professor rose from 39th to 38th.
Pentathlon : Quintillus became a full Pentathlete. Lord Emsworth rose from 7th to 6th, Kuningas rose from 9th to 8th, Moonsinger rose from 19th to 18th, SpiffyKeen7744 rose from 20th to 19th, Svar rose from 21st to 20th, killercane rose from 22nd to 21st, keldr rose from 23rd to 22nd, CKS rose from 38th to 37th, adrianj rose from 43rd to 41st and krakedhalo rose from 44th to 42nd.
Octathlon : Nikodemus rose from 12th to 11th, boogaboo rose from 13th to 12th, Marsden rose from 14th to 13th and ignas rose from 39th to 25th.

Congrats to ALL the players for submitting games. :goodjob:

It's so good to see new #1's (Spoonwood, ignas, del62, Lord Emsworth), the fastest-ever Diplomatic win (Lord Emsworth) and a large number of games submitted (del62). :goodjob::goodjob:

And, as always, thanks to Tone et al for performing the monthly update and keeping the Civ3 HOF alive and well. :goodjob:

:)

Congratulations to del62 for the highest Firaxis score of the update with a Large Monarch Conquest game for 8534 points.

I can submit a 56K win one month and not be the highest score and then a measly 8534 points gives me the highest score the next month.

a large number of games submitted (del62).

5 of the 8 games submitted where in the same category, I like to focus on a particular victory condition and I kept on improving my dates.

...5 of the 8 games submitted where in the same category, I like to focus on a particular victory condition and I kept on improving my dates.
Sounds like a good approach to me........I did the same thing when going for the Fastest-ever Finishes. (Viz. 3800BC.)

Keep 'em coming. :goodjob:

Top Bottom