Scenarios won't load.

I have only problems with wages of sin: Sometimes it actually loads, but then crashes during the first 10-20 rounds and does the same again and again (each time at the same round), even if I reload my saves.

Edit: Oh, yeah, I forgot. FfH2 41 patch j.

It still occurs during "waiting for civilizations" in round two to three. Savegame is attached. I hope, someone can help me. :)

Attachments

• Day 3 ctd.CivBeyondSwordSave
    116.7 KB · Views: 264
Was this issue ever resolved?

I can load some of the scenarios, but I get a crash when I try to load Wages of Sin. Running 0.41, patch m, using the scenarios menu from the main menu. I tried reinstalling the patch a few times, but to no avail.

It's possible it's a memory problem - I'm using a somewhat geriatric pc. Any way I can tell if it's a memory or a software problem?

I can load some of the scenarios, but I get a crash when I try to load Wages of Sin. Running 0.41, patch m, using the scenarios menu from the main menu. I tried reinstalling the patch a few times, but to no avail.

It's possible it's a memory problem - I'm using a somewhat geriatric pc. Any way I can tell if it's a memory or a software problem?

Same here. A few scenario's just won't load for me.

Same here also. Black Tower wont load at all, pretty sure thats not a memory problem, maybe its due to me having the steam version though.
In general, ofc its a great work that youve done there with FfH but those scenarios do not appear to have been tested thoroughly. I played FfH1 a few years years ago and thought it was pretty good, i played age of ice at beyond the sword a few months ago and thought it was superb thats how i got into ffh2 but these scenarios really need more work. On the first (grand menagerie) i had to look here and find out youre supposed to look for an elephant and a griffon (it never appeared so i used the wb) on the radiant guard i had to look here after it took me a lot of effort to destroy the last infernal city only to find out here that i was not supposed to kill hyborem before the 100th kill, on the barbarian assault there was never any info that i only needed to conquer one barbarian civ and so forth. only bcos its a fantasy setting shouldnt imply that you need to be a clairvoyant to complete the scenarios....

I often get a CTD loading Wages of Sin, but only on the first try. On the second try, it loads fine. I am using the m patch.

This is still a problem with the new patch.
I can't load the Splintered court or the 2nd scenario for the wolf guys.

If I try loading it from a standard game I get the message that I need to load the special scenario thing. And when I load it and click on the icon I get a neat CTD.

Any help?

Hello all. This is my first post on the forum, and unfortunately I have a very specific reason for signing up and posting.

I've played FfH 2 for months with no issues. Suddenly this morning however, after completing the third Lanun scenario, the game crashes every time I try and load a scenario.

Now, normal games load fine and play well enough. No real issues. This is ONLY with the scenarios, and only since this morning.

I have not touched any system files or made any changes to the game settings today or any time recently. I am utterly at a loss as to what is causing this. I tried reinstalling the game and the patch, and it did not fix the issue.

Hello all. This is my first post on the forum, and unfortunately I have a very specific reason for signing up and posting.

I've played FfH 2 for months with no issues. Suddenly this morning however, after completing the third Lanun scenario, the game crashes every time I try and load a scenario.

Now, normal games load fine and play well enough. No real issues. This is ONLY with the scenarios, and only since this morning.

I have not touched any system files or made any changes to the game settings today or any time recently. I am utterly at a loss as to what is causing this. I tried reinstalling the game and the patch, and it did not fix the issue.

It's been a while since I played the scenarios. Can you remind me which scenario it is?

Thanks,

Breunor

I completed the Radiant Guard Scenario, and now no other scenario will load. I reach the scenario selection screen, but as soon as I click the button to begin one the game just crashes.

I completed the Radiant Guard Scenario, and now no other scenario will load. I reach the scenario selection screen, but as soon as I click the button to begin one the game just crashes.

Is this EVERY scenario - you have tried to load all of the eligible ones? Sorry to be a pain, but can you be specific which ones? It would help.

Thanks,

Breunor

I have played through the first three Lanun scenarios (Grand Managerie, The Momus, Radiant Guard), two of Decius' scenarios (Fall of Cuantine, Into the Desert), and one additional scenario (Barbarian Assault). The Radiant Guard scenario was the last completed, and upon completion, NO OTHER scenario will load at all. I click on the icon to load it and the screen goes black and the game crashes. This is for EVERY OTHER scenario, including ones I have already played and beaten.

Normal single player games still work properly.

I have a similar problem Broktor. In my case I finished the first two scenarios, but the third one is still locked. Now, no matter what scenarios I try to pick, the Momus starting map comes up.

I didn't try loading it through the World Builder as described by some, as I'm not sure how that works.

So... any ideas yet?

Sigh. Sorry, it impossible for me to make any headway since I can't recreate it. Of course I can't recreate it since I finished the scenarios a long time ago.

The only idea I have is that the bug appears when a certain set of scenarios are played in some sort of order. So you can try deleting FfH, and reload it. The, try the scenarios in a different order. In particular, play more of the scenarios you can play at any time (at the bottom of the list) and some of the Mulcarn Scenarios before trying Radiant Guard.

I hesitate to recommend this, because it is a lot of work and there is a good chance it won't work - but it is the best I can do now.

Best wishes,

Breunor

The CTD problem happens to me on a fresh install (FfH 2.041n, plus patch o) and is reproducible with the Black Tower scenario. Other scenarios just crash on load most of the time, but not always.

I have attached my Trophy.cfg (renamed to .txt to attach it, rename it back to Trophy.cfg before using). This is at the point when I first tried to open Black Tower after completion of the Radiant Guard and ran into the problem.
I tried deleting and re-installing FfH and, using this Trophy.cfg file, the bug is still reproducible by attempting to load Black Tower.
If needed I can give more detailed instructions to reproduce this bug starting from a clean BtS installation, hopefully we will see the same behavior on other computers as well and can find the cause.

I realize this discussion is more than a year old, but since apparently no fix except the 'load through WB' workaround has been found, I thought maybe the file could help reproducing the bug and fixing it.

Is it possible to turn on some kind of debug output or run FfH in a debugger of some kind to find the cause of this crash? If anyone can tell me how to do that I can try it on my computer as well and see if we can find more information.

Attachments

• Trophy.txt
    559 bytes · Views: 170
I doubt the crash is in any way related to the trophy file. More likely whatever DLL code that Kael used. It used to be possible to work around it by changing how you loaded the scenario (in an existing game or with the scenario loader from the main menu), but Kael took the former method away using the old method of "hide the bug when you don't know how to fix it".

The CTD problem happens to me on a fresh install (FfH 2.041n, plus patch o) and is reproducible with the Black Tower scenario. Other scenarios just crash on load most of the time, but not always.

I have attached my Trophy.cfg (renamed to .txt to attach it, rename it back to Trophy.cfg before using). This is at the point when I first tried to open Black Tower after completion of the Radiant Guard and ran into the problem.
I tried deleting and re-installing FfH and, using this Trophy.cfg file, the bug is still reproducible by attempting to load Black Tower.
If needed I can give more detailed instructions to reproduce this bug starting from a clean BtS installation, hopefully we will see the same behavior on other computers as well and can find the cause.

I realize this discussion is more than a year old, but since apparently no fix except the 'load through WB' workaround has been found, I thought maybe the file could help reproducing the bug and fixing it.

Is it possible to turn on some kind of debug output or run FfH in a debugger of some kind to find the cause of this crash? If anyone can tell me how to do that I can try it on my computer as well and see if we can find more information.

I'm pretty sure that the Black Tower always crashes and there is nothing you can do about it.

For other scenarios, try the trick of playing the regular game, and then going into the scenarios. They seem to crash a lot more when you try loading a scenario when you first go on.

Other than that, try loading the worldbuilder save. I can pretty much get them all to run besides the Black Tower.

Best wishes,

Breunor

I know about the workarounds, I was hoping by being able to reproduce this bug someone might be able to finally fix it. In your last post (#56, from 2010) it sounds like you had difficulties reproducing it.
It's not critical since the workaround through WB is reliable, but still somewhat annoying. If anyone still wants to invest their time into fixing this, I'd be happy to help out as much as I can.

Top Bottom