God & Kings Screenshot Analysis

Calling all the troops!

We've got new analysis material.
7 new screenshots, here: http://ow.joystiq.com/screenshots/civilization-5-gods-and-kings-gdc-2012#/0

1st screen:
The land ship and a biplane, very unimaginitively called 'World War 1 Bomber' (I do hope they change that name!).
The City Attilla's Court has some sort of pyramid build?

2nd screen:
We see that the penicillin tech gives us a unit (can't see what, looks like a soldier). And we see a great admiral is the selected unit, apart from golden age can't see a special action.
And we can see the colourful Dutch tile improvement! (middle top, below the land ship). Well, I think that that is what it is, looks like tulip fields.
What is Amsterdam building, it looks like a bus? Maybe mass transit?

3rd screen:
A Great Prophet is born.
What's the unit in Edinborough, some sort of archer? And what are the two (wounded) units above the pop-up?

4th screen:
Boudicca

5th screen:
Dido

6th screen:
The tower of Pisa.

7th screen:
Neuschwanstein

It looks as there isn't an renaissance/industrial age strategic resource, by the looks of the resource icons in screen 1 and 2.
That somewhat disappoints me, I was hoping for saltpeter or something like that.

Edit:
Also note, assuming screen 1 and 2 are the same game, that the Dutch tile improvement is gone in the second screen and that there's plains instead.
But looks like it's the same turn?

Copy

Also, what appears to be a Gatling Gun is situated left of Utrech
Dutch UI is visable in the Dutch screenshot, multicoloured farms NW of Rotterdam
New Infantry units visable in the WW1 Bomber shot, take note of new icons
Huns appear to be a new civ, City "Attila's Court"

WW1 Bomber New Unit

Also notice pyramid structure in Attila's Court, looks like Teotihuacan or Ziggurat of Ur

Great Admiral ingame

Prague, new Cultural city state

Great Prophet

Dutch colours

Leaning Tower

Neuschwanstein

EDIT: New unit under 'Penicilin'

In Great Prophet screenshot, new unit icon (And colours) directly above 'Great Prophet' window

EDIT2: Edinburgh is Celtic capital

EDIT3: In Dutch Great Admiral screenshot, lower left of minimap has new civilization colour

Copies from earlier posts, more relevent here

The city "Attila's Court" belongs to the Carthangian player (gray and dark purple, elephant icon). the city is puppeted, so they probably took it from someone else.

The new archer unit seen in the Great Prophet screen is probably the Composite Bowman mentioned in the DesktopReview preview.

Calling all the troops!

We've got new analysis material.
7 new screenshots, here: http://ow.joystiq.com/screenshots/civilization-5-gods-and-kings-gdc-2012#/0

1st screen:
The land ship and a biplane, very unimaginitively called 'World War 1 Bomber' (I do hope they change that name!).
The City Attilla's Court has some sort of pyramid build?

2nd screen:
We see that the penicillin tech gives us a unit (can't see what, looks like a soldier). And we see a great admiral is the selected unit, apart from golden age can't see a special action.
And we can see the colourful Dutch tile improvement! (middle top, below the land ship). Well, I think that that is what it is, looks like tulip fields.
What is Amsterdam building, it looks like a bus? Maybe mass transit?

3rd screen:
A Great Prophet is born.
What's the unit in Edinborough, some sort of archer? And what are the two (wounded) units above the pop-up?

4th screen:
Boudecia?

5th screen:
Dido?

6th screen:
The tower of Pisa.

7th screen:
Neuschwanstein

Looks interesting baudacia looks verry nice and good background I wonder how she acts

what is the 5th screen she looks israelic never mind big fail of me its :

the queen of carthage!!!!!

Okay, the first screen shot with the pyramid structure is almost certainly not a Ziggurat. I have compared photos an dreconstructive pictures of real ones to this and it doesn't fit well. Mayan pyramids, however, do fit, especially the central staircases up the faces of the pyramids.

Also, Attila's Court seems to be the same city as Amsterdam. Carthage has simply conquered Netherlands in a few turns!

Also, Attila's Court seems to be the same city as Amsterdam. Carthage has simply conquered Netherlands in a few turns!
In the second screen you can see both cities (well you can't see the name of Attilla's Court, but you can even see the mystery pyramid).
Also Amsterdam is a coastal city.
Or were you joking? :)

By the way, isn't the 'pyramid' the terracotta army? The pyramid itself being the mausoleum and the two 'squares' in front being the terracotta army?
Edit:
I think I'm right :)

Yeah, the terracotta army makes sense with the statues in front!

I have lightened up the Prophet screenie and taken a closer look. The orange units does in fact look a lot like images on the internet of Impi of the Zulus! They have elongated shields, the head decoration and everything. Even the colour of the civ makes sense, I think we may proclaim a new civ: Zulu and thus Shaka! :)

The time period 1090 BC certainly supports that. They meet a warrior.
Also, in my lightened picture I can confirm that the intricate Celtish circle is the symbol of a Pictish warrior, coz there is one on the upper right corner of the Great Prophet popup sign mid-screen!

Cross post from 2K Forums:

- "World War I Bomber" unit.
- New unit from Penicillin.
- Edinburgh is Celtic capital.
- Is the Great Admiral boarded onto that ship or is the Great Admiral actual a naval unit itself?

New article: http://www.desktopreview.com/defaul...+v+5+gods+and+kings+expansion+pack+2k+gdc&p=1

• allying with Religious CSs gives faith (kind of obvious!)
  • Ancestor Worship pantheon grants +1 culture for every shrine in your civilization
  • 'religion is taken one step further around the 50th turn, when a "great prophet" is born'
  • 'religion will spread on its own to adjacent cities that are within 10 blocks [hexes] of each other'
  • 'one mercantile city state could create jewelry, which could be sold for resources. Jewelry literally cannot be found anywhere else in the game, so if players want to get their hands on it, they have to ally with this particular city-state, Tyre'
  • 'City-states can now give you up to three quests at a time, and there are new types like individual quests that are aimed at specific civilizations (or religions!) and global quests, which can be completed by anybody'
  • 'an entirely new era and tech tree from the Great War (WWI) Era. Units from this new era include tri-planes, WWI-era bombers (which allow players to enjoy air units prior to WWII, which was not possible previously), the machine gunner, and the WWI British tank'
  • 'rigging elections takes time; the spies you send to city-states have to remain there for a number of turns in order to actually make an impact on the elections. So if you would rather, you can just do the blunt force method and stage a coup. Of course, success is not guaranteed; the skill level of your spy and the amount of time he has spent in the city-state has a bearing on your percentage of success. Luckily, when we played through the demo, our 60% chance of success brought us to a successful coup. Had we not been so lucky, our spy would have had his head lopped off immediately'
  • 'While we were playing, we saw that Queen Theodora was secretly plotting against Dido, the queen of Carthage. Now, we could have given Dido the heads-up'

I have lightened up the Prophet screenie and taken a closer look. The orange units does in fact look a lot like images on the internet of Impi of the Zulus! They have elongated shields, the head decoration and everything. Even the colour of the civ makes sense, I think we may proclaim a new civ: Zulu and thus Shaka! :)
I think you're right. They do look like impi's.

So, Tyre, Prague and Zanzibar are also city-states
That means no Phoenicia or Bohemia civ - at least for now

In the third screenshot with the great prophet, there's a civilian unit banner showing a white dove above Edinburgh. Might get diplomats as a new great person, which would be used to establish the embassies?

In the third screenshot with the great prophet, there's a civilian unit banner showing a white dove above Edinburgh. Might get diplomats as a new great person, which would be used to establish the embassies?
Well spotted, but isn't it the Great Prophet? The dove is the icon used for faith, afaik.

Another thing, in the Great Prophet screenshot, the advisor also explicitly states that the number of religions in a game is limited.

There are a limited amount of religions allowed in each game, so claim yours as quickly as you can.

Another thing, in the Great Prophet screenshot, the advisor also explicitly states that the number of religions in a game is limited.

See here. "Religion has been designed so that not every civilisation in the game will be able to access it. In a 10 civilisation game, only about 5 will be able to start a religion."

Yeah, but the writer of that article wasn't certain exactly how this is implemented, thus "Religion has been designed so..." while the advisor text seems to say it is simply a hard cap.

EDIT:
Thinking about it, I suppose using a hard cap is the only way to limit the amount of religions. Since the cost of founding a religion is a Great Prophets, and nothing else, so without a hard cap, nothing stops each civ from founding its own religion.

Top Bottom