"Stardock Hires Fall From Heaven Creator After 'Challenging' Elemental Launch"

The_J

Say No 2 Net Validations
Administrator
Supporter

Like noted by our forum member ShaqFu, there is an article at Gamasutra: "Stardock Hires Fall From Heaven Creator After 'Challenging' Elemental Launch":

But the new producer, Derek "Kael" Paxton, is not entirely new to video game development. He's the creator of the massive fantasy-themed Civilization IV mod series Fall from Heaven. He's also credited for his work on Civilization IV: Beyond the Sword and was a contributor on Civilization V.

"This is the opportunity to marry my professional project manager career with my passion for game design," Paxton said in a statement. He will officially join the Elemental: War of Magic and Galactic Civilizations developer in November.

Read the full article here and talk with the other civfanatics in this thread.

Let's say "Congratulations, Kael" :goodjob:, the CivFanatics are happy for and proud of you.

Attachments

• ffhtitlefire-mod.jpg
    ffhtitlefire-mod.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 424,048
Way to go Kael!

I might have to use my refund store credit to re-purchase Elemental now that they have you on the team. :D

i saw Wardell talking about a new producer and i wondered if it might be something like this... grats Kael, Elemental has a lot of potential!

Elemental is actually a pretty decent game now that they have patched up the majority of the bugs, really looking forward to the 1.1 patch to update some of the mechanics and gameplay stuff.

The biggest problem with Elemental? Didn't listen to the negative feedback, too many "yes men" in the company and the forums.

The biggest problem with Elemental? Didn't listen to the negative feedback, too many "yes men" in the company and the forums.

yeah, got to close to their project and no one bothered to step back and say "wow, what a pile of crap. we should fix this."

I'm just happy they have been working so hard to fix it since release, doing a lot of good work on it.

Wow. Congratz, Kael.

Wonder what this means for the next iteration of Fall From Heaven being worked on under 2K games.

What I like is the mention of GalCiv... My drool factor just pegged a 10.

Awesome, grats Kael!

Still haven't bought Elemental and probably won't till closer to December, but I'll have it eventually.

Congrats, Kael.

If you'll do for Elemental anything like you did for Civ4, it might still turn out as promised. :cooool:

Much Deserved!

i saw Wardell talking about a new producer and i wondered if it might be something like this... grats Kael, Elemental has a lot of potential!

Elemental is actually a pretty decent game now that they have patched up the majority of the bugs, really looking forward to the 1.1 patch to update some of the mechanics and gameplay stuff.

Yeah, it looks very promising. The game actually is kind of fun and its only going to get better.

Perfect situation for Kael because Brad wants to step back from game design and focus more on other things. Bodes very well for the future of Elemental.

We could finally have a true successor to Master of Magic. :D

Sounds familiar to another recently released game sadly. :(

Top Bottom