Active City Defense

Before installing, I am wondering if there is any changes to the AI so they are aware of these concepts.

Keeping units nearby cities with military bases, for example.

Just wouldn't want to add an extra burden to the AI I can use against it, but it is still too stupid to use back.

Before installing, I am wondering if there is any changes to the AI so they are aware of these concepts.

Keeping units nearby cities with military bases, for example.

Just wouldn't want to add an extra burden to the AI I can use against it, but it is still too stupid to use back.

Read the thread, I've addressed this question several times already. ;)

Read the thread, I've addressed this question several times already. ;)

I know, I didn't get to the end and posted :p

Sorry for the wasting of your time :{

On a side note, I just realized you created ROM!

Which is like my favorite Civ4 mod. It made my life grand.

I hope you get around to doing something similar for Civ5. You made Civ4 amazing :]

Played some games now with this mod (together with several of Thalassicus' balance mods) and I can confirm the AI does build walls, castles etc. It seems, however, it tends to build 'em mostly when under threat, which, given the long build times everything has, is often too late to even notice.
In my last game I had India on the other continent growing too much: it declared war on a rather small - and behind - America, and - since I had lots of spare gold at hand - I gave several thousands coins to Washington as I didn't want to get directly involved. Result: he immediatly bought defenses for his cities with that cash. It wasn't enough to stop the warmongering Gandhi :)lol:) but at least he tried.

As such, this mod could work well together with the Battle AI one (will be my next experiment), as that one rebalances AI priorities, making the AI more prone to build and train "defensively" not only when IN war, but when PREPARING FOR war. Worth a shot, I guess.

still no attached file in the OP! Please!
Mod browser is not working, after some few seconds it goes all blank...

still no attached file in the OP! Please!
Mod browser is not working, after some few seconds it goes all blank...

MOD BROWSER GOES BLANK PROBLEM

:) THE SOLUTION I found on the 2K Forum:

if you are using a router, and the router has its own firewall on, it causes problems.
At your own risk of course :badcomp: turn off your router's firewall, BUT not the windows one!

Well, I hope it helps some of you,
Greetings
Viator

Hello, get this error in the database.log :-

[6232.271] Database::XMLSerializer (Features/ACD/Lua/InGame.xml): 'Row' or 'Delete' expected, got 'LuaContext'.

I don't believe it's possible to increase either hp or heal rate (to cities) via buildings. You could give castles +4% or +5% increase to trade route yeilds (extra tarrifs). And military bases could provide +15xp (including air and sea domains) or a +25% military production bonus.

re evalis

city healing rate is accessable...the question is whether it is possible to trigger a change by constructing a building. If it is, then I think it might be possible for you to do the following as well :

maybe add a building called archer's tower or alike, which boosts the city's ranged attack range; this way, when mostly-dead enemy try to run away and let healthier ones continue the siege, it is possible for the city to snipe them dead. BTW, city attack range is defined in GlobalDefines.xml.

also, after some play test, it seems boosting the base city strength and per capital strength a bit would be very nice insofar realistic city siege goes. I tried to boost the HP of cities higher (to 35 in my game) and it worked wonder...since there would be some sort of multiplier effect with the higher strength from walls.

I don't believe it's possible to increase either hp or heal rate (to cities) via buildings.

re evalis

city healing rate is accessable...the question is whether it is possible to trigger a change by constructing a building.

... I just answered this.. it's not. City heal rate buildings increase the healing rate of units stationed in the city, not the city itself. I'm fairly certain you also cannot edit range via a building. These things are handled in the globaldefines.xml, so you can change it from the start of the game only.

... I just answered this.. it's not. City heal rate buildings increase the healing rate of units stationed in the city, not the city itself. I'm fairly certain you also cannot edit range via a building. These things are handled in the globaldefines.xml, so you can change it from the start of the game only.

....Except it is, at least via the same method used already by this mod to damage enemy units automatically near cities or heal friendly units.

Namely, Lua. ;)

I'm fairly sure that's what he meant by "accessible".

Backing up Valk and others up here, look at the description of this mod. I clearly allow units to be healed that are ADJACENT to the city. ;)

I could heal units from 5 tiles around the city, or any number. I could heal all the units in your empire, or injure them, or whatever I feel like. :p

Backing up Valk and others up here, look at the description of this mod. I clearly allow units to be healed that are ADJACENT to the city. ;)

I could heal units from 5 tiles around the city, or any number. I could heal all the units in your empire, or injure them, or whatever I feel like. :p

That could be a very evil thing to do, although I do like the idea of the serfs attacking invading forces for ya :lol:

Oh, there was one thing I was curious about, is there anyway to "repack" the great generals fort?

I.e. if you place the fort to defend your original borders - the corner of africa for example, but then expand, can you find a way of moving the fort to your new border edge?

LOL, you ARE god.

Speak of god, some kinda of cure-all building might be nice...something you can build over and over again, each time w/a higher cost, and upon completion you get a one time cure-all bonus? Or maybe let a WW have the ability to raise the HITPOINT of all units by 1? It seems that since Civ 5 uses hit points not just a percentage, it is possible to play around with that aspect of the game a lot. It does make sense for things like walls to increase the max hit points, rather than strength...or maybe you can build an improvement (named wall?) that creates a defense-only, high-hit points structure that is designed to block enemy progress for a time being?

That's a little un-White Wizard-like, isn't it? ;)

LOL, you ARE god.

That could be a very evil thing to do

I said I could do it, not that I would. I don't think such a mod would be fun. ;)

Speak of god, some kinda of cure-all building might be nice...something you can build over and over again, each time w/a higher cost, and upon completion you get a one time cure-all bonus? Or maybe let a WW have the ability to raise the HITPOINT of all units by 1? It seems that since Civ 5 uses hit points not just a percentage, it is possible to play around with that aspect of the game a lot. It does make sense for things like walls to increase the max hit points, rather than strength...or maybe you can build an improvement (named wall?) that creates a defense-only, high-hit points structure that is designed to block enemy progress for a time being?

I can't increase the HP of units from the max they have. Nor can I raise the HP of cities directly. A building that increases a cities defenses would increase it's HP. But I can't make a building be rebuilt. At least not without the Source Code.

Oh, there was one thing I was curious about, is there anyway to "repack" the great generals fort?

I.e. if you place the fort to defend your original borders - the corner of africa for example, but then expand, can you find a way of moving the fort to your new border edge?

IDK. First off, you need some kind of interface method to repack them, and none exists. I guess it would be possible, but not easy.

I'd love to download this mod, it sounds great, however I can't seem to find a link to download it anywhere on the site...

I'd love to download this mod, it sounds great, however I can't seem to find a link to download it anywhere on the site...

Use your Mod Browser in-game :).

Top Bottom