Hitler, Fuhrer of the Third Reich

Always entertaining to see Germany ban a shooter video game where you kill a few people.

In Civilization you can kill billions in the blink of an eye.

But anyway; I've uploaded the mods (Base mod, Nazi Icon, King Tiger) to the CivFanatics Download section, and it should be showing in a few days.

Where should it be showing up? Can't see anything in New civs section under civ5, or is it somewhere else?

It's a part of the history, and a major part, so imo it should be included. Also there should be an Stalin mod made as well, and compared to Stalin, Hitler was pretty much a "nice guy". --EDIT: Just saw that there already where an Stalin civ avaible :)

In Europe and mainly in Germany this still a huge issue.
Maybe is some parts of Europe, here in Sweden we make cruel jokes about it all the time.

This is a good idea, I want to see like that in the next expansion pack, if there will be second leaders. Why not second leaders?

my suggestion for Adolf Hitler,

1. UU: Fallschirmjäger (Paratrooper)
2. UU: U-boat (submarine)

HorribleHarald why not a UB too...

UB: Concentration Camp

Sorry couldn't resist the temptation to add that idea

Personally won't play with the mod as ATM all civs are currently mini Stalin's/Hitler's/Montie's and all I need do is picture them in my head as such to get the same effect.

That's really bad idea, why just concentrate in warfare. There are perhaps the widest category of good units in Germany, more than other civs. And do not forget that France campaign from Nazi Germany was one of the most brilliant maneuvers in the history of warfare and AH was not worser man than Stalin, Mao or Qin Si Huang who were been in previous Civ versions.

Now Augustus Caesar didn't But Gaius Julius Caesar did exterminate tribes .

You miss some data: Ceasar was born on 100 BC when the notion of "human being" was non existant, which is a XVIII century "invention" ;). Those who couldn't speak latin on that time were considered sub-humans, or barbarians.
The word "barbarian" means the one's inability to speak "correctly" (ie: non-latin), in english the word should be translated with something like "babblers", the ones who "babble". And this wasn't an ideology, it was obvious to anyone, obvious to a level you don't need to think about.

Also, comparing someone which lived before illuminism to someone which lived after it, it's like comparing a present day new yorker with a mongol warrior, or someone who lives in another solar system with us.

During italian renaissance, some leaders were capable of appreciating fine arts and slaughtering their enemies by slicing them piece-to-piece, because it was completely another world, not just our world but somehow "unevolved"... long story tho.

Hallo,

I'm german and I tested the mod and have to say a few things.
Jeleen, thanks for being intelligent and having a moral and ethical way of thinking and moderating/intervening here.
Moderator Action: *snip* flaming is not allowed here.
The Swastika (rechtsdrehend) can be used, images of Adolf Hitler also, but the "context" of its use should be "right". I personally think that historical figures like Hitler, Stalin and Mao should be a part of civ. Moderator Action: *snip* flaming is not allowed here.

Greez,

Tschuggi

I am among the others who have problems with the Hitler mod. For some reason it would start freezing up and crash when I try to start a new game with it.

Which is strange because I can run the Author's Stalin and Bush just fine, does anyone have any idea why it crashes?

HorribleHarald why not a UB too...

UB: Concentration Camp

Sorry couldn't resist the temptation to add that idea

Personally won't play with the mod as ATM all civs are currently mini Stalin's/Hitler's/Montie's and all I need do is picture them in my head as such to get the same effect.

I will never understand the Civ communities' fascination with Hitler.

On another note, It amuses me how anonymity on the internet creates the type of environment for people to post comments they would not think is acceptable to say in an open physical public setting.

It's not fascination. It's a fact that Hitler was the most significant leader of Germany. Leaders personal characters/traits should not be a reason to accept or refuse him. It has not been a reason to take Stalin or Mao with in the previous version.
Besides, it would be a pleasure for many players to kick Adolf's ass!

First i might reveal that i'm German(ish) (since not living in Germany), so i want to add my 2 cents:

A Hitler Leaderhead Mod will be important for WW2 Scenarios, but thats just it.
He was just a populist and a big failure as statesman and strategist (the war went downhill fast from the point he started giving military orders and in the end we should all be thankful for that too). There is no reason to include him as important leader in the civ series.
This mod should be very prudent in including Nazi symbols (while the swastica flag might be historicaly accurate it's still forbidden in Germany).

The main problem with this mod is that nazi ideology (and history) is still glorified by several (often aggressive) subgroups throughout the world (neonazis, white power and other dangerous poeple) and even openly in many countries (i.e. Pakistan (they are aryans (who isn't entralled when someone deceitfully tells him he is superior as a birthright). Making it natural (without reflection) to be able to chose him as Leaderhead furthers these dangerous trends by making it acceptable. No individual in his right mind could stand for that, i hope.

Cleaned up, this mod could be useful for WW2 Scenarios still. There is no use in denying history (that would be evenly harmful), but its dangerous making it possible to glorify it.

In sum i too stand by Jeleen's very intelligent and ethically founded position.

3of5

I am among the others who have problems with the Hitler mod. For some reason it would start freezing up and crash when I try to start a new game with it.

Which is strange because I can run the Author's Stalin and Bush just fine, does anyone have any idea why it crashes?

Must be historical accuracy ;-) The so called "1000 jähriges Reich" was evenly short lived and crashed very badly in the end...

I see no problem with a Nazi German faction, this just makes it so mutch more fun off kicking Hittler in the balls one more time and then one more time and on and on and on... etc. :)

Refusing to se true history as it is will have backfired efect even tho the thaught about conseeling the painfull things comited by one mans ideeolegy is for a good caous.

Wise words:
"The painful things in life are to be reminded of every singel day"

"Knowlege is Power"

"A man who never learns will never be able to avoid"

Thanks for me and for a great addition to a nice game :)

I am new to Civilization. I just downloaded Hitler, Fuhrer of the Third Reich and i don't know how to install it. I use steam to play civ V. Can anyone please help me out?

My issue with this mod is that there are a few small historic things that could have been added to make it alot better.

Top Bottom