[E3 2013] 2K Games forfeit !!!

could anyone possibly translate/summarize this to english?

What it suggests to me is that the last Civ will probably have been revealed by then and there won't be anything major to talk about...

E3 isnt what it used to be. There's many other companies that are also skipping it.

Yeah, I would say PAX is now a more important event when it comes to communicating with fans than E3. Plus, with social media, events such as E3 are really less and less important.

This doesn't mean that we will definitely know all the civilizations by mid June. There's a good chance of that anyway, but snubbing E3 has no relation to that.

The media attention around BNW wouldn't grow anymore at E3 than it would from just announcing things to gaming media. It would just cost them a small fortune to attend when the alternative is in all likelihood selling exclusive cover rights to journalists, or at the very least not spending anything.

So the devs care more about developing the game and producing it than showing it off? Sounds good to me.

So the devs care more about developing the game and producing it than showing it off? Sounds good to me.

Well that`s one way to interpret things. Honestly I cross my fingers that you`re right.

SO the E3 is set on June and BNW comes out July? By that time I`ll bet we`ll know all civs and wonders, I`m just dispaointed for possibility for missing a sweet demo or gameplay to which I would drool :crazyeye:

It probably means they looked at their marketing schedules for all their different games and realized they didn't need to pay a boat load of money to be one voice among many at the show.

Well that`s one way to interpret things. Honestly I cross my fingers that you`re right.

SO the E3 is set on June and BNW comes out July? By that time I`ll bet we`ll know all civs and wonders, I`m just dispaointed for possibility for missing a sweet demo or gameplay to which I would drool :crazyeye:

Well, nothing is stopping them from having their own sweet demo or gameplay to which you would drool - they did the Ask Dennis thingamajig where they even showed us a hint for Portugal, all without a big event, so really nothing is stopping them from showing stuff during, or even before E3. :)

From what I gathered, that's how Nintendo will operate this year - no E3 event, but they have NintendoDirect so they will continue to announce stuff as usual! :D

Isn't E3 this year all about next-gen? PS4, Xbox720, etc?

Sony already announced the PS4 and Microsoft is announcing the next Xbox May 21st so the big news will already be out. They might talk about some new features or showcase some of the launch titles, but these days new consoles are revealed at their own events instead of at tradeshows like they used to. Like I said, E3 isnt what it used to be.

E3 is basically only useful to get shareholders excited about your products these days... Anything that the gamers want to hear is better funneled through social media. Nothing spreads quite like word of mouth.

I mentioned that 2K won't be at E3 two days ago with no response - guess I should've used more exclamation marks.;)

I saw when you posted it then. I find it as unremarkable as I do now so I didn't see the need to comment ;)

Based on when the game was announced, I don't see what promotional value E3 adds. Given that they'll be devoting all their resources to bug fixing at the time, it would probably be counterproductive. So they made the right choice skipping it.

Now whatever XCOM project is being worked on probably could have been timed to be at E3, but I can see not wanting to go just for that, especially since E3 isn't as important as it used to be and it'll probably be devoted to showing off nextgen consoles.

I mentioned that 2K won't be at E3 two days ago with no response - guess I should've used more exclamation marks.;)

I think the key was making a new thread. I've been getting email notifications about it for half a week now. I don't care whether they go to E3. It's a month before release. We should have the lion's share of info by then. I saw your comment in a different thread and didn't feel the need to go off topic to express my thoughts.

It's pretty obvious from this thread that everyone shares my view on the matter. That this is non-news. It seems likely that we will know all the big details about BNW by E3 in June. After that it's just the small stuff. May should be fun though. :)

Haha, yeah, I don't really care - just thought it was funny.:p

Indeed, let's hope May brings some more info - we could certainly use it!:D

From a different article:

"Joystiq confirmed that, while 2K will not have a booth on the floor at E3 this year, it will hold private meeting with the press there in a meeting room."

So I guess they could do some interviews there.

Top Bottom