New Unit Series: Sten Gun

My new avatar is a pic of Michael 4 in a German Fallshirmjager outfit. After the sten gun I think I may try work on a german weapon either the MP40, FG32 or MP44. I'll have to start a poll to figure which one to use. :)

Yeeehhhhaaaaa! Do you than plan a modern version, too?

Yeeehhhhaaaaa! Do you than plan a modern version, too?

Hi John,

My next unit pack will probably include a late war Fallshirmjager as well as other late war infantry. At civ scale the MP44 will certainly be usable as a stopgap between WW II and maybe the 1960s or so. One of the units I do will be a hypothetical post WW II German infantryman with an MP44. Of course that is all hedging on the prediction that the MP44 will win the weapons poll. The jury is still out. Even if the next weapon isn't the MP44 I will certainly eventually do an MP44 regardless. :)

I have a small request. Could you add a paradrop animation to your latest commando?

I know it may not veyr 100% historically accurate, but in my game commando/special forces have amphibious, paradrop, hidden nationality, but are otherwise weak...

Hi Steph, check the DL database under the two commandos I've posted. Both have new files uploaded which include paradrop animations for the commandos.

Well done, Gary - all of these units are great! I DL'd 'em all. If you work on something for the future, my vote goes to the MP-40. Cya!

I'd forgotten about that unit. I'll eventually get back around to him. I got all excited about the MP44 and went ahead and did it instead of the last sten gun unit. I still think, though, that a regular infantry with sten gun just isn't going to be very useful. Even as a generic marine for other countries something about it just doesn't look very "marine-ish" to me.

Top Bottom