HRY Series Discussion Thread

Hooray

Civ3 Cartographer
Considering that HRY4 - Russian Roulette has attracted enough players that I had to reject several of them, I'm wondering about splitting into teams to play multiple games at once like so many SG series seem to do these days.
I'd like some suggestions on how to handled this.

First, I could create an HRY4(b) for extra players. The settings would be the same, except they would start in a different starting position.

Alternatively, I could go ahead and create an HRY5, since I probably have enough time for multiple SGs these days.
If I do make an HRY5, I have an idea of playing a modified Rise of Rome scenario to play as the minor powers (Celts, Goths, Scythians, and Egyptians).
I tested this out, and it looks like such a game would be do-able, though certainly more difficult than if we played as one of the major powers.
I would prefer Monarch level, but could agree on Emperor if there's enough demand for that.

So is there still enough demand for another HRY game, and if so which would you prefer?

Well, I'll consider this a sign-up thread for HRY5 then. I do want to do that modified Rise of Rome now.

I'm hoping upon hope that a bunch of people will be willing to sign up, so I can make separate teams to use each of the four minor powers in RoR. If not, I'll just have to form a single team and we'll decide which civ to use.

I'm not sure how playable some of the minor civs in Rise of Rome are. Egypt has the potential for massive pop growth and is located relativly close to the other high-growth area on the map, Mesopotamia. Of course, that would mean taking on the Persians ;) Egypt also has the option of peacefully expanding for awhile; alot of the land between Carthage and Egypt is ripe for settling. Our UU won't be worth much I imagine, and we can't ever build heavy cavalry unless further modifications are made, however. The Goths, on the other hand, have a better UU but start so far away from the action (maybe take out the Celts early and take over western europe and northern iberia?) that they would probably be very difficult; I doubt we could even reach the Persians or Egyptians. The Celts are wedged between two major powers in a locked war; they may be able to fairly well if they can play Carthage and Rome off each other. The Scythians get a mounted warrior analog and have easy access to Persia's flank, and can also reach Macedon and Egypt without trouble. Do you think giving the minor tribes access to all the techs and Heavy Cavalry would be better? It would be less of a challenge, sure, but I just don't see any of the minor civs stopping a concentrated assault of Heavy Cavalry, not with the 3 defense Numed as their best defender (and only the egyptians will be able to get Ivory anyway). Legionary III's will also e a nightmare, but at least they only get 1 mp so artillery will do fine against them I imagine.

HRY4 is almost over, so I really need to start recruiting for HRY5 now.

Anyone still like the Rise of Rome Revised idea, or should we try something else? I could also do some normal Emperor-level game, or perhaps a Monarch-level variant like AW. Come to think of it, I've never done an Always War SG.

Anyway, let's have some discussion about HRY5 now. I'm still up for the Rise of Rome idea, at least.

Hey, I was thinking! Ok? :)

I don't like scenarios, I simply love the ancient age.

I asked Charis about it and he said I could have ancient age forever, by changing the tech-prefs. It would take like forever to research Construction as example, setting it to 500 turns or whatever. And not having Expansionists around would make it safe.

Why not something like this?

Warriors, archers, spears, swords and horses....forever :)

I simply love the idea, but don't know how to make it real.
I've been fiddling in the editor, but I suck!

Do this and put me first on the roster, ok? :)

A very different game for sure!

If you didn't like that idea, let Rise of Rome rest anyways.

And make a AW on Emperor, that would be great fun.

We probably lose, but rematches are always there :)

And again, put me first on the roster, since I'm such a sucker for starters :)

hmm, plaing scythia wmight be interesting, I don't like to play a AW at the moment :) But why not a HRY4+, meaning, not only a single volcanoe, but many many many volcanoes everywhere around. Of course, we want to dominate this fire world. And we would raise the chance of a volcanoe erupting would be higher.

Just a suggestion. mitsho

I'd love to play, but I'm not in C3C, so I don't know how you'd do the volcano's unless you resorted to Cracker's mods.

I'm sure if I keep looking I'll find somebody doing PTW around this place... Enjoy!

I've tried something like that before gozpel, only with both the Ancient and Middle Ages. I'll think about it.

Hmm, so Rise of Rome Revised doesn't seem so popular. I'm open to suggestions then. I just know if we do an AW, I'm certainly not skilled enough to attempt anything above Monarch.

Top Bottom