Hourglass Universe

I sub, therefore I am.

subbed.

Wonder what this new age will be like? I'll wake up happily on the 22'nd, turn on CNN, and watch some news about how so many people predicted the world, did stupid stuff, and now look like idiots. Then we will see what happens.

Also, I recall reading that the Mayans didn't predict the end of the world, just a new age.

IIRC it's actually where their calendar goes back to the start of the cycle. Won't stop me capitalising with a Civ story though :p

IIRC it's actually where their calendar goes back to the start of the cycle. Won't stop me capitalising with a Civ story though :p

Didn't stop Hollywood either :p

Wikipedia said:
Misinterpretation of the Mesoamerican Long Count calendar is the basis for a New Age belief that a cataclysm will take place on December 21, 2012. December 21, 2012 is simply the day that the calendar will go to the next b'ak'tun.

Misinterpretation of the Mesoamerican Long Count calendar is the basis for a New Age belief that a cataclysm will take place on December 21

Now its Dec 23, but before 2 days in Greece there were many rains. :p

next year christos, next year. You can laugh at the wrong people next year

Wikipedia said:
"Ask an Astrobiologist", a NASA public outreach website, has received over 5000 questions from the public on the subject since 2007, some asking whether they should kill themselves, their children or their pets.

That's just scary and really sad. Just shows how mentally unstable a lot of those people are.

That's just scary and really sad. Just shows how mentally unstable a lot of those people are.

Think about how many people will do it still, even if they don't really know if it's going to happen or not. And if it doeesn't happen.... :sad:

which it won't

EDIT: If we all die on Dec 21 2012 I'll give anyone who asks $1,000,000. But, all whop ask must give me a million dollars if we don't all die :D

I'll put up the same offer :D

Part 2 to come later today (I need my screenshots, otherwise I'd be writing it now).

. . . The First B'ak'tun . . .
Cauac

... and so, I was born. The first child of this earth. The four creator gods compelled my mother to name me Dustcloud. My parents' own names were Hunac and Ah; at first they did not suspect that I was more than simply a child, for the gods did not deign to speak with them. On the other hand, no such restrictions applied to me. I inherently knew my purpose - I rememered my converstion with Mulac, Cauac, Ik' and Kan. I kept quiet, however, until the age of six. Then, one day as I walked through a small break in the foliage with both my parents, I felt something. I'd been told by Cauac that this was the arranged signal; something important was about to happen which relied on my knowing participation. That something was the message that would shatter our small world.

"Mother. Father."

I spoke with authority, as I had not been able to do since my birth. Hunac and Ah listened when they heard the voice I used; it boomed like the voice of a six-year-old never should, as it was the voice of one who had been sent by the gods.

At last, Ah spoke. "Yes, my son?"

"Be prepared for what I am about to tell you. I have been sent by the gods to tell you what must happen.
This is the third earth. You know this, for it has been told for eternity. I am compelled to tell you that it will be the last; I know the exact date of its ending. It lies thousands of years away, thousands upon thousands of days, but it will come. The gods themselves told me this, so you may trust it completely.
I must remain on this earth for eternity, to keep the truth alive, but you will be the parents of our people on this earth. Ahead of us lie thirteen eras, b'ak'tuns. It's known to all three of us here. In four years, I will simply stop growing. This also must be. Only a child can do the duty that must be done at the end of all ages."

Hunac spoke this time. "You are the prophet?"
"I am the prophet."
"What, then, must we do?"
"You will have other children, twelve in number. They and myself will be responsible for an age of this earth. I call the ages b'ak'tuns; they are not true b'ak'tuns, for they are not of equal length as the ones on our calendar. They represent eras of this earth, the first one ending at a point in time known only to myself.
Your next child will be reponsible for this first era. He will not die until its end.
Name him the Walker, for the first age will be one of movement for our people."

Dumbfounded at all they just heard, the pair left me in the clearing and went back to our shelter. They needed to come to terms with who I was. They never knew as I did.

I looked around me at the place where I stood, and somehow I knew that this would be a place where many things happened.

This will be a place where many gather, a city. But not for a long time.
For the first years, we will wander.

Non Canon Intermission

You're not going to get any gameplay for a while yet, I'm afraid. The updates are normally going to be once a week, but I'm trying to get four in before I go camping on the New Year - only the last of those four actually pokes into the start of the game. I had to do it that way, because otherwise I'm leaving out a good 2,500 years and not doing anything with them. :p

All credit goes to paint.net for the screenshot, and sorry for the yield icons (and blue circle) in advance. I couldn't get rid of them without going on to the next turn.

Top Bottom