Thing I learned about the world thru Civ4

This is actually true in most cases. The entire Wall Street tends to make money. That is why the stock exchange (NASDAQ, NIKKEI, etc.) indexes keep going up and up, with the sole exception of a GFC or the like.

It is individual stocks and investments that might lose you money.

The Civ4 NW is not a single investment ;)

Hence, diversify your shares portfolio!

I don't want to hijack the thread, but measuring whether Wall St makes or looses cash is actually very difficult, and depends on how long you choose as a measurement period. By some measurements you'd be better putting your money in the bank for 10 years than into any stock market.

But yes, diversify your portfolio...

214. Exponential population growth simply does not happen when you reach the industrial and modern ages, so why are people so worried about it.

215. Coliseums and sports stadiums produce no culture, yet castles do.

216. The knowledge of steam power is not needed to discover how to generate electricity.

217. The British must have used tons of Redcoats to quell Shaka's many Impi death stacks.

218. A bank is more dangerous than a death stack of modern armor.

214. Exponential population growth simply does not happen when you reach the industrial and modern ages, so why are people so worried about it.

215. Coliseums and sports stadiums produce no culture, yet castles do.

216. The knowledge of steam power is not needed to discover how to generate electricity.

217. The British must have used tons of Redcoats to quell Shaka's many Impi death stacks.

218. A bank is more dangerous than a death stack of modern armor.

All true actually, lol.

219) All the nations are primitive communism state: all foods are belonged to the society.

220) All military units have the same maintenance cost.

221) All nations have the same currency: gold.

222) Techs( music, physic, fascist, liberasism...) grant you great peoples.( in real life it's the opposite!)

224. Each and every mountain all over the earth is an active volcano. And they WILL erupt at least twice over the course of a nation's history.

225. Everlasting peace and harmony can be achieved after you have vassalised/destroyed everyone else.:cool:

226. Chopping down every single piece of forest and jungle has no appreciable effect.

37. Copper wasn't required to build the Statue of Liberty, it just made production of it twice as fast.

That's because the extra time without copper is spent using a matter converter to turn wood into copper

100. Catherine the Great slapped everyone who annoyed her.

101. Likewise Gilgamesh got uncomfortably close in peoples faces when he got angry.

102. Julius Caesar offered salad to anyone he met for the first time, and Sitting Bull did the same with a peace pipe.

I love these ones, especially Gilgamesh:lol:

227) All it takes is three gigantic men with clubs to make a 30+ pop city have an extra 1 happiness.

I dunno... if there were three giant men with clubs in London whose little fingers were the size of Big Ben I'd at least be a little in awe...;)

I dunno... if there were three giant men with clubs in London whose little fingers were the size of Big Ben I'd at least be a little in awe...;)

True...

228. China obviously used world builder as you can't build the Forbidden City in your capital city.

229. Of the Three members of any military unit, one will always sitnk and almost always be killed, the second will probably be killed too within the first few seconds of battle, and the strong third person will somehow kill off the other three enemy units by himself.

230: Gilgamesh could really use a breath mint.

231. Tsarina Catherine was always in the habit of slapping other world leaders.

232. This world ends after one of the civilisations achieves certain victory condition. Thank God it didnt happend yet. But perhaps time victory is coming...:eek:

233. The world will end in 2050, no matter what else is happening.

Top Bottom