N4 - The Empire of East and West (Korea C3C 1.22)

Nick014

Deposed Despot
C3C v1.22
Map: Large, warm, wet, 4 billion 60% pangaea
Barbarians: Roaming
Civilization: Korea
Difficulty: Demigod
11 Random opponents
All victory conditions enabled.

I've actually been kicking this idea around my head for a while, but it took gozpel's S.C.R.A.P(.E) game to show me that there might be enough interest for the concept. The principle of this game is a divided empire competing against itself for fame and glory. 2 players would take control of the east half, and two would control the west half, with myself playing the neutral position of the cities in between. The game would begin with the first 2 rotations through the roster as one would normally play. After the basic core of cities has been laid down, the 2 teams would shift their focus exclusively to the section they choose in the beginning. The goal is to make your half of the empire the most glorious place to live in the whole world

Here are some of my preliminary guidelines for the divisive play:

-units produced in the core cities may be used by any player at any time.

-units produced in either section of the empire may only be used by the team that built them. Because of this restriction, all units would have to be tagged with where they were built. For example "Core-Warrior" or "East-Spearman". The exception to this rule would be workers, who can be used by anyone at any time.

-A player of one section may not change the build orders for any city of any other section. That means before your turns are over, you should make sure to have build orders in place for your cities, or the governor gets to decide what they build :) .

-Players may not intentionally harm the other team's cause. That means for example: if war is declared and the other half of the empire falls under attack, you should do your best to respond with core units, or perhaps volunteer your own (though this is not mandatory).

-As the middle-man, so to speak, I will attempt to balance some of the decisions for the good of our civilization as a whole.

-If the boundaries become somewhat blurred as to where east and west meet, we may have to begin tagging cities as well.

-At the risk of one side completely overwhelming the other, the FP may not be built in an east or west city.

So that's my idea. If there's enough interest, I will generate a start and get it rolling. Remember that the first 2 rotations are for building the core up before we go off on our own. We can decide how to score each other at the end of the game and see which half was better. Of course, there would still have to be an element of cooperation involved for us to manage a win.

Roster:
Core
-Nick014
East
-Open
-Open
West
-Open
-Open

If there is enough interest, I would consider allowing 3 players per team.

Thanks for looking.

Nice concept, but without a map made by a person, the differences between the two sides could be too favorable to one side to make it a competition. For example, one side could be all desert, while the other is luxurious grassland.

heh, I already took that into consideration and have a friend who's willing to help us in that respect ;)

Idea: start with w 2 cores, city already established in each. one gets palace and worker, the other FP and worker. Means tinkering with the rules but you have someone ready to help per previous post. Need to give the AI some units to offset your 2 city start.

Admiral Kutzov said:
Idea: start with w 2 cores, city already established in each. one gets palace and worker, the other FP and worker. Means tinkering with the rules but you have someone ready to help per previous post. Need to give the AI some units to offset your 2 city start.

I considered that, but then I realized that if for example, the west empire were to fall under attack during the east empires turns, they technically would not be able to respond.

Although I guess it's kind of a moot point since no one seems interested in the first place :p

Top Bottom