Across the Atlantic 1526

By the way, would there be interest in an optional mod? I've been thinking of making one. It would be small, only changing civ descriptions and religions, possibly leader traits as well.

I'd play it. If you could persuade a good map maker to make a larger version that would go down well too, with a couple of extra civs.

Budapest should be under Ottoman control, or, if you wish to simulate Europe right before the Battle of Mohács, there should be a considerable Ottoman force ready to invade Budapest. Austria is a bit too powerful in this game; playing as them I can completely wipe the Ottomans out of Europe and (with luck) capture Istanbul (btw Istanbul should have Walls + Castle to simulate the Theodosian Walls).

Maria Theresa should not be the ruler of Austria, rather Ferdinand I (or even Charles V). I realize you may not be going for historical accuracy with the leaders, but it would improve the experience, in my opinion. The French king should be Francis I, Spain should be Charles I, with open borders + defensive pact with Austria (use the same leaderhead for Charles I and Charles V), England should be Henry VIII, and the Ottomans should be [Kanuni Sultan] Süleyman [the Magnificent].

Also, I think having the HRE unplayable is a good idea on your part, as they were very decentralized and might be too powerful as a human).

im not smart with a computer and this is one of the first things that i have actually downloaded so bear with me if its something simple. i downloaded the scenario and moved the file to beyond the sword mods folder and i cant find it in the game. should i not have moved it?

im not smart with a computer and this is one of the first things that i have actually downloaded so bear with me if its something simple. i downloaded the scenario and moved the file to beyond the sword mods folder and i cant find it in the game. should i not have moved it?

put it in this folder: C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\PublicMaps (assuming BtS is installed on your C: drive) and it should appear in the "Play Scenario" menu within BtS

i just moved it from the file i downloaded it to to the mods folder. ill try the public maps folder then. thanks

it didnt work. although i dont know what the C: drive is. i got BtS by downloading it from gamestop.com. would that put it on the C: drive?

i tried deleting it and redownloading it and putting it in the public maps thing and that didnt work either. does this scenario work with the new patch?

If you have a downloaded copy of BtS you usually need to place the file in
"My Documents\My Games\Beyond the Sword\Public Maps"
or something like that, more or less.

Good catch on the fishing boats. The portuguese did of course have galleons.

Downloading/playing what I expect to be an awesome scenario right now! :ggodjob:

Just checking, you are not trying to "load a mod", right? So far, this is not a mod but a scenario. You should find it under "Play Scenario". Otherwise, you could also try placing it under
"My Documents\My Games\Beyond the Sword\Saves\WorldBuilder",
don't know if this will help, though.

Just checking, you did unzip the file, right? It is zipped, or compressed, and needs to be unzipped for the game to load it. If you did that, try double-clicking the file as a last resort. The game should start up with the scenario loaded.

well i was able to play it. so far i like it. except for 2 things. 1) i started the ottomans and it was turn 5500 or something. 2) the ottomans can see 2 tiles of the new world on their map.

Hi!

I just would like to add the fact that Budapest is a city name that was made in 1873.
I suggestnaming it Buda
- because Pest (on the other side of the Danube) was not significant until the 19th century.

Version 1.10 is up, now featuring a mod!
The mod is half-complete in places, mostly civilopedia, but all the graphics and gameplay is there. There are three new units, three new leaders, and two new buildings, as well as changed religions and flags.

Also some changes to the map. The Lesser Antilles were expanded a lot, since the AI wouldn't found any cities there (and who could blame them?), a situation that does not correspond with history or my intentions.
I added a land bridge between Sweden and Finland. Yes, I know it is geographically out of scale, and I know that the land route was not used during this time, but it seems to help the AI enormously, as well as making playing Sweden a bit less of a pain.

Also, Portugal now starts with a galleon fleet and Budapest is Buda ;)

Oh, and the Native American leader is now Montezuma (with Sitting Bull graphics in the mod). Sitting Bull was just way too timid.

i know youre probably going to stare at my post in anger but how do you install this? DONT KILL ME!

You can either download only the base scenario, put it in the same folder you put the scenario the last time (you got it to work, right?), and run the "no mod version" without the mod.
Or you can download both the scenario and the mod. In this case put the mod under Civ4/Beyond the Sword/Mods/ and when you start up the game, click advanced -> load a mod -> AcrossAtlantic, then when the game starts up again play the "mod version" scenario.

If anyone manages to run this in BtS 3.19 I'd like to know, I've been unable to install 3.19 myself.

Top Bottom