Walls for Borders

Pounder

Phaethon was here
This was just made for a demonstration, but I'll post them any ways. I borrowed aaglo's walls for the demonstration, I made minor changes to them, but they are his genius.

Attachments

• territory.pcx
    17.7 KB · Views: 746
  • wt1pre.png
    wt1pre.png
    249.9 KB · Views: 2,020
  • wt2pre.png
    wt2pre.png
    402.4 KB · Views: 1,992
As I posted in the other thread, amazing.

Though probably few people will have an use for this file as it is, the fact that you succeeded in making this opens infinite possibilities. You are a pioneer, as always. :D Thanks a lot.

Actually...
I might have a use for them...
If I can just fix a few irritating bugs in the scenario....

Is there a problem when they go over water? Perhaps if you used a series of flags with little mounds of earth under them - then they would look like islands if they went over water?

But it's great that you've figured out how to do it. Good work Pounder. :)

@Gen.Rommel and Keroro

I have made shadows on some of the other borders I have made, which made it look like there was something under the water when the borders went over water.

Now I would have to consider piles of rocks and such under the borders, now that they could be made to look half decent.

Funny, one of the first things that popped into my head was someone trying to make laser beam borders for a sci-fi mod. Now we could make them with a nice post with a laser cannon or ray gun mounted on the pole. The laser beam would be the civ colours.

Here is a preview with water, I loaded it into my current game, I think I will go back to my chainlink fence for now.:)

Pounder you have by far the most edited graphics I have seen.

Very nice! Perfect for land maps as an imitation great wall.

Yeah, the old water issue.

The blasted hard coding always keeping us down...

Very nice! Perfect for land maps as an imitation great wall.

Yeah, the old water issue.

The blasted hard coding always keeping us down...

I'm thinking of maybe making another set of borders, may look okay in the water as well since they are heads and such mounted on posts.

This preview may look repetative because I have only done one head on a post. I'll mix it up with eight different warnings. I will be a little more creative in the hills as they don't show up at sea, but for the flat terrain (including the sea) I will stick to things mounted on posts.

I would like ideas/suggestions.

Here is another preview with flags and towers added.

I was thinking of holding a lottery to make some custom borders for someone, then a came to the realization that no one has made a single request yet and that a lottery would probably be an imbarrassment if I didn't get any entries.

Am I the only one who cares about the borders, or is everyone happy with what they've got.

I think I'll take a break.

No, no, Pounder! You should definitely continue your work! We all appreciate everything you do, especially your work towards offering as many different border graphics as possible. I think that's just it though...you throw so many new and varying designs at us that no one is able to think up anything that you haven't already.

But you know what? I'd advise you to hold the lottery anyway. I know I would definitely participate in it.

By the way, the piked-skull border graphic looks really good. It would be perfect for an Meso-American or Polynesian mod. Hopefully some will find use for it.

Here is another preview with flags and towers added.

I was thinking of holding a lottery to make some custom borders for someone, then a came to the realization that no one has made a single request yet and that a lottery would probably be an imbarrassment if I didn't get any entries.

Am I the only one who cares about the borders, or is everyone happy with what they've got.
I'm not perfectly fine with my borders, and I'm sure many people (my included) would enter a lottery for graphic creation by you!

(Wow, that last sentence has kinda bad grammar.)

Rocks

I through these together quickly, could be reshaped, and fit better, maybe could be shaped more reef like, then would look good in water and land.

Just wanted to show another element that could be used, maybe combined with the walls, maybe just keep the walls for the hils and mountains.

Flags, skulls on polls, banners and such could be added to the rocks, to supply the civ colours.

Those look pretty good and also appease those wishing for a more identifiable border (as stated by some above). I think this may look good in a post-apocalyptic scenario as a make-shift defense system using various rubble accumulated in the cities.

By the way, where can I get that Asian looking village graphic two squares south of Thebes?

Those look pretty good and also appease those wishing for a more identifiable border (as stated by some above). I think this may look good in a post-apocalyptic scenario as a make-shift defense system using various rubble accumulated in the cities.

By the way, where can I get that Asian looking village graphic two squares south of Thebes?

They are one of my Village Goody Huts, click on Village Goodys in my sig below.

Here I've added some vertical flags or banners.

Top Bottom