My Experience thus far

WarFalcon

Chieftain
I've started a game on diety. I randomed Roosevelt of America.

My main problem is my cities being automated in terms of which tiles are being worked. I try to take off the automation, but it keeps coming back, very annoying. If someone knows of a solution to this please post.

Being on diety I've missed all the religions thus far, unsurprisingly

The civs still race ahead of you in techs, but not so much that I feel overwhelmed.

Mountains are annoying, I was on a tiny penensula and was entirely walled off from the rest of the map. I had to get galleys to expand beyond 3 cities.

Ocean tiles with some kind of resource are very nice once you've put fishing boats on it, likewise for the land resources like cattle.

forests give 30 hammers so even in cities with small population you can crank out a settler really fast if you've got a couple forest tiles nearby.

I've been playing on Emperor level only. It seems Hinduism is the easist religon to get hold of because all the SPI civs try to get Buddaism in first 15 turns and the other civs seem just don't care about it early on.

Brota said:
I've been playing on Emperor level only. It seems Hinduism is the easist religon to get hold of because all the SPI civs try to get Buddaism in first 15 turns and the other civs seem just don't care about it early on.

I think I could have got judeaism(sp?) had I been located in a better starting position. 3 cities on a tiny slice of land isolated behind impassable terrain kinda sucked.

To turn off the automation:
1. go into city
2. turn off automation
3. change tiles
4. leave by pressing enter

It always seems to reset back to automated with esc or double left clicking the city square, but enter seems to make it get the point.

Top Bottom