XX Century Mod

AndyTerry

Russian Bear

XX Century Mod v 2.11
Download link is temporarily unavaliable.

Thread of tenkk's smaller map for the mod

Requires Civilization IV, patch 1.61

XX Century is a modification of Sid Meier's Civilization 4. It illustrates history of 20th century and includes 33 civilization, 50 leaders, 44 units (35 are completely reskinned) and 13 technologies.

To install mod, extract "XX Century Mod 2" folder into [Sid Meier's Civilization 4 main folder]\Mods\ and "XX - Full.CIV4WORLDBUILDERSAVE" into [Sid Meier's Civilization 4 main folder]\Public Maps. Before installation, remove previous version.
To install MiniUpdate, copy "XX Century Mod 2" folder into [Sid Meier's Civilization 4 main folder]\Mods\ and "XX - Full.CIV4WORLDBUILDERSAVE" into [Sid Meier's Civilization 4 main folder]\Public Maps and agree for replacing. Do not delete any files.

To play load the mod ("Advanced" -> "Load a Mod" in a game and agree to game's request for restarting). Then you can play on a custom map (the game starts in 1900 in Modern era) or on a scenario map (the Earth, 1901 - 2000)

Supported languages: English, French, Italian

Civilizations (leaders):
------------------------

Argentina (Peron)
Australia (Hawke)
Austria-Hungary (Franz Josef I)
Brazil (Vargas)
Canada (King, Trudeau)
China (Mao Zedong, Empress Cixi)
Cuba (Castro)
Egypt (Nasser)
France (De Gaulle, Mitterrand)
German Empire (Wilhelm II)
Germany (Hitler, Kohl)
Great Britain (Chamberlain, Churchill, Thatcher)
India (Gandhi)
Iran (Khomeini)
Israel (Sharon)
Italy (Mussolini)
Japan (Hirohito, Koizumi, Meiji)
Mexico (Fox)
Palestine (Arafat)
Poland (Walesa)
Romania (Mihai I)
Russian Empire (Nicholas II)
Russian Federation (Putin)
Saudi Arabia (Fahd)
South Africa (Mandela)
Soviet Union (Lenin, Stalin, Brezhnev, Gorbachev)
Spain (Franco)
Sweden (Erlander)
Turkey (Ataturk)
USA (Eisenhower, Roosevelt, Kennedy, Nixon, Reagan, Bush Jr)
Vietnam (Ho Chi Minh)
West Germany (Adenauer, Brandt)
Yugoslavia (Tito)

Most notable units are AEGIS Cruiser, Biplane, Apache, T-34, Zeppeline, Strikefighter...
Some of techs: Automobiles, Television, Radars, Cinematograph...

Creators of mod:
----------------

Head creator, XML coder, designer - AndyTerry
Pre-made map maker - smellymummy
French traducer - Shumiker
Italian traducer - C44

Unit makers:
Frontbrecher
sharick
nautil
krowtrobot
korvgubben
Sir Aragorn
Hunter
Talon500
C.Roland
Robo Magic Man
Rabbit, White
snafusmith
Von Zeppelin
CrazyAce
AndyTerry

Test by NeverMind, ibcoltscrew, Wei-Yan, Schumiker
Units research by AlCosta15
Images, infirmation and text research by AndyTerry

Author specially thanks:
Hunter - for help with compating mod with 1.61 patch
C44 - for assistance with XML
NeverMind - for advices about creating mod
ibcoltscrew and Wei-Yan - for fair critics
Гость - for giving a file hosting place

All images and texts were taken from open media sources.
Yasser Arafat image is copyrighted. Symbol (c) allows to use this image anyway.
Ariel Sharon image was taken from www.mfa.gov.il site. Source: http://www.mfa.gov.il/MFA/MFAArchive/2000_2009/2003/2/Ariel+Sharon.htm allows the use of their photos under fair use.

History:
--------

v 2.11 (16 Apr 2006) - download
- Fixed Italian version
- Corrected tech costs
- Fixed bug with desription of CEP

v 2.1 (15 Apr 2006)
- Mod is made compatible with 1.61 patch
- Fixed bug with unit graphics
- Added 1 civilization
- 1 civilization added to the world map
- Added 1 leader
- Added 2 units
- 1 UU is replaced with other
- Added Italian translation
- Corrected tech costs
- Corrected mistakes with map

v 2.06 (9 Apr 2006)
- Corrected mistakes with map
- Corrected French texts

v 2.05 (8 Apr 2006)
- Added 1 civilization
- Added 4 leaders
- Added 1 unit
- Scenario map is remade
- Static images for previously animated leaders
- Fixed "Red Ball" bug
- Naval Mine unit is removed
- New end-of-the-game leaders' list
- Technologies cost is enlarged
- Custom map playing calendar reformed
- Corrected 3 misspellings in English

v 2.0 (11 Mar 2006)
- Added 12 civilizations
- Added 18 leaders
- Added 28 units
- 1 unit is reskinned
- Added scenario map
- Added Great People list
- New images for some leaders

v 1.0.2 (25 Feb 2006)
- Fixed Resistant unit bug
- Fixed bug with invisiblity of Russian cities' population

v 1.0.1 (25 Feb 2006)
- Removed not working scenarios
- Made changes in colour of Canada
- Costs of technologies reduced for playing with default calendar
- Fixed white flags bug

v 1.0 (24 Feb 2006)
- Initial release: 19 civilizations, 25 leaders, 18 units, 12 techs added to a game

Note: all dates are given in Greenwich time. At the moment of release of some version it could be another day in some parts of the Earth. For example, on the moment of release of 1.0 version it was night of the next day in Japan, and 2.1 version came out when it was night of 16 April in Russia.

All critics and offers are welcome in mod's thread in the forum of civfanatics.com and civfanatics.ru sites. You can also write an e-mail to author (terry@civfanatics.ru).

Needed a translator to make mod understand German.

FAQ:
----

- What should I do with RAR file i downloaded?
You should open it with WinRAR and extract to specified folder. If you haven't WinRAR, you can get it free here: http://www.download.com/WinRAR/3000-2250-10007677.html

- Why there are only one leader for each civ in XX-Full scenario?
It's a problem of Civ4 itself. Maybe, it's fixable with SDK.

- All flags in game are white! Why?
It means that your graphic card doesn't support alpha-channels (this problem appears, for example, with GeForce 4). What to do: download the file in attach. Extract 'Teamcolor' folder to [Mod Folder]\Assets\Art\Interface\ ; Extract CIV4ArtDefines_Civilization.XML to [Mod Folder]\Assets\XML\Art\
Second variant is to buy new graphic card :lol: Your current ine is defenitely too old ;)

Attachments

• cant_read_alphachannel_patch.zip
    64.8 KB · Views: 2,019
The USSR - Giant territories with plenty of resources, but too big mantainance cost and too bad infrastructure in far regions. The most dangerous neighbours are Mao's China and European countries. Also you have common border with Turkey and Japan (on a sea). Starting gold and technologies are advanced. 27 cities.

Canada - You have fertile plains on the South and mineral resources on the North. The only neighbour is USA. 9 cities.

The USA - Starts as advanced and rich. You need not to agree Canada's Open Borders offers and conquer Central America yourself. Only neighbour is Canada. 12 cities.

Brazil - Big territories and good conditions for quick development. Fear aggressive Peron: he defenitely will not pleased if you start to expand to the North. 8 cities.

Argentina - Not good starting position, you are cut from Central America by Brazil, your only neighbour. 6 cities.

South Africa - Plains for farms and gold - fine place to start. Furthermore, you have a place to expand. Your only neighbour is German colony Namibia. 4 cities.

Egypt - Most of your starting territory is desert, but it's possible to have farms on banks of Nile. The situation with mineral resources is bad. Your neighbours are Italian colony Libia (Tribolis), Saudi Arabia and hated by Arabs Jewish Jerusalem (minor nation city on a map). In case of war, be sure that your faith brothers would help. 5 cities.

Saudi Arabia - Almost all Arabian Peninsula is covered with desert, and that's why starvation is possible. A profit of your location is oil you can obtain. Two dangerous neighbours are Great Britain with its two Arabian colonies (Yemen and Dubai, modern UAE) and Jerusalem. Egypt should become your ally (Common faith can really increase your relations). 5 cities.

India - Rich with luxury and health resources, but poor with mineral and backward with technologies. You can expand to the North-West or try to colonize Indonesia and Australia. 5 cities.

China - playing for China, you have all chances to become the world's Superpower. Find a buyer for your resources and just earn money. South-East China is a place where you can expand. The USSR and Japan can be aggressive, but Soviets wouldn't keep big army in their East, and Japan is separated with sea. Another neighbour is british Hong Kong. 8 cities.

Japan - Not bad situation with resources, but too few place! Try to create colonies in South Asia and Australia as soon as you can, there are a lot of other contenders. No neighbours on a land, only sea borders with Soviet Union and China. 4 cities.

Great Britain - Only 3 cities on a small British isle and 4 colonies in far lands. In Britain and Hong Kong you have an access to fish, in Arabia to oil. Hong Kong will also provide you with Rice, and England with coal. On a start, you're one of the most wealthy nations. Neighbours: France (sea border) in Europe, Dubai and Aden colonies border with Saudi Arabia, China and Egypt are dangerous neighbours of Hong Kong and Sudan. 7 cities.

France - Small metropoly in the heart of overcrowded Europe and large colonial lands in West and North Africa: Alger, Marocco, Senegal, Cote D'Ivoir and Cameroon. African lands you have are rich with resources, but have very poor infrastructure. Try to found more cities in Africa as soon as you can, or later you can get a real colonial war between European and African countries. Neighbours: Britain (sea border) on the North, Germany and Italy on the East, Spain (on the South to metropoly, on the North to Morocco plus Cape Verde to the West of Senegal), and Libia, italian colony.9 cities.

Spain - One of the worst, if not the worst, starting situation. 3 cities in metropoly, one small colony on Cape Verde isles - that's all. So hurry up to get some territory in Africa, Central America or Asia. You have only one neighbour - France and three common borders with it. 4 cities.

Germany - On a start, quickly get Scandinavia and West Europe. It'll help you to become powerful. Don't forget, you have a chance to fight for Central Africa (you have a base for it in Vindhuk in Namibia). Situation with resources is normal, but few place for agriculture in Europe. You have common borders with France and Italy, and Namibia, your colony borders with RSA. Soviet Union is not far too from metropoly. 4 cities.

Italy - Few place in Europe, but plenty of room to expand in Africa from your colonies in Addis-Abeba and Tribolis. You'll have to fight with Great Britain, France and Egypt there. Your neighbours in Europe: France, Germany; in Africa - Egypt, France and Great Britain. 6 cities.

Turkey - the most backward nation in a game (only three cities). Unpleasant neighbours like the USSR and minor Jerusalem are included. Maybe the hardest civ to play. Good luck in trying it. 3 cities.

Screens from the latest version

Tech tree

Attachments

• civs.JPG
    civs.JPG
    459.1 KB · Views: 2,451
  • leaders.JPG
    leaders.JPG
    470.2 KB · Views: 2,284
  • francois.JPG
    francois.JPG
    390.5 KB · Views: 5,039
  • italiano.JPG
    italiano.JPG
    372.1 KB · Views: 3,702
Sorry to pic at something so small, but in screenshot 2, I think you meant 'raised' where you put 'reared' in a Roman catholic family.

I like the look of this mod, I will try it out.

Edit: Damnit, haven't taken a reserved spot have I?

kevjm
I didn't mean anything :) I'll tell you a little secret: all Civilopedia articles in my mod were downloaded from different websites. It's too hard to write a history of big amount of leaders on a non-native language myself :)

suspendinlight
No. Only differs are civs and leaders, e.g. in Cold War there's West Germany and USSR, and in 90s there are united Germany and Russian Federation. All scenarios start December, 1900.

kevjm said:
Sorry to pic at something so small, but in screenshot 2, I think you meant 'raised' where you put 'reared' in a Roman catholic family.

Reared is used appropriately in that context. Rear, verb; to care for (children or a child) during the early stages of life; to bring up.

Hmmm this is very buggy
i tried the cold war map and i got these bugs:

1. no nations have been founded:mad:
2. everyone has white flags:mad:
3.Japan starts with its settlers on a mountian:mad:

then i tried to try the 90s map but when it got to the finishing part of loading it just shut Civ4 down:mad:

ibcoltscrew said:
PINK !!! PINK !!! Canada is PINK... yes PINK... !
:clap: :clap: :clap:

This is a very big Bug.:)

AndyTerry pls dont disapointed more people whit Pink flag.... more respect for people nation.:nono:

AndyTerry said:
XX Century Mod v 1.0
In process of fixing bugs...

you have a good ideea for a mod .thnks for you work.

Wei-Yan said:
Hmmm this is very buggy
i tried the cold war map and i got these bugs:

1. no nations have been founded:mad:
2. everyone has white flags:mad:
3.Japan starts with its settlers on a mountian:mad:

then i tried to try the 90s map but when it got to the finishing part of loading it just shut Civ4 down:mad:

then start a normal game :)

AndyTerry pls dont disapointed more people whit Pink flag.... more respect for people nation.

LOL. You say this because the Canada flag is pink? It would be fair to say that because Germany's Great Leader is Hitler (and Italians Mussolini), but saying that because a flag is pink, and not because a Great Leaders is a mass murderer? Funny :(

DisAstro said:
LOL. You say this because the Canada flag is pink? It would be fair to say that because Germany's Great Leader is Hitler (and Italians Mussolini), but saying that because a flag is pink, and not because a Great Leaders is a mass murderer? Funny :(

for you, and your history....

sorry idnt what disapointed people. pls pick me sorry.

I find the Mod good. thnks AndyTerry.

DisAstro said:

dude... Hitler is not the point about the pink color of Canada.. personnaly, i like Hitler and i always wanted to play with or against him in this game. Usually i don't care about the leader, but i do care about the FLAG and Color cause this is more representative than a single leader.
I just want Canada with RED color instead of PINK cause it's just not fun to play civilization with a PINK(fag) nation. I don't think any nation should be PINK by the way, this color make me sick ! (i'm sure i'm not the only one)

Canada's flag isn't pink, Canada's colour is pink. D'you understand that if not Canada, then someone else? Germany, Turkey, USSR, China, Spain have same rights to pretend on red colour, but there's only two (red and dark red). BTW, Canada was included into list at the last moment and of course got the least colour.

DisAstro
So what? I created Stalin as a leader of my native country. I'm not Firaxis and a choose the most well-known leaders, not the best.

AndyTerry said:
Canada's flag isn't pink, Canada's colour isn't pink. D'you understand that if not Canada, then someone else? Germany, Turkey, USSR, China, Spain have same rights to pretend on red colour, but there's only two (red and dark red). BTW, Canada was included into list at the last moment and of course got the least colour.

Ok sorry about that, Canada is not PINK, i meant PURPLE (i am french and didnt know the exact name of the color and thought it was pink, sorry my mistake)
Andy, you seem pissoff... sorry about that man, i'm just trying to tell you my opinion but it seem that you don't like it when someone say something about your mod... BTW
You can CREATE A NEW COLOR !!! Sorry but i don't think any Canadian will play this mod if the Color of Canada doesnt change... Don't start a war about it, if you don't wanna change it thats fine, if you want Thank You but don't turn this is an opinion fight ... it's a ****ing Color and Color is the most important thing in Video Game... what about playing Battlefield 2 with purple Uniform and purple Tank, i don't think it will be fun.

There is the way you can CREATE a NEW COLOR for a CIV. It's ****ing Easy and you should make this for all your best personnal civilization.

Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Assets\XML\Interface
CIV4ColorVals.xml
<ColorVal>
<Type>COLOR_RED</Type>
<fRed>1.00</fRed>
<fGreen>0.00</fGreen>
<fBlue>0.00</fBlue>
<fAlpha>1.00</fAlpha>
</ColorVal>
Exemple :
<ColorVal>
<Type>CANADA_RED</Type>
<fRed>0.90</fRed>
<fGreen>0.00</fGreen>
<fBlue>0.00</fBlue>
<fAlpha>1.00</fAlpha>
</ColorVal>

Good Luck and please Calm down, i'm just trying to help you make your mod better but i think it was a bad idea...
BTW your flag are 11k instead of 22k, it's maybe why we can't see it (always white), probably an error with the "save format"

ibcoltscrew
I'm calm ;) Compare stylistic and lexicon of my post anf yours one.
I can answer you, but I will not, cause I've already got a warning (though I sweared in Russian, not common-speaked English like you!)
Yes, I know 'bout changing colours. If it's a principal question for you I can release a special 'ibcoltscrew version' :D
Well, it's just a joke. I'm a pacifist myself and offer you peace :mischief:
I'll do as you want, though in case of it 'red' and 'Canada red' colours would be almost similar.

P.S.
Please, somebody's having a 1.0 ver please download the following file and unpack it to [Civ4 folder]\Mods\XX Century Mod\Assets\XML\art and then test a mod.

Attachments

• CIV4ArtDefines_Civilization.zip
    880 bytes · Views: 502
Ok sorry about that, Canada is not PINK, i meant PURPLE (i am french and didnt know the exact name of the color and thought it was pink, sorry my mistake)
It's my mistake, I meant:
Canada's flag isn't pink, Canada's colour is pink
I said so 'cause flag is red, really

Top Bottom