Great Wall

zeeter

Emperor
Can the Great Wall prevent an attack if it's been built after someone invades but before the actual battle starts?

No, but I think you can still avoid invasion if you build Great Wall while the other nation is voting on whether to invade you.

Oh bummer. Thanks.

Yet, you'll see defenders rushing to build it every time a battle is scheduled instead of saving those GP for something that might actually help them win. Such as boosting their production, gold, etc so they can field more troops.

On a semi-related question, can other civs vote to invade you while you have the Great Wall (only it can't happen should it pass)? That seems to be the case right now for my team (we have the Wall, yet someone else is voting to invade us). Or is that a vote to support another civ that we're currently in the process of voting on whether to invade?

They can put up the vote, but it gets cancelled mysteriously, with no warning message.

Like instantly, or should it gain enough votes to pass? It's been a few hours, and the other civ still has that vote ongoing, so I'm just unsure.

The game checks for the Great Wall when the vote is passed, and only then. If you are in a civ when a vote is passed to attack a defended civ, then you will see two lines: the guy who votes "yes", and the motion is passed. You will not see the third line that you would otherwise see, about your nation invading the target.

The civ voting on the invasion may be planning to build the GW and are waiting to place the tipping vote until they have the GW. That is, if they are organized enough to do this. So just because you have the GW now, don't assume that means you're invulnerable. You should still build up your troops, especially those with a high defense rating.

The civ voting on the invasion may be planning to build the GW and are waiting to place the tipping vote until they have the GW. That is, if they are organized enough to do this. So just because you have the GW now, don't assume that means you're invulnerable. You should still build up your troops, especially those with a high defense rating.

This is true, as I did manage to invade a civ that had the Great Wall in my last game.. We stole the wall just minutes before passing the vote to invade. It took me forever to coordinate it in my civ which didn't communicate very well, but it can certainly be done. They were totally unprepared and we crushed them.

Well, that's what I was worried about, but that proved to not be the case. I was just curious as to whether having it would disable the vote entirely or not.

What is the deal with the Great Wall? How many times can other civs make "better" GWs and void yours? I've seen it at least once, and I swear, twice. How many "upgrades" are there to the GW wonder? So, you make a 3-card GW wonder. Another civ makes a 4-card GW wonder and yours goes away. How many times can the GW wonder be "voided' by another civ?

All wonders can be rebuilt infinitely unless it is a wonder that goes obsolete. The max number of great people a wonder will ever need is 6. The great wall never goes obsolete.

Top Bottom