R.E.D. World War II development thread

Here is dawn of man and diplo for greece :)

Attachments

• dom_greece.jpg
    dom_greece.jpg
    137.7 KB · Views: 106
  • scene_greece.jpg
    scene_greece.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 102
the opening is nice but what is the photo up to the italian tank????i think it writes Treasury bills are sold to the bank.

and u have cutted the half of the best photos i ve found(the will to win)

except that, both photos are very nice

what do u mean about usable format?
I mean I'll be happy to add requested nations, but I'll just do the coding part because editing the files take times, and I don't have enough to do everything.

i dont think the french trait is a good idea because u will be out of historical events.yes the hellines had ressistance but it was mostly against each other for the after liberation goverment.the supporters of communism and stalin wanted hellas to join soviet union and the supporters of british and franch wanted hellas to stay with the liberal party or something like metaxas.so mainly they ignored the germans and fought each other.(they had some achievments but the main attention was on the civil war)(finnaly the communists lost but they made serius damage to hellas)

about the british trait idea i think that is better than the french but still no verry accurate cause the hellines fought in their country and kicked the italians but after a while the liberated hellenic land in albania and bassicaly they were defenting-attacking-marching-defenting...
Then does a bonus in hills for all units sound good ?

--------------EDIT i tried to lower the quility of the audio to upload it here but i press uploadand when i open my attachements there is nothing(it was 5.73)
here is the youtube video file http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rWiLq0PynSE
with the program i described at my previus post u cant only change the video to mp3 but u can lower some of its quaility to make it the correct size.
ok just try to upload the MP3 file on www.mediafire.com for example, as I've done for the data mod.

do the photoes i gave u are good or u want me to keep searching?
Seeing T_KCommanderbly's resulting DoM and Diplo screen, I say they are good and we don't need more :D

Here is dawn of man and diplo for greece :)
great :goodjob:

i think it is better to give 40 or 42 to infarty and give infarty the ability to destroy tanks or even give a very good fight this will give the game balance and historical accuracy.the extra power is the morae of the troops so a bonus of hills isnt very correct because the hellines did not fought well only on hills and the reason why they won wasnt the hills.also the italians had some troops trained to fight to hills.i dont think the reason 2 year trained troups won profecional troops only because of the hills.and the tank ability will represent the way that hellines destroyed hole armored divisions without any antiarmor equipment.if such traits would be given to countries like britain the game would be unbalanced but to a 5-6 city nation which 3 of them can be good i dont think it will be unbalanced and even if the hellines defeat italians it would represeant the reality but i dont think this traits will save hellas from germany with the blitzsomething.

i like the the photos too and i think they fit i just noticed that one of the photos as far as i know isnt from this age(i am not sure)
also the flag used is the today flag and i am almost sure that it is used after 1950.the flag in my first info post is the correct one.
asArticleRecords-996.greeceflag2.gif
what icon will u use for the hellenic troops?

T_KCommanderbly can u please give me a link to the tools u used for the photos because i want to try to make an icon for the hellenic troops and i am also working at my first mod(1st balkan war)and i think they could be useful

gedemon here it is the 41 mb intro http://www.mediafire.com/?8t1029c2el2w93n

and here the 5.83 mb intro http://www.mediafire.com/?sneow7nct9630h6

(both the same thing)
if u dont like the big song at the end i have another one smaller.this intro is the leader's speach after the war declaration. i have another one from the radio station but not from the leader.

the editing files is something that i can do?(i am totaly new in civ modding)
if there is something that i can do tell me.

yesterday i was searching for mods and look what i found http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=434721

hellenic units tanks ships and aircraft(some things can be added from red's other natiions like the heavy tanks that are missing and Dreadnought(Averof)).the only think u have to do is to twek them to fit with the unit power of red,and use them with ur red unit graphic modpak(and ask from the creator to use it)

the creator has some units for other nations too so u can take a look

---EDIT i just noticed that u have already cooperated with danrell to the unit part so bassicaly what should be done is to change the british troops for the hellines and change them to the danlerrs one because they are more close to reallity.

about the description i think u have everything needed but if u want me to make i can but dint except too much because its my first one and i dont go too good with writing

the Mp3 is very good, thanks. I can't remember if civ5 music is playing during loading, if so I'll prefer to have the version with speech only, else I'll use the complete one.

Only thing missing now is a leader icon and texts.

All danrell's units are already in the data mod (I had posted that link on the previous page), they "just" need to be activated. What heavy tanks were used/in project btw ?

For 2D art, you can use Gimp or Paint.net (I use the later)

i can give a no music version if u want it but i think the music will make only good

i have a photo for the leader but i couldnt make oit round,i will try to make this with the programs u listed(i will try the second one),here is the photo View attachment 303562

with the texts u mean description?if u mean this i can try to make one but i am not not very good to things like this.

what other photos u want me to make?
i will also try to make a inf icon if i find good material but u can also use anothers nation's icon or the default one.

about the tank the hellines had no tanks because in that time there werent hellenic tank factories so they were ordered from britain but when they where about to come the war came up and they were never delivered.i dont think is a good idea to erashe tanks for hellas but just make nio starting ones and give the britain heavy tank

how can i activate danler's hellenic infarty because as far as i have played hellines use the britain infarty

i fotgot to tell u about the hellenic diplomacy cituation.it was a very close ally to britain (even thought them and the allies betrayed us in ww1.hellas was also close to french.with russia we had the same stance as our allies(britain and franch).now woth germany we were somehow neutral to bad situation cause they helped our enemies(turkey).with italy we tried to have neutral situation(no defensive forts until the start of war,didnt talked about the ship they sinked) but they provoked us all the time(italian forces in albania,sinked the ship Elli...).turkey,surely anemies but not at war.bulgary,enemies war and at our borders with them we had our fort defensive line(which wasnt complete when ww2 came up).this line hold the better in quality and quantity germanian army the same time the other part of the army was fighting in north epirus).albania was enemy like italia and at war in ww2(some people say that albania was invated by italy this is TOTTALY wrong.the albanian VOLUNTEERS against hellas was 11 divisions and all albanian people helped the italians and when albanians where getting into a hellenic village they killed all the hellines so albania isnt a nation captured by axis it is a ally of them and the people found a chance to steal more hellenic land just like they did with north epirus.yugoslavia si surely an ally of hellas,when the war came up hellenic and yugoslavian leader had decided to fight together for mutual defense but yugoslavia's defense collapsed and the plan wasnt done but even alone we won.all the city state of africa which are allied with franch or britain should be friends to hellas(at least open borders)because when hellas was captured we continiued our fught there.

Bumping the thread to announce that I'm going to resume this mod development :D

I've been away from civ's modding quite abruptly, sorry about that, I really thought it was a kind of a few weeks vacation but it ended in a few months (I won't put all the blame on Skyrim, but well, that one really hasn't helped to came back faster !)

I'll start by finding back my way in my code, and if I'm not drown in it, new update will follow.

Then I'll see if I can resume work on my other mods, but no promises here, this one get the priority...

Bumping the thread to announce that I'm going to resume this mod development :D

I've been away from civ's modding quite abruptly, sorry about that, I really thought it was a kind of a few weeks vacation but it ended in a few months (I won't put all the blame on Skyrim, but well, that one really hasn't helped to came back faster !)

I'll start by finding back my way in my code, and if I'm not drown in it, new update will follow.

Then I'll see if I can resume work on my other mods, but no promises here, this one get the priority...

Best news all week! Will you be working on the regular R.E.D. Mod too? Because I've been anxiously waiting for the updates to it for the newest DLC (and I've been wanting to use it badly with your YnAEMP mods/map).

- PR-0927

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=449070
Best news all week! Will you be working on the regular R.E.D. Mod too? Because I've been anxiously waiting for the updates to it for the newest DLC (and I've been wanting to use it badly with your YnAEMP mods/map).

- PR-0927

u can try the ethnic diversity mod from nutty which is basicaly an unofial update with the dlc units and many more
here is the link http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=449070

also GEDEMON in ur next update will u include greece?i think only coding part left.whatever u need ask me

- PR-0927

I would suggest Nutty's Mod too, I'll try to help him if needed, but I'm going to focus on the WWII mod first.

also GEDEMON in ur next update will u include greece?i think only coding part left.whatever u need ask me
I may need to recode all the diplomatic part of the mod, to make it easier for new civilization integration first.

I also still need texts and leader icons (for the later I can use the flag icon as a placeholder)

Here's the France part of the actual TextsCivilizations.xml file has an example of the texts needed, I used wikipedia as a base :

Spoiler :
Code:
		<!-- FRANCE -->
		<Row Tag="TXT_KEY_RED_EURO1940_FRANCE_BRIEFING">
			<Text>
				General, France has been the center of the world of culture and arts for centuries, we are one of the few countries to be a standing Democracy and our military stands as the most modernized in the world. After the Great War ("La Der des Ders" as we thougth then) our nation had to rebuild herself, but just after we were plunged into the world depression and now things get worse as acts of agression increase in Europe and the Pacific. Now the world looks to our power to counter the rise of facism and the ideals of militarism.[NEWLINE][NEWLINE]As peace is more and more uncertain, the people of France have chosen you to be their leader in these hard times. Can you General lead France to repel the Facist agression, can you make this war to come to truly be "the Last of the Last" ?[NEWLINE][NEWLINE][NEWLINE][NEWLINE][ICON_BULLET][COLOR_UNIT_TEXT]Army:[/COLOR]                      [ICON_CAPITAL][ICON_CAPITAL][ICON_CAPITAL][NEWLINE][NEWLINE][ICON_BULLET][COLOR_CITY_BLUE]Navy:[/COLOR]                      [ICON_CAPITAL][ICON_CAPITAL][ICON_CAPITAL][ICON_CAPITAL][NEWLINE][NEWLINE][ICON_BULLET][COLOR_RESEARCH_RATE]Air Force:[/COLOR]                [ICON_CAPITAL][ICON_CAPITAL][ICON_CAPITAL][NEWLINE][NEWLINE][ICON_BULLET][COLOR_YIELD_GOLD]Economy:[/COLOR]                 [ICON_CAPITAL][ICON_CAPITAL][ICON_CAPITAL][ICON_CAPITAL][NEWLINE][NEWLINE][ICON_BULLET][COLOR_YIELD_PRODUCTION]Production:[/COLOR]              [ICON_CAPITAL][ICON_CAPITAL][ICON_CAPITAL][NEWLINE][NEWLINE][ICON_BULLET][COLOR_CULTURE_RATE]Diplomatic Situation:[/COLOR] [ICON_CAPITAL][ICON_CAPITAL][ICON_CAPITAL][ICON_CAPITAL][ICON_CAPITAL]
			</Text>
		</Row>
		<Row Tag="TXT_KEY_WW2_SCENARIO_CIV_FRANCE_HEADING_1">
			<Text>Invasion</Text>
		</Row>
		<Row Tag="TXT_KEY_WW2_SCENARIO_CIV_FRANCE_TEXT_1">
			<Text>
				The Invasion of Poland caused France and Britain to declare war against Germany. But the Allies did not launch massive assaults and kept a defensive stance: this was called the Phoney War in Britain or Drôle de guerre—the funny sort of war—in France. It did not prevent the German army from conquering Poland in a matter of weeks with its innovative Blitzkrieg tactics and helped by the Soviet Union's attack on Poland. When Germany had its hands free for an attack in the west, the Battle of France began in May 1940, and the same tactics proved just as devastating there. The Wehrmacht bypassed the Maginot Line by marching through the Ardennes forest. A second German force was sent into Belgium and the Netherlands to act as a diversion to this main thrust. In six weeks of savage fighting the French lost 90,000 men. Many civilians sought refuge by taking to the roads of France: some two million refugees from Belgium and Holland were joined by between eight and ten million French civilians, representing a quarter of the French population, all heading south and west. This movement may well have been the largest single movement of civilians in history prior to 1947.[NEWLINE][NEWLINE]
			</Text>
		</Row>
		<Row Tag="TXT_KEY_WW2_SCENARIO_CIV_FRANCE_HEADING_2">
			<Text>Occupation</Text>
		</Row>
		<Row Tag="TXT_KEY_WW2_SCENARIO_CIV_FRANCE_TEXT_2">
			<Text>
				French leaders surrendered to Nazi Germany on 24 June 1940, after the British Expeditionary Force was evacuated from Dunkirk. Nazi Germany occupied three fifths of France's territory, leaving the rest in the southeast to the new Vichy government. This regime sought to collaborate with Germany. It was established on 10 July 1940. The Vichy Regime was led by Philippe Pétain, the aging war hero of First World war. It was originally intended to be a temporary, care-taker regime, to supervise French administration before the soon-expected defeat of Britain. Instead, it lasted four years. It was unique among the various collaborating regimes of wartime Europe in that it was established constitutionally, through the French parliament. However, Charles de Gaulle declared himself on Radio Londres the head of a rival government in exile, gathering the Free French Forces around him, finding support in some French colonies and recognition from Britain and the USA.[NEWLINE][NEWLINE]
				The Vichy regime adopted violent, repressive anti-semitic policies on its own initiative, without direction from Nazi Germany. During the German occupation 76,000 Jews would be deported, often with the help of the Vichy French authorities, and murdered in the Nazis' extermination camps. After the Attack on Mers-el-Kébir in 1940, where the British fleet destroyed a large part of the French navy, still under command of Vichy France, that killed about 1,100 sailors, there was nationwide indignation and a feeling of distrust in the French forces, leading to the events of the Battle of Dakar. Eventually, several important French ships such as the Richelieu and the Surcouf joined the Free French Forces. On the Eastern Front the USSR was lacking pilots and several French pilots joined the Soviet Union and fought the Luftwaffe in the Normandie-Niemen squadron. Within France proper, very few people organized themselves against the German Occupation in the summer of 1940. However, their numbers grew as the Vichy regime resorted to more strident policies in order to fulfill the enormous demands of the Nazis and the eventual decline of Nazi Germany became more obvious. Isolated opposers eventually formed a real movement: the Resistance. There were also Frenchmen who joined the SS, they were known as the Charlemagne Division; knowing they would not survive should Germany be defeated, they were among the last ones to surrender at Berlin.[NEWLINE][NEWLINE]
				In November 1942 Vichy France was finally occupied by German forces, because the war in North Africa was coming to an end; the Germans foresaw a threat in southern Europe by the allied forces.[NEWLINE][NEWLINE]
			</Text>
		</Row>
		<Row Tag="TXT_KEY_WW2_SCENARIO_CIV_FRANCE_HEADING_3">
			<Text>Liberation</Text>
		</Row>
		<Row Tag="TXT_KEY_WW2_SCENARIO_CIV_FRANCE_TEXT_3">
			<Text>
				On 6 June 1944 the Allies landed in Normandy while on 15 August they landed in Provence (including the 260,000 men of the French army B). General Leclerc freed Paris and Strasbourg and later, along with the battleship Richelieu, represented France at Tokyo during the Japanese surrender.
			</Text>
		</Row>

<!-- DE GAULLE -->
		<Row Tag="TXT_KEY_CIVILOPEDIA_LEADERS_DE_GAULLE_HEADING_1">
			<Text>History</Text>
		</Row>
		<Row Tag="TXT_KEY_CIVILOPEDIA_LEADERS_DE_GAULLE_TEXT_1">
			<Text>
				A veteran of World War I, in the 1920s and 1930s de Gaulle came to the fore as a proponent of mobile armoured divisions, which he considered would become central in modern warfare. During World War II, he reached the temporary rank of Brigadier General, leading one of the few successful armoured counter-attacks during the 1940 Battle of France, and then briefly served in the French government as France was falling.[NEWLINE][NEWLINE]
				He escaped to Britain and gave a famous radio address, broadcast by the BBC on 18 June 1940, exhorting the French people to resist Nazi Germany and organised the Free French Forces with exiled French officers in Britain.[NEWLINE][NEWLINE]
				He gradually obtained control of all French colonies except Indochina—most of which had at first been controlled by the pro-German Vichy regime—and by the time of the liberation of France in 1944 he was heading a government in exile, insisting that France be treated as an independent great power by the other Allies. De Gaulle became prime minister in the French Provisional Government, resigning in 1946 due to political conflicts.('from Wikipedia')
			</Text>
		</Row>
		<Row Tag="TXT_KEY_CIVILOPEDIA_LEADERS_DE_GAULLE_LIVED">
			<Text>1890 - 1970 AD</Text>
		</Row>
		<Row Tag="TXT_KEY_CIVILOPEDIA_LEADERS_DE_GAULLE_NAME">
			<Text>Charles De Gaulle</Text>
		</Row>
		<Row Tag="TXT_KEY_CIVILOPEDIA_LEADERS_DE_GAULLE_SUBTITLE">
			<Text>Chef des Forces Françaises</Text>
		</Row>
		<Row Tag="TXT_KEY_LEADER_DE_GAULLE">
			<Text>Charles De Gaulle</Text>
		</Row>

The briefing should be a quick presentation of the nation just before the beginning war, the TXT_KEY_WW2_SCENARIO_CIV_XXXX entries containing the actual History of the nation through the war.

Welcome Back :)

Hope you can fix the Austrian event.
I hope too :D

If you've made some changes to both of your maps/mod, send me all your actual R.E.D. WWII Edition folder in MP, I'll start by merging it to my current version before changing anything else.

i will make a try for the texts.please tell me what u prefer.greece or hellas.i personaly prefer hellas because is the real name and not a "nickname" as greece is ,but ur mod ur choise :)

HELLAS BRIEFING

President Metaxas ,Hellas lives dark days ,we are the creators of the west civilization and now after more than 10,000 years of existance our independance is again under threat by the great powers.We have just got out from the destructive ww1 ,were even if we were victorius it left deep wounds in every aspect of our nation ,our army equipment is old and not a threat to our powerful neighbors who wait to take our freedom away from us ,but the Hellines never learnd the word surrender, our defenders won't be our guns but the well know courage and honor of the Hellenic armies who succed in defending our nation for all these years.Metaxas ,the sons of the Spartans and Alexander the Great are waiting you to lead them to another Marathon or perhaps to another Thermopylae ,because for the Hellines a honorable death is more importand than living. Our armies march to the front ready to defend our country to the last man and to spread the fear to the enemy camps.We are the Hellines ,never surrender ,never retreat. FIGHT FOR FREEDOM OR DEATH!!!!

TEXT 1 and 2(split it were u want)

Hellas when the ww2 came up she prefered a neutral stance ignoring the agresive of actions of italy agaisnt her ,like shinking a
Hellenic ship in Agean and gathering army at albania, when at the night of 28th of octomber 1940 an Italian diplomat came to the
house of the Hellenic president Metaxas with the demand that Hellas will allow Italinian troops pass through Hellenic land and to
give to Italy key positions in Hellas.Metaxas not to surrender to the axis demands and fight fot the Hellenic independence and his
anwser to the Italian was "So, we have war".Italia assaulted Hellas from the north west ,Epirus, with 7,000,000 troops ,tanks
,airforce and all of them supported by their navy.The Hellines had availiable only 800,000 troops with a very small number of tanks
and planes and an old navy.When the attack began Hellines had orders to retreat south but while the retreat was taking place a
Hellenic division in view of the Italians who were marching in their land stood it's ground and stoped the enemy alone
.When the commander saw the Hellenic brave victory ordered a full scale attack and manage to liberate not only the lost land but
also the north Epirus which was under the control of Italy's allie Albania, while the Hellenic navy defeated the Italian one at the Adriatic sea.It is wortwhile to mention that when the Italians made their
largest effort to take stop Hellenic progrees they had 14 infarty divisions and 2 tank divisions defeated by just 5 divisions of
Hellenic infarty ,who defeated the tanks with blankets at their wheels!!!!After almost a year of hummiliating the Italian army ,the
Germans(the half barbaross invasion army!!!) and Bulgarians came to aid them by attacking at the whole Hellenic north front ,so
the Hellenic army had to split in two parts.It is remarkable that even in that situation the Hellines holded their ground for half a year
when finnaly Germans found a way around Hellenic lines and captured Athens but many troops at the front kept fighting to the last man and the offiers of the Hellenic army went to Crete and with the aid of the Cretan civilians(who fought with knives) annihilated the whole German elite airborne.Even when they Crete was lost the officers went to the north Africa were they fought next to the british.Hellas was finnaly liberated at the 12th Octomber of 1944 and as Wiston Churchil said "From now on we wont say that Hellines fight like heroes ,but that heroes fight like Hellines"

Ioannis Metaxas(Hellenic President)

Born in 1871 in Ithaki, Ioannis Metaxas was a high army officer who in 1936 was appointed presindent by the king and later on took total power but the Hellenic people never complained about that because he was a very great leader and had succed saving the Hellas from an economic destruction and achieved in equiping 800,000 troops instead of the 200,000 Hellas could arm before him.He is described as a fascist by many but he never took extreme measures like other fascistic leaders did and his diplomat stance was not agreesive at all.Also he achived to united the divided Hellenic people and led them to great victories against the axis.For all these reasons he is characterised as the greater ethnarch of Hellas in the 20th century.

about the script . Hellas should go at war at 28th octomber of 1940,be friend with the allies(especialy england) and yugoslavia ,hostile to italy,albania ,bulgaria(axis member) and turkey(not at war)

i think that the hellenic trait should be
a combat modifier
or
more powerful infarty (around 38-40)with a modifier against tanks

they should start with about 4 infarty ,1 medium tank,2 fighters,3 destroyers,1 battleship,1 submarine

there should be 3 factories near athens,2-3 near thessaloniki, and 1-2 near Patras

athens should have around 15 pop.thessaloniki 9.

Hellas=Greece (country name)
Helenic=Greek(things like divisions)
Hellines=Greeks(the people)
Merarchia=Division
Aeroporia=Airforce
Piroboliko=Artilerry
Naftiko=navy

here is the icon for the leader of hellas Ioannis Metaxas

metaxas - icon.jpg
anything else needed?

Thanx, just a bit of conversion and I may edit some part of the texts but I now have everything needed :goodjob:

I'll use Greece in title and some part of the text as it's the name used internationally, but will use hellas on the briefing and as much as possible in the other texts (and hellenic for the adjective and army names).

about the auto-naming, how should I translate the following :

1st Infantry Division = ?
2nd Armored Division = ?
3rd Fighter Squadron = ?
4th Bomber Squadron = ?
5th Artillery Regiment = ?

Top Bottom