Basic Unit Question

tgreg99

Chieftain
I have another newbie Mod question. If I am editing a mod that already has a bunch of units in it, how would I add a new unit. For example, say I want to make French Warriors stronger than say Russian Warriors. Can I do that realitivily easily or would i need to create a separate folder for each variation of the Warrior unit? Any help would be appreciated....thanks!

It all depends on how CUSTOM you wanna go.

If you want to just change the stats (as I assume from your post), you probably just need to copy the Warrior unit (using the fabulous copy tools found on this site!) and edit the stats. Rename the unit accordingly (In your example, let's say 'French Warrior') and make it only available to the French civ.

If you wanna get even more in-depth, you can alter the existing civilopedia entry for Warrior to include the differences in strength.

HTH,
Kayelbe
Fellow Newbie-Modder

Thanks for both of your help. K, that is exactly what I am looking for, just simple stat changes for a couple of the units (since I am not to the point of being able to create new units yet). Where can I find that copy tool?

Civ3 Multi-tools by Gramphos which includes a copy tool can be found in the Utility subforum.

Top Bottom