The Ancient Mediterranean Info

I thought there were supposed to be a Europe/Mediterranean map following this mod, but it did not come with the download. Could someone please upload the real map?

Here is a RAR file of the all the TAM maps last released

Attachments

• PublicMaps.rar
    63.1 KB · Views: 241
Question i noticed that TAM has a chanced Civic screen could i please have the data needed for it as i also like to mod and Vanilla Civic's and civic screen isn't how i like it and as i like to cover a big list of Civic's and more types i would like to use your's if you don't object

Greetings Voron
Already thank's for reading this i hope to get your Cooperation but if you are against it i won't object

PS i also played your mod and i really liked it Tough the end game is a bit rock paper scissors

Question i noticed that TAM has a chanced Civic screen could i please have the data needed for it as i also like to mod and Vanilla Civic's and civic screen isn't how i like it and as i like to cover a big list of Civic's and more types i would like to use your's if you don't object

Greetings Voron
Already thank's for reading this i hope to get your Cooperation but if you are against it i won't object

PS i also played your mod and i really liked it Tough the end game is a bit rock paper scissors

The modder responsible modifying the civic screen is currently busy with other projects, and probably will not be able to respond to your request. I would recommend looking for modding guides on the Civfanatics Forums to get you started. Good Luck.

Thanks for responding even if it is with a negative answer also thanks for your help

I will then look if i can find another mod with an altered Civic screen

I am, should I say, "seasoned" CIV player (since CIV 2), but not so regular on this site.

I have discovered TAM mod this morning, installed and played it, and found time to thank modders for it.

Thanks!

I am, should I say, "seasoned" CIV player (since CIV 2), but not so regular on this site.

I have discovered TAM mod this morning, installed and played it, and found time to thank modders for it.

Thanks!

Thanks for taking the time to let us know. Glad you are enjoying it. It was my first Mod to play something like 4 or 5 years ago..... ;)

Excellent Mod.

Just wanted to check as this thread is a few months old that I have all the latest downloads:

TAM BTS v. 091 and the patch 7z

I've installed them both and they seem to run fine so pretty sure I'm ok.

Have also linked the Mod to my own map of the ancient Mediterranean area . It's one I've been working on for ages but wanted some a more realistic range of resources (and a more realistic Mod format).

Appear to now have the best of both worlds so thanks for that :)

Edit: Cool animated leader heads!! Gets better and better :D

Is there a pdf. manual or has the Civilopedia been amended to take into account the actual Mod and game format? I get lost on this forum - so much to see!! :)

Thanks

Excellent Mod.

Just wanted to check as this thread is a few months old that I have all the latest downloads:

TAM BTS v. 091 and the patch 7z

I've installed them both and they seem to run fine so pretty sure I'm ok.

Have also linked the Mod to my own map of the ancient Mediterranean area . It's one I've been working on for ages but wanted some a more realistic range of resources (and a more realistic Mod format).

Appear to now have the best of both worlds so thanks for that :)

Edit: Cool animated leader heads!! Gets better and better :D

Is there a pdf. manual or has the Civilopedia been amended to take into account the actual Mod and game format? I get lost on this forum - so much to see!! :)

Thanks

The ingame pedia is pretty much it. I am not sure when the last time it had a major update. We havent worked a version in over a year now. It should be fairly accurate though, and the ole trial and error is probably your best method at this point. If you find any major bugs, please report them. Ambrox and I are still around in the shadows.
You shouldnt find anything major though, minor xml fixes I can probably do. Thanks!!

There are a few changes I would like to make but am new to all this modding really.

1. Change Julius Caesar to Gaius Marius (keeping all Julius' attributes etc. but changing the description) and use the Augustus Caesar Animated Leader Head from BTS.

2. Change the hero 'Scipio' to Lucius Cornelius Sulla :crazyeye:

3. Introduce a couple of new civilisations e.g. Numidia and Mauretania with new leaders e.g. Jugurtha and Bocchus. I don't want to use any new attributes necessarily, I can use those from other leaders/civilisations and can incorporate Leader Heads from BTS.

4. I've also noticed a few descriptions missing that I'd rather like to include myself. Just wondering where things like Civilopedia entries are made.

Could do with a Tutorial I suppose! Is there a thread still that talks about the Game features and Strategy at all?

Apologies if the requests are a tad bothersome :)

Appreciate the help.

Progress. I've completed my hope at 1 & 2 above. It didn't seem to like having a choice of either Caesar or Marius for Rome - so I removed Caesar in the end but it hasn't affected game-play :)

Will add/replace a couple of the existing civilsations later and am now capable of adding descriptions to civilopedia etc. where they were missing.

A couple of things I have noticed in the civilopedia:

1. The Arena: The cost is shown as 240, commerce +2 and Happy +1 and yet in the strategy description box it says: increases culture +3 and can increase happiness depending on culture level'.

2. Circus Maximus: The cost shown as 1350, commerce +4 and culture +1 and yet in the strategy description box it says: +4 food and +1 culture

I haven't yet been able to check in-game to see what enhancements are actually applied (haven't gotten that far).

If it's just a case of updating the civilopedia description to match then I can do that, but I didn't want/am unable to mess with the XML at this point.

Any chance you might be able to advise? Thanks

Don't suppose anyone could enlighten me as to where I might find the opening screen graphic?

I have a background of what appears to be a static fight outside of Troy, and I'd like to replace it if I can with something else - perhaps one of the backgrounds that has been used before on a previous version of TAM or even BTS or Warlords.

Just can't seem to find where they are... :confused:

Re Arena and Circus Maximus I figure I would look to attach culture, commerce and possibly happiness.

I know there used to be 'free food' given away as bribes to the populace but that would have been a cost to the city and not an income.

And the arena and Circus Maximus are quintessential of the period - so culture is in my opinion the largest gain I would have thought :)

Firestorm,

thanks for all the enthusiastic work.... I will PM ambrox and see if he is in the neighborhood and get him to look at your work. once he approves it for testing, he will incorporate it into our current build and i will test it and look for bugs.

Top Bottom