increasing fun?

GeneralZed

look around...
Civ 3 is getting quite boring over here, is there anyone who could tell me what I could do to like this game again? :confused:

The problem is that its getting too difficult in higher levels and just can't get better than the AI! :mad: And if the difficulty level is lower, then its gets too easy and thats even more boring than seeing your civ getting overrunned by another AI...

Actually I found this too -
So had a break and then found this forum which has revamped the game for me in 2 ways.

>DL'ing some of the fine mods or scenarios available on this forum - changes the feel and stratergy of the game.
>Play PBEM, I am finding this to be most enjoyable as human game play is much more challenging than AI. You can also hear oponents screaming in frustration when you out guess their moves or do something brilliantly unexpected.

Regards :goodjob:

Try one of these variants. Most popular are Always War (AW) and One City Challenge (OCC). This is good if you want to stick with the main rules of the game.

Or, alternatively, like fe3333au said, try a mod. Unlike variants, these will change the rules, so be prepared. 2 of the most popular mods are: Rise and Rule (my recommendation) and Rhye's of Civilization (meant to be played on a world map).

Multiplayer could be interesting, but it is far different from single player. Give it a shot if you'd like.

First off, maybe take a break from the game. I've taken two 4 month breaks since Civ 3 was first released. Maybe you just need to get away. After a couple months away I'm ready to play again.

Second, get a mod as suggested. Something like Rise and Rule will *really* open your eyes and puts in a whole new fun into the game. Honestly, I'm been playing with RaR now for a couple months and I'm not sure how I ever played without it!

download scenarios, play on multiplayer, play some other games for a few months and play civ 3 on and off

mods and multiplayer.

or you could wait for civ4. ;)

Top Bottom