Removing buildings - how to?

Lohengrin

Chieftain
I am planning on building the Three Gorges Dam once I get Plastics and in preparation I have been increasing the productivity of the target city by building a coal plant. However, I am concerned about the hit on health from the coal plant. Once I have built the Dam and the coal plant is no longer needed, does it still have an unhealthiness effect? If it does, can I get rid of it?

If city has access to better buildings or effects it will use them.
So, when you get TGD your coal plans will stop working and there -health effect will dissapear.

You never want to remove building in Civ 4.
On other hand, if you loose TGD, coal plans will still be there in kick in stright away.

Actually, there is a mod around which I think was called the 'Building Demolisher Mod' which allowed you to do this. You could scrap a building and get a small cash reimbursement. Hope this helps.

Aussie_Lurker.

If you have a coal plant and then get hydro (or the 3 Gorges Dam), then you will see that the city (or cities) no longer have the unhealthiness due to the coal plant. So there is no need to remove the coal plant.

>You never want to remove building in Civ 4.

Incorrect. When playing a custom extended game that lasts long you would really like to get rid of all the nuclear plants that haven't yet exploded (I've lost around 10 plants to explosion so far...) and taken most of the other buildings (including several national wonders) with them.

D

>You never want to remove building in Civ 4.

Incorrect. When playing a custom extended game that lasts long you would really like to get rid of all the nuclear plants that haven't yet exploded (I've lost around 10 plants to explosion so far...) and taken most of the other buildings (including several national wonders) with them.

D

Does a Nuclear Plant cause a Hydro Plant to stop working, or is it the other way around? And if you get TGD, does that make Nuclear Plants stop working?

Just build a recycling center.;)

Actually, while a recycling center does get rid of the pollution that comes -directly- from buildings, it does not get rid of the unhealthiness that comes from item bonus (mainly oil and coal).

Does a Nuclear Plant cause a Hydro Plant to stop working, or is it the other way around? And if you get TGD, does that make Nuclear Plants stop working?

Yes, this is a GREAT question, does anyone know the answer??? :eek:

just fyi rg the conversation... in old versions of civ, I remember destroying buildings for gold when I expected to lose a city. I think there was a 1 building per turn cap for demolishing. Then again, disbanding cities into 2 settlers was a nice option too... helped provide me with workers to work the land AND helkped my conscience to think I didn't genocide a whole city, I just turned them into workers. :lol:

That would be a bit too unbalanced, I think. You'd never get anything of worth from invading. Isn't war-mongering hard enough as it is?

I pretty much don't anyway. I'm invading cities in the 20th century that I need to start from scratch on.

That is not true I built a nuclear plant while building a coal plant first I still got the 2 hit health negitivity from power. A demolish mod for civ4bts is very necessary like in previos civs and an abandon city mod also would be a good thing for cities you conquer that are to close together and you want to reposition conquered cities. I would like to know the link to demolish buildings mod. I built a coal plant in 1 city to speed up my appolo program. I increased my nuke plant random modifier to a good high number so I never have nuke meltdowns, while heeping somewhat of a realistic perseption of real world nuke plants. So a demolish buildings mod is very necessary and I would like to be pointed in that direction.

krazybastid said:
That is not true I built a nuclear plant while building a coal plant first I still got the 2 hit health negitivity from power
All power sources give 2:yuck: from power, using a coal plant makes this 4:yuck:. So yes, the nuke plant did remove the coal plants extra :yuck: in your game.

Also this thread is from 2008 :eek:

Necro'd, re-killed, and necro'd again.

Top Bottom