R.E.D. WWII: Concepts & Suggestions

Tried your mod yesterday and I like what I'm seeing. The only problem I've encountered as of now, is a huge one: whenever I try to conquer Paris, the game crashes. I mean, when I've reduced its health enough to conquer it with the next attack, the attack animation is played regularly, but immediately after the unit moves into the city, the game crashes to desktop.

Tried your mod yesterday and I like what I'm seeing. The only problem I've encountered as of now, is a huge one: whenever I try to conquer Paris, the game crashes. I mean, when I've reduced its health enough to conquer it with the next attack, the attack animation is played regularly, but immediately after the unit moves into the city, the game crashes to desktop.

Do you have the same problem with Warsaw ?

No, but it did lag a bit when I counquered it. I did have two of Poland's cities before conquering Warsaw and 3 of France's before conquering Paris.

do you have a savegame from just before conquering Paris so I can test it ?

I need to check it, I'll edit this post ASAP.

EDIT: No, I don't have right before the conquest. The most recent save is from the time I was moving my troops to the Western Front after conquering Poland. I'll play to the time of conquest of Paris and save the game before making the critical attack.

Crash to desktop again when trying to conquer Paris. This time I saved before trying it. Attack with the infantry when you test it.

Attachments

• Adolf Hitler - Turn 15 - December 1, 1939.Civ5Save
    1.8 MB · Views: 56
Removing the rivers around copenhagen might make it easier for AI germany...

The biggest issue for me is the fact that the AI will use its fighters to bomb me instead of intercepting my bombers, so my army is basically just a few tanks and 20+ bombers... bomb units and cities, making sure the tank only need to hit the city once (-33% penalty is no biggie when you just need to hit the city with a single hit).

Also as someone has reported, fighters don't seem to earn XP on intercept missions, despite intercepting twice every turn... minor bug though.

AFAIK Denmark didn´t have any air force to speak of anyway. Nor did Holland. Or Belgium. Or Norway. Poland had a few, though they got blasted mostly on airfields during the original assault.

BTW, I downloaded the latest version, and all I get is a lot of DLS fail to load messages. So the mod won´t load. any suggestion´d be appreciated. ;)

I used the 1-zip option ´for peeps who have trouble w-the double download and install´. I checked the mod content after install, but on 1st look it seemed OK. And I have no other mods running when trying to start.

Gedemon, Can you explain your reasons behind battleship shooting 1 space away vs 2 in Vr9.

Also I started a game with Russian in Vr9. At turn 39 it crashes. Not sure why. I attached saved game right before the crash. I should mention that I did attack Finland on my own before scheduled war. Thats the only think I can think of, but the game played fine for many turns after words until turn 39. Hopefully u can figure out why it crashed. And thank you again for constant updates. Waiting for Vr 10 to come out to start a new game. :cool:

Attachments

• Joseph Stalin - Turn 39 - August 1, 1940.Civ5Save
    1.9 MB · Views: 51
I used the 1-zip option ´for peeps who have trouble w-the double download and install´. I checked the mod content after install, but on 1st look it seemed OK. And I have no other mods running when trying to start.

Try downloading both the data files and the regular file. Then extract it using 7zip or winrar. And enable both when selecting mods.

By the way you describe your error I'm guessing it can't find the art files which are located in the "data file" download.

You've got the error message on the setup screen or when the new game is loading ?

Gedemon, Can you explain your reasons behind battleship shooting 1 space away vs 2 in Vr9.

Also I started a game with Russian in Vr9. At turn 39 it crashes. Not sure why. I attached saved game right before the crash. I should mention that I did attack Finland on my own before scheduled war. Thats the only think I can think of, but the game played fine for many turns after words until turn 39. Hopefully u can figure out why it crashed. And thank you again for constant updates. Waiting for Vr 10 to come out to start a new game. :cool:
Thanks I'll try both savegame posted lately and will report, just need to finish a quick test game with T_KCommanderbly scenario first.

about battleship, as said on the development thread, it's mainly to help AI (combined with naval counter-attacks) and to prevent Battleships to be able to bombard inland.

Crash to desktop again when trying to conquer Paris. This time I saved before trying it. Attack with the infantry when you test it.

Hopefully u can figure out why it crashed. And thank you again for constant updates. Waiting for Vr 10 to come out to start a new game. :cool:

Thank you for the saves, it seems that both your problems are linked to the fall of France event (Germany capture it during IA turn with the second save.)

My problem is that both saves does not crash on my PC, I was able to take Paris and goes next turn in the first, and also goes next turn after Paris capture in the second.

So I need help from other players to test the saves and report if it crashes the game or not for them.

I hope it's not a hardware issue (there is indeed a lag when the event fire)

I hope it's not a hardware issue (there is indeed a lag when the event fire)

No hardware issues for me. I have 3.07 GHz, Radeon HD 5800 Graphic card w/ 12gigs of Ram. I run Shogun 2 with full graphic on with no issue.

You've got the error message on the setup screen or when the new game is loading ?

Actually both, because I tried to load a new game anyway. (Lots of files aren´t loading, and I could only select Germany to start with, with no leader pic appearing.)

Miracle!! I saw an italian plane intercepting one of my bombers! :worship: :lol:

I have some questions (maybe stupid) about the mod :
1- promotions to heal units faster, or during movements,etc , are they useful with the new system of reinforcement?
2- What do we have to do to win a game? Do we have to conquer all the enemy cities (and the enemy CS too)?

Actually both, because I tried to load a new game anyway. (Lots of files aren´t loading, and I could only select Germany to start with, with no leader pic appearing.)

maybe the data mod is not correctly extracted, you should have R.E.D. WWII Data Files (v 1) folder containing 1777 files for ~182MB and R.E.D. WWII Edition (v 9) folder with 89 files for ~13.8MB

Miracle!! I saw an italian plane intercepting one of my bombers! :worship: :lol:

I have some questions (maybe stupid) about the mod :
1- promotions to heal units faster, or during movements,etc , are they useful with the new system of reinforcement?
2- What do we have to do to win a game? Do we have to conquer all the enemy cities (and the enemy CS too)?

1- They've changed name, and they are very useful to reduce your reinforcements need. Note that unit heal every turn even if they had performed an action the previous one, as long as they have a supply line and there are reinforcements available. Embarked unit don't heal, and ship must be in city to heal.

2- Capture all enemy capitals. Just realized a bug in current version, I need to set a custom victory for Allis, because since v.9 USSR don't become permanently allied with France/UK and the victory condition can't be completed... I'll fix that in v.10 or v.11

2- Capture all enemy capitals. Just realized a bug in current version, I need to set a custom victory for Allis, because since v.9 USSR don't become permanently allied with France/UK and the victory condition can't be completed... I'll fix that in v.10 or v.11

Ok, thank you :). So I understand now why I don't win despite the fact that I control Rome and Berlin :crazyeye:
I confirm that I have a bug because after 83 turns I still don't have permanent alliance with UK (and play with France)
And I saw that Hungary was at war against axis, but normally they are together, no?

Top Bottom