Gods and Kings Soundtrack

Could you add music with this method. And while we're speaking on this topic, does anyone know if there's a way to include the civ's themes into the game's background music?

I am not sure about adding new music, because I have only been replacing them with modding, but I don't believe it can't be done.

Well, lets look at the sound defines... it seems that new music needs to be defined separately to every single civilization's Audio2DScripts.xml in assets/Sounds/XML with a new Script2DSound row like adding this for Germany:

Spoiler :
<Script2DSound>
<ScriptID>SONG_GERMANY_PEACE_1</ScriptID>
<SoundID>SND_EUROPE_PEACE_1</SoundID>
<SoundType>GAME_MUSIC</SoundType>
<iMinVolume>40</iMinVolume>
<iMaxVolume>40</iMaxVolume>
<bIsMusic>True</bIsMusic>
<iPriority>1</iPriority>
</Script2DSound>

I don't know where else the new ScriptID is defined, but the SoundID, like SND_EUROPE_PEACE is defined in i.e. Europe(or some other continent type)AudioDefines.xml (where you could possibly define new sounds also with a new row like this, just add in your custom SoundID end Filename ).

Spoiler :
<SoundData>
<SoundID>SND_EUROPE_PEACE_1</SoundID>
<Filename>AmaryllisSuite</Filename>
<LoadType>STREAMED</LoadType>
</SoundData>

In the Filename you just add your new audio file's name without the filetype ending (it can be MP3 also).

I don't know if this is modular but it should be able to replace with VFS. Whether it is possible to add a completely new audio file depends on whether the ScriptID in the first spoiler tag needs to be defined somewhere else. I don't have tested this method myself yet, but I thought this could be helpful.

This is what the Japan war theme should be . Not that boring war theme . Nice choice BTW :goodjob:

I thought about going with the Millennium or Heisei series version, but for some reason, the older versions always sound so much... shrill-er. Like they are in the room, not just out of a set of speakers. Same with the Ocarina versions of LoZ music.

Not sure if I already mentioned this, but one of Ifukube's other works is one of the ambient asian themes that plays during normal play: Nocturne.

Link to video.

Hey guys. First of all, the soundtrack is amazing. I bought Civ 5 and expansion almost exclusively because of hearing the songs here on forums.

I was wondering. Could I extract a soundtrack of City state Alamaty? I don't think it has the same sound as it did in vanilla Civ5, or maybe it does but this time, I really enjoyed the short song and was wondering if I could listen to it just like that without going to the game or if I could at least see the name of song.

Anybody know how this could be done?

I always wanted to ask that!
Anybody who knows how to get the music files of city states?

I don't know where the vanilla ones are hidden, but you can find the new city state sound files in C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\sid meier's civilization v\Assets\DLC\Expansion\Sounds\Minor Civs

I'm afraid there are no names besides MinorCiv_[name], so we need to do some detective work to find out what they're based on.

There are a couple of updated sounds in there, e.g. Geneva and Lhasa to add a different chime to the beginning (since they've changed type). As there's no new Almaty file I'd guess that means it hasn't changed, but I honestly don't remember what it sounded like before.

I had no idea so many of these themes were taken from real life relevant sources. I thought most of them were just made up, except for the obviously classical ones. Wish they kept the original Mozart music though. I wonder... can we replace music with our own in game?

I had no idea so many of these themes were taken from real life relevant sources. I thought most of them were just made up, except for the obviously classical ones. Wish they kept the original Mozart music though. I wonder... can we replace music with our own in game?

Yes we can replace music, either replacing it straight to the directory (by renaming new file the same as old) or with modding (look at my post #77).

Yes we can replace music, either replacing it straight to the directory (by renaming new file the same as old) or with modding (look at my post #77).

Thanks. Sorry, I should have checked the other posts.

Hi all,

is it possible to delete the intro- and loadingscreen-song without damaging startup? I *loathe* those high-pitched chorals, it's like scratching with your fingernails on a chalkboard for me. :run:

Where and what would I have to do? Thanks in advance :thumbsup:

Hi, Brandigan! :)

It may be not possible to delete it completely, but if you have a Windows, not Mac, I believe this old trick should work: Not deleting it but replacing the "Steam/Steamapps/Common/Sid Meier's Civilization V/Assets/DLC/Expansion/Sounds/Streamed/Music/OpeningMenu_Exp.wav" file from your Program Files directory with a wav-file music piece more friendly to your ears, and renaming it exactly the same as the old one (OpeningMenu_Exp.wav). With replacing like this you can change every other music file from the game, too.

Hope this helps! :D

Hi all,

is it possible to delete the intro- and loadingscreen-song without damaging startup? I *loathe* those high-pitched chorals, it's like scratching with your fingernails on a chalkboard for me. :run:

Where and what would I have to do? Thanks in advance :thumbsup:

Its funny how tastes differ because I absolutely love the loading screen tune and want to hear more of it if anything! :D

Dont get me started on Civ 4's Baba Yeti song...jeez I absolutely despise that one! Before Warlords and Beyond the Sword I had to keep the volume off when loading Civ just so that I wouldnt hear it.

This is kind of a longshot but can anybody help me find a particular track?

It's featured during peace for any "tribal-like" civ. So, Polynesia, Mayans and possibly others. It's basically just drums. Nothing else. There is an echoed sound to it and it just goes on and on with no other instruments. The pace kind of moves back and forth between slow and fast but it's mostly quick repetitive beats.

I want the track so I can loop it forever and have it to fall asleep to :)

I believe the one you're after is 'Whirling Dervish Rhythms'

Hmmmm, this isn't actually the track. It's a little more free form than this, the drums a little more earthy. But the concept is very, very similar

Actually, I'm confused because I've never heard of this track once and I've played every single civ (except Austria and Denmark) A LOT. Am I playing a different game? :crazyeye:

Top Bottom