ROTM - Rise of the Mongols

:bump:

If you don't know how big the army should be/what types of units should be in it, couldja gimme a link?

Also, keep in mind that I'm trying to keep custom units to a minimum. I'm adding a few for flavor, a few for necessity, and that's about it. The rest are game units.

I've been asleep or at school for the past 18 hours or so. As for the size of the armies, I can't help you there. Those have to be play tested and tweaked constantly until the final release. It would be better if you focus on pretty much everything else first if you haven't yet done that. (I'd also need to see the map for this, taking into account all cities, fortresses, the locations of roads, borders, size of cities, etc. to give some numbers. An idea you might want though is to put some of the most notable generals (like Subedei) in a preplaced army with elite units. Two or three of these might do well, provided some of the other civs had at least one or two from the go)

PS: You did that BUMP deliberately, didn't you :mad: :p :D

Really? Darn.:sad:

Well, I'll start placing some units, and getcha the first play-test version soon.:D

P.S.: Maybe.:mischief:

I've placed all units and will begin playtesting this afternoon.:D

Edit: Aw, crap! I didn't save!...Playtesting will begin tommorow.:sad:

I need help with placement of the Silk Road. Any takers?

Bump

Edited my post. Take a look at the map. Most roads done.:D

Y'know, I think maybe we could incorporatew some of Dom Pedro's units in... Were firelancers used in China at this time?

Image of the Flying Tiger Warship... May turn it into a unit request If nothing else could work.

:bump: I refuse to let this thread die.

I'm gonna do a little editing to the pediaicons and civpedia txts, and I'll begin my first play-test.

:banana:

In-game minimap. Colors are a bit messed up, but it looks great!:love:

Attachments

• preview.GIF
    preview.GIF
    8.2 KB · Views: 228
Umm... Oops. Haven't set that in the editor.:sad:

It will begin on the year Temujin uniteds the tribes.:)

Then 1206... there are a lot of cities which you'll need to change hands unfortunately. Bukhara, Samarqand, Tasjkent, etc. were all part of the Qara-Khitai Empire until 1212 when the Khwarazmians siezed them. Kucha and Hami (Khamil) were Mongol since 1200 and 1204, not Qara-Khitai.

PS: You might want to give the Mongols a couple more "cities".

Okay.:)

P.S. Why? Which ones? I'm doing a playtest with three cities, and playability is no problem.:hmm:

I'm getting around to placing the last bit of units, switching around territory, and then I'll release a play-test version via PM to you guys.:)

P.S. Mongoloid, exactly which cities go to the Mongols? I don't have Hamil on here.:sad:

The cities I have on the map in Kwarzam in the area you say needs to go to Qara-Khitai are:

Yanikant
Singnak
Otrar
Samarkand
Bukhara
Gurganj
Merv
Balkh

Which ones exactly go to Qara Khitai?

Qara Khitai cities:

Turfan
Beshbalik
Kucha
Almaliq
Emil
Balasaghun
Kashgar
Yokand
Khotan

Which ones go to the Mongols?

P.P.S. What is the capital of Kwarzam?

Personally I would leave the cities as they are. It may not be totally historically accurate the have Samarkand and Bukhara as Khwarazmian cities in the very beginning, but it will be much more historically accurate as the scenario progresses, because by the time the Mongols invaded Khwarazm, Samarkand and Bukhara were the most important cities in the empire. It would be hard to manipulate the Khwarazmian a.i. to capture those cities in time for the Mongol arrival.

The Mongol cities (Tatars, Kereits) other than Karakorum are not actually cities but names of Mongol tribes. Other tribe "cities" names that you can place are Merkits, which should be right under Lake Baikal (the big crecent shaped lake above Karakorum), Unggirat, Ongut, Oirat. I'll try to find a map that can show the areas were the various tribes dwelled.

It is quite difficult for Amenhotep7 when it comes to the Qara-Khitai. In 1211 they were conquered by the Naimans who ruled the land until 1218 when they were fully annexed into the Mongol Empire. The western-most part of their empire was annexed by the Khwarazmians in 1212. Their northern territories by the Mongols 1200 - 1212. The capital of Khwarazm in 1206 was Urgenj. Samarqand and Bukhara are pretty much the only ones which were Qara-Khitai in 1206.

Crap. And I thought I could PM a playtest to you guys today.:undecide:

Well, I think maybe... It should go to Kwarzam. It'd be hard for the Qara Khitai to defend Bukhara and Samarkand, as there are three Kwarazam cities seperating those cities from the Qara Khitai Empire...

Sorry, guys. But this time I can ASSURE you that the playtest will be out today.:)

See?:smug:

Rise of the Mongols Alpha Test

It's in Debug mode, feel free to download. I may have missed some things, like city population and whatnot, but like I said, it's an alpha. For C3C. *screams like a maniac*Gimme Feedback ASAP!!!

Oh, and I haven't placed naval units yet, as those are bound to be custom units... No custom units have been added yet.

Top Bottom