MapEdit 2.0 released

Mercator

Emperor
The second release of the widely appraised Civilization II map editing tool is available at the one and only MapEdit Mini Site. The site offers downloads and screenshots aside from a thorough description and overview of mapEdit's features.

If you have MapEdit 1.00, you must uninstall it first (sorry).

So, what do you think?

O la la! I will download it!

People care - they are just speechless with awe. ;)

Your readme file is very well written, and your website looks very nice, BTW.

I'm DLing the editor, even though I'm not much of a custom map maker myself. That european bitmap/MM2 idea looked like something interesting to try!

Thanks for making a cool Civ2 program!

:goodjob:

Thanks! It was my pleasure... I guess I'll just have to be patient, after all, I'm not exactly the most vocal user of other people's programs either :o.

I'm not much of a map maker anymore either, but MapEdit is great for previewing and slightly adjusting maps... Such as increasing/decreasing the dimensions, moving the left edge (when you forgot to make the map flat before starting and the map edge turns out to run straight through the middle), moving starting positions (also on adjacent positions, or even on top of each other. The latter only actually works for civs of the same color though), swapping two terrains etc. All of these are quite handy operations for scenario makers.
(just advertising a bit :D)

I see by your name "Mercator" that you are a map maker :). Is your favorite advance, ahem, mapmaking ?

I also DL'd the european bitmap, and that seems to be an interesting way to begin, if one was making a realistic map or scenario.

Calling your own program "widely appraised" sounds Narcissistic (however you spell it) to me. Truth is I tried to open a map with the last one> it didn't work.
Na, JK , I love that program!

Originally posted by ArmOrAttAk
Calling your own program "widely appraised" sounds Narcissistic (however you spell it) to me. Truth is I tried to open a map with the last one> it didn't work.
Na, JK , I love that program!

Maybe it does, but I have simply only heard positive reactions about it so far (for version 1.00)... Except for those who bumped into some annoying bugs. But those bugs should be gone now. There's nothing wrong with being proud of your own good work... And thanks!
If you encounter any bugs or other problems, mail me.

Originally posted by starlifter
I see by your name "Mercator" that you are a map maker :). Is your favorite advance, ahem, mapmaking ?

It doesn't go THAT far. ;)

Well, there only are 2 (and plenty more, but I never released them except to some testers)... So if you didn't download it just now you must have version 1.00.
But anyway, start MapEdit, go to the Help menu and click on "About MapEdit...". The first line says "MapEdit Version X (Build Y)" where X is the version number, you can ignore number Y.

Hmmm, that very odd.
Another way to check the version number: go to the MapEdit directory, right-click on the MapEdit executable, choose Properties from the drop-down menu, and then go to the Version tab. There it will probably say 1.00.0124. 1 is the major version number, 00 the minor version and 124 the build number.

Sounds like a good program to me :D i think i will try it on the scenario im making :king:

BTW - If i do use it i will acknowledge i used your program to make the map with :lol:

Top Bottom