Guess the New Civs

There was a pretty sweet mod for Civ 4 that had "Pirate" as a civilization. That would be quite a shwerve that some would detest, but it definitely would add to the interest.

Pangur Bán;11403444 said:
There's a guy on Wikipedia claiming that the next civ is the Zulu, with Impi and Kraal as UU/UB.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:ApprenticeFan/Sandbox/Civilization_V

Look at this guy's page from 19 February: http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=User:ApprenticeFan/Sandbox/Civilization_V&oldid=477712770 . What the hell! He has nearly every new civ right, although he's wrong about leaders and UU's:
Byzantium - check
Carthage - check
Celts - check
Maya - check
Netherlands - check
Ethiopia - check
Austria - check
So yeah, Zulu very likely will be the 9th civ. He only has Poland instead of Huns, which he corrected later. Apparently we were going to get Winged Hussars and Uhlans. He also has Portugal as a speculated civ. Looks the devs planned to include Poland, but for some reason they changed their mind. :(

I think it sounds pretty legit. It's not likely he guessed right on civs like Austria or even Ethiopia. Too many variables.

Also note that the color is light green and not the yellow and not the color we are accustomed to seeing for Shaka. Egypt is already light yellow so unlikely to use that color again.

Portugal Feitoria could be a UI for coastal trading posts... extra defense/gold. But I guess we'll get that at a later time.

We have an idea its the Zulu.

The problem is there are at least an error with Byzantium.

The problem is there are at least an error with Byzantium.

Yes, but not the color. Firaxis could have posted that article. Who knows it is fun to speculate.

The colors were inaccurate in the previous article. That last wiki article was updated shortly after the demo aired.

But regardless of guessing wrong on almost every leader and unique traits, he had the right civs. No one could guess those 9 civs out right, even if he was wrong on Poland/Huns.

Being wrong about the Huns is a pretty big deal considering Attila is on the cover of the game and is being used to market the game. I doubt they were a last second addition.

I also don't doubt Poland was under consideration for a while, considering we got Austria and the other Euro civ could have easily been them considering the Medieval scenario.

They wanted some Eastern Euro presence without leaning toward a European bias. Whenever the decision was made, I am sure there was some discussion before finally leaning toward a Eurasian civ like the Huns. Poland AND Austria would have been overkill.

Look at this guy's page from 19 February: http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=User:ApprenticeFan/Sandbox/Civilization_V&oldid=477712770 . What the hell! He has nearly every new civ right, although he's wrong about leaders and UU's:
Byzantium - check
Carthage - check
Celts - check
Maya - check
Netherlands - check
Ethiopia - check
Austria - check
So yeah, Zulu very likely will be the 9th civ. He only has Poland instead of Huns, which he corrected later. Apparently we were going to get Winged Hussars and Uhlans. He also has Portugal as a speculated civ. Looks the devs planned to include Poland, but for some reason they changed their mind. :(

I bet Portugal and Kongo form a DLC later, and Poland may be a DLC preorder bonus.

well it's been fixed wikipedia that is. no more false civs.

I bet Portugal and Kongo form a DLC later, and Poland may be a DLC preorder bonus.
okay maybe not on your wikipedia page i go on the actual page article i type in civilization V gods and kings. i get info there. sorry wrong reply to i ment it to who you replyed too seasnake.

Top Bottom