[MOD] Fall from Heaven II

Hi guys,

It is time for me to test FfH2.The GREAT problem is that your mod is STILL in english. Even if i write and speak it (badly, as nearly all frenchmen) some words/ideas/sentences are difficult to understand.
As i will play all the week end, is there any things you want to be tested ? (civics, religions, units,...) I could do it.
Thx.
The Frog.

Hian the Frog said:
Hi guys,

It is time for me to test FfH2.The GREAT problem is that your mod is STILL in english. Even if i write and speak it (badly, as nearly all frenchmen) some words/ideas/sentences are difficult to understand.
As i will play all the week end, is there any things you want to be tested ? (civics, religions, units,...) I could do it.
Thx.
The Frog.

The editor can be used to add translations. A community member did offer to translate to french yesterday, so if he decides to do that it may be there faster than anyone thought.

ps I spent last weekend in France and a day walking through the Louvre, I dont know if I enjoyed all the amazing art or the equally amazing food more but I definitly had a great time in your country. :)

Kael,

You "shoot" just when you went to Paris. "Le Musée du Louvre", the old Palace of our kings (from the 12th to the 17th century, before the built of Versailles) is an amazing one. About the food, no comment. I agree.
For my own, i went to USA when i was 17 years old (in 1989) for two months in summer with my school. The goal was, first,to improve my english and, in a second time, to make the travel that "Cavelier de la Salle" done during the 17th century along the Mississippi and Ohio Rivers. So i went to Detroit, Chicago, Saint Louis, Memphis and to finish "La Nouvelle Orléans". (Unless Memphis, all other cities were french built). It was...i have no word in english. Like a magic tour. Mississippi River is so beautiful. I was very disappointed by what happened in New Orleans, this city was so beautiful in my memory... A kind of mixt of old and modern US way of life.

Now, it is time to play. Feedback in few minutes/hours/days.

Thx.

The Frog.

I joined Civ Fanatics because of FfH100 and was truly curios if this team could
really outdo themselves in such a short period of time.(APPLAUSE)!!! MadBrad
and myself stayed up all night testing it on a new built just formatted high end gaming computer. The bottle was broken on this new mod.(APPLAUSE)...
We hope the owner likes his new system, we like this new mod. I paticularially like what you have done with the elves and the Ancient Forests.
However it has all been exceptional and after two hours sleep I'm up for a comment..........If you liked FfH1 I urge you. I implore you. I dare you! Download and play this mod now or you will be sorry I promise. Call in sick. Call a friend or find one online. Turn off your lights and pretend nobody is Home. Or else.

Great mod Kael and team, one question, when are the dragons scheduled to be introduced in the game. Please make it soon! :cry:

wiseguy101 said:
Great mod Kael and team, one question, when are the dragons scheduled to be introduced in the game. Please make it soon! :cry:

As soon as all counters in the spoiler in my sig are at 100%.

I was expecting this mod all week long, and I have not been disappointed. Good job as usual! :goodjob:

Here is my last saved game (turn 299), along with my observations:

My Summoned creatures don't disappear at all.
Some of my Arcane don't lose the Casted flag at the beginning of a turn, they are stuck manaless.
The Dwarf Healer Hero stopped gaining experience after his third point.

The Mud Golem doesn't build like a usual Worker, with food overflow like the conquest civic.
I can't hurry anything, no gold, no whip, no nothing! Can't we motivate slackers in FFH2?
Machinist shop lost the 20% hammer bonus. Please bring it back! :p

The AI kept attacking me hand-to-hand with his 4-5 stars Conjurers. They had learned summoning spheres but they did not spawn anything. Do Combat promotions help Arcane units in any way?
I haven't seen any AI Mages, only Conjurers.
I couldn't summon a Sand Lion for about the first ten turns I learned the spell, the button would be stuck "grayed out", even though I could cast other spells..
I saw very few coastal resources for a Balanced map. Very few Stone and Marble too. I also haven't seen any Tigers or Wolves, which I usually capture by the dozen.

Here are two gripes I have had for the six months I've played FFH1:

I feel the animals appear five turns too late and the barbarians appear ten turns too soon. The bears are an effective Scout-chomping team by themselves, and the wilderness gets populated by barbarians quite fast.
The third point of mobility of the Mercenary is also unbalancing in my opinion.

Very nice work, should we expect a patch soon?
Will you include some other popular mods components, like the special foreign and domestic advisors?

Sashaddin said:
Here is my last saved game (turn 299), along with my observations:

My Summoned creatures don't disappear at all.
Skeletons and the like should stay until they die. The creatures from level2 spheres should disappere throug. Maybe you have the summoner trait?
Some of my Arcane don't lose the Casted flag at the beginning of a turn, they are stuck manaless.
The Dwarf Healer Hero stopped gaining experience after his third point.
Obvious bugs. Please poste them in the respective Thread of the FfH forum (link in my sig)

The Mud Golem doesn't build like a usual Worker, with food overflow like the conquest civic.
Its intentional. Did you ever see an machine that grew when you gave it food?
I can't hurry anything, no gold, no whip, no nothing! Can't we motivate slackers in FFH2?
Is a bug and already reported. Will eb adressed in the next patch hopefully.

The AI kept attacking me hand-to-hand with his 4-5 stars Conjurers. They had learned summoning spheres but they did not spawn anything. Do Combat promotions help Arcane units in any way?
I haven't seen any AI Mages, only Conjurers.
I couldn't summon a Sand Lion for about the first ten turns I learned the spell, the button would be stuck "grayed out", even though I could cast other spells..
Combat promotions are usefull as they are given to summoned creatures as well like in FfH1. Maybe the enemy spellcaster was not able to cast a spell at the given moment. For creatures they need level two spheres and sometimes special circumstances which they do not try to archive.
The Sand lion Spell requires you to stay on an desert tile. You can create one through with the other fire spell.

A Patch will be released soon. Probably within this weekend.

Great!!! Orc Cage, Human Cage, .... Cool and fun. A zoo of intelligent species.
But, how do you capture an orc or an elf? I read the civilopedia and i don't found. Probably my poor english:)
Please help !!!!:sad:
Thx.
The Frog

How many spells can an adept/mage/conjurer cast per turn? And if they cast a spell can they cast the same spell the next turn, if they can even cast a spell at all the next turn?

Hian the Frog said:
Great!!! Orc Cage, Human Cage, .... Cool and fun. A zoo of intelligent species.
But, how do you capture an orc or an elf? I read the civilopedia and i don't found. Probably my poor english:)
Please help !!!!:sad:
Thx.
The Frog

You need something that gives slaves (either having the slavry civic or using taskmasters). If you get a slave defeating an elven, dwarven or orcish unit then you will get the appropriate slave.

Samuelson said:
How many spells can an adept/mage/conjurer cast per turn? And if they cast a spell can they cast the same spell the next turn, if they can even cast a spell at all the next turn?

There are some exceptions on specific spells, but in general a caster can cast 1 spell a turn and it doesnt effect his ability to cast spells on the following turn.

Is the culture draining effect of Loky and the gipsy vagon implemented yet?
I tried to send them in enemy cities but I could not say if was happening something or not.

Also loky have a lot of sphere nìbut seems that can cast only two spells, charm persons and storm of blades, is a bug or I'm missing something?

and last, how does adepts gain experience? I had my adpets gaining levels just standing into cities doing nothing, what is the logic behind it? Does they gain 1xp/turn like the heroes?

:cry: I'm in big trouble.... I really don't understand how does work the spells, mana nod, and every thing that goes with magic.:cry:
I'm playing the Horsemen (don't remember the name) and i have a mana nod. What can i do with this nod? What kind of family of spell i can use? Furthemore, i'm the master of the Order. (any influence).
HELPPPPPPP !!!!:cry:

The Frog.

My confessor seems to gain 1xp/turn, like Hero, is it logical?

The Frog.

moonrunner said:
Not sure if this is a bug or intended but the Calabim arn't avalabe in a custom game

The Calabim are the civ and the Leaders are Alexis and Flaurus. You can select them. I just made sure. :)

Top Bottom