Dune Music Pack

Deliverator

Graphical Hackificator

I've put together a new music pack for the mod and I thought I'd share it. Hopefully, this will add more atmosphere to your Dune Wars experience.

The pack currently adds game soundtrack plus diplomacy music for all the factions.

Dune Wars Music Pack 1.9 (Requires Dune Wars 1.9.1 and later)

Changes
+ Added several Arabic tracks from the Civ 5 soundtrack
+ Soundtrack selector now continually cycles through the seven eras, randomly selecting a track from each for improved variety
+ The pack is now 200MB, but it's worth it!

Download: Download Dune Wars Music Pack 1.9

To install, simply unzip the file and run the installer executable.

Old Versions

Changes 1.7 Version - 1353 downloads
+ Compatibility with Dune Wars 1.7.1
+ New tracks from 1.6.4 should now actually play

Changes 1.6.4 Version - 682 downloads
+ Compatibility with Dune Wars 1.6.4
+ New tracks from Stéphane Picq's Spice Opera and three tracks cut from Klaus Schulze's Dune

Changes 1.6 Version - 280 downloads
+ Compatibility with Dune Wars 1.6

Changes 1.5.5 Version - 142 downloads
+ Compatibility with Dune Wars 1.5.5
+ Added 5 new soundtrack songs from the Dune Miniseries

Changes 1.5 Version - 233 downloads
+ Remastered and Re-edited the Ordos diplo music
+ Tweaked some of the track volumes to try and balance things

Sounds better than the deleted scene where Gurney plays the baliset...

Attachments

• gurney_plays.jpg
    gurney_plays.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 9,480
  • duneletters.jpg
    duneletters.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 9,335
There are a couple of errors with this - I'll re-upload it.

Edit: Should be fixed now. There was a wrong XML and a corrupted mp3.

There is a bit of overlap with the old one in terms of the film tracks and the Children of Dune tracks. I've tried to pick out the best and most atmospheric stuff available and keep it varied. I only used the Dune 2000 soundtrack for the Ordos diplo music - it is quite boxy sounding and too lofi IMO. I probably need to adjust the volumes of some of the tracks in the XML since some are bit quiet and some too loud.

Love the music, very cool. Very "Lawrence of Arabia"-ish.

Which probably also has some really good music we could use!

Glad you like it. The Middle-Eastern sounding tracks are mostly Brian Tyler's soundtrack for Children of Dune. It is the best thing about that miniseries in my opinion, the acting and special effects are pretty suspect at times. I quite like having a mix between the Middle-Eastern instruments (=desert), more orchestral scores (=epic) and synth/ambient stuff (=future/sci-fi).

Fixed an issue with this. Diplomacy music wasn't installing correctly. Download link in opening post redirected.

Hi thanks A LOT for this mod - in my download the WinRAR program said that the benegesserit.mp3 is faulty - I'll rename another one to benegesserit.mp3 so it should work.

Hmmmm. That's the second time I've got a corrupted mp3 uploading to MediaFire.

Nevermind. I've attached the Bene Gesserit track, and I'll try to fix the main upload soon.

New version - updated for Dune Wars 1.5 - see opening post for details and link.

@David: Please can you update the link in the download page? Probably better just to link to this thread in case I need to update it again.

The music pack is not yet updated for version 1.5.5, but I will update it soon.

I have created a compatibility patch for Dune Wars 1.5.5 that also adds 5 new tracks to the soundtrack. Download here. Also linked in opening post. This is to save people from downloading a 120MB file when the already have the 1.5 Music Pack. I will add a complete new version of the Music Pack soon.

The way the music pack is set up today, there are two xml files which need to be checked and perhaps updated every release: civ4leaderheadinfos.xml and civ4erainfos.xml. Deliverator has suggested before to put the diplomacy music into the main release; this way, we don't have to keep checking the leaderheads file. Since we have just overhauled this file, now is a good time.

I have added the diplomacy sounds to the main release for 1.6 (which is not released yet). This increases the download size from about 60 MB to about 80 MB, but that is not too bad. Also the audio script files and so forth are the same between the main release and the music pack. The only difference is the erainfos file and the actual song files.

For 1.6, please update erainfos.xml with the new era names, delete the other xml files, and delete the diplomacy music. This will make the music pack maintenance much simpler.

EDIT: new era names for 1.6, from some random post in the religion thread (what, you couldn't find it? :))

1) Ayat - Seeds
2) Wali - Youth
3) Mihna - Testing
4) Hajra - Seeking
5) Tahaddi - Strength
6) Ijaz - Prophecy
7) Jannah - Paradise

Good stuff. This will make my life simpler.

Top Bottom