Civ V and big empires works

Nutteria

Tzar
Many people have butchering Civ 5 among other things that it does not support big empires due to happyness and maintenance.

So to disprove that I made a Prince game on standart map size and chose Rome in order to create and dominate an entire game.

So here are the Results :

1) 1854 after finaly crushing the Chinese and the Soux I dominated my part of the continent.There is a unpassable Mountain range between me and Egypt.I managed to invade and take em out but France declared by surprise and conquered the egyptian citys for himself.

Spoiler :

2) In the early 2000 I started my naval invasion toards Paris and after 5-6 Turns it fell alongside 3-4 more citys.I didn`t want to take anything else but the Capital and move on for the domination win but Napoleon just refused to stop the war so I had to persuade him by taking 2 more cities and liberating a city state.After that it took me 6-7 turns to possition my army near the last Capital and here is the screeny the turn I declared

Spoiler :

Now some braging screen about my Overall status after I won :

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

So in conclusion I must say that if you play correctly you can have quite big empire and enjoy domination victories all over the place :)

Enjoy.

I agree.

Also, the great thing about civ 5 is you don't HAVE to play as a large empire. you can still win as a smaller empire.

Which is a great addition.

I agree.

Also, the great thing about civ 5 is you don't HAVE to play as a large empire. you can still win as a smaller empire.

Which is a great addition.

I think the “you can’t have a massive empire” talk is largely “you can’t have a massive empire in precisely the same way as you could in 4, and I haven’t mastered how to do it in 5 yet” talk in code.

Of course a big empire is viable. Just as it was viable in Civ 4.

It's just that there are different ways of dealing with a large empire. Last edition of the game you were blocked by revenue, which is why you'd have people rushing for Communism, or building Versaille and the Forbidden Palace to take care of distance mainenance costs. Or building wealth. Or keeping the science slider low.

Now you're capped out by happiness. So use the tools that deal with happiness.

Top Bottom