The return of the The King

MAS

Deity
Ok, I don't don't know if this question has been asked before but.

The big question remains: Will "The King" return?

Yeah baby! :cool:

I think you missunderstand. "The king" is much older than that. And he used to be much bigger than some once in a year litle easter egg. ;)

True, but you know the old saying: you can lead a horse to water, but you can't teach an old dog to make a silk purse out of a bird in the hand.

Seriously, MAS. Elvis is gone. He's left the building. There won't be any sequels.

I belive it has already been stated that Elvis will be used to represent soem sort of cultureal great leader.

Oh. MAS didn't ask whether 'The King' would reappear in the game, just whether he was going to return in general, and I didn't want him to get his hopes up.

I am the Future said:
I'm confused what are we talking about?????????????????????????

In Civ1, the entertainer units were all Elvis.

In Civ2, an Elvis impersonator was your happiness advisor, and your entertainers still looked like Elvis.

In Civ3, they changed this, and Elvis was consigned to a once-a-year Easter egg.

I always liked that. I hope hes back in Civ IV

According to Europe, the King will return with gold in his hand; the castle will burn in the enemy land. :)

We can't go on together with suspicious minds...

DBear said:
In Civ1, the entertainer units were all Elvis.

In Civ2, an Elvis impersonator was your happiness advisor, and your entertainers still looked like Elvis.

In Civ3, they changed this, and Elvis was consigned to a once-a-year Easter egg.

He was? How do you get to see him?

jkp1187 said:

You had to be playing a Regicide game on the date of his birthday. All the kings in the game would then become "The King."

jkp1187 said:

Yep he was. You must be playing the 8th of January (or change your windows clock and watch out for the king units, baby).

We want Elvis back on CivIV Firaxis :cooool: !

Elvis as a dead as you want him to be :) We can let him live! :cool:

But does the Civ crew want him to be alive?

I sure hope so! Elvis is to the Civilization series as lama's and broccoly are to the SimCity series.

Simon sais: eat your broccoly,... and hail the king! :king:

the king is back ;) :king:

Top Bottom