In Development: East Asia Mod

I have started developing an East Asian Mod. I will post my work here, and see what you think needs work on.

Civs:
China (Tang Taizong)
Japan (Tokugawa Ieyasu)
Korea (Sejong) (Thank you Shiro)
Miao-Yao (Zhong Xang) (R8XFT's Songstam Gampo)
Thailand (Suriyothai)* (Thank you Shiro)
Mongols (Temujin) (Thank you R8XFT)
Xiongnu (Mao Dun) (Thank you CivArmy)
Manchu (Kang Xi) (Thank you CivArmy)
Gokturks (Bumin Khan) (Thank you Shiro)

*= While Thailand itself is not on the map, the Thai people originated in SW China before being driven from China from the Chinese, and the Thai kingdom of Nan Zhao played an important role in Chinese history. The city list has Thai city names, but deal with it.

New city styles have been added:

China: Ogedei's China city style
Korea: Ogedei's Korea city style
Japan: Ogedei's Japan city style
Miao-Yao and Thailand: Arne's Thai city style
Mongols, Xiongnu, Manchu, Gokturks: Ogedei's Tibetan city style

New UUs:
China: Chu-Ko-Nu (UtahJazz?)
Miao-Yao: Miao-Yao Worker (Really Vietnamese Worker by Plotinus)
Thailand: War Elephant (stolen from India)
Xiongnu: Ordu Archer (CivArmy)
Manchu: Banner (CivArmy)
Gokturks: Tajik Horseman (Really Mongol Cavalry by ?Kinboat?)

Totally redesigned (mostly renamed :p) tech tree (icons and civilopedia entries made and written by me. It's the most important part; please look at them :))

No new buildings or wonders :sad: just renamed ones...

Rhye's awesome terrain graphics :)

Map: Immortals84. :goodjob:

Thank you.

Here is the downloads link. When this scenario is done, look here for the finished mod. In the meantime, this is the beta.

Screenies Below:

Have you looked at Yoda Power's "East Asia" Mod? You could get a few extra ideas from there as well. :)

By the way, which Chu-ko-Nu unit are you referring to? I'm pretty sure one of them is actually an Age of Empires II conversion.

The Chu-Ko-Nu I am using is indeed an AoK conversion, done I believe by UtahJazz.

Also, Ogedei, expect to see more references to you soon hopefully (if I have time to mod :sad:)

Shiro made an excellent Emperor Meiji leaderhead sometime ago. You could use that leaderhead to represent Emperor Kammu for Japan.

I have edited Just Government to be Bureaucracy, Ogedei style. It is not however included in the most recent version available in the downloads section.

Tokugawa Ieyasu was an important leader, but there is a wide variety of leaders to represent Japan.

Top Bottom