Welcome New Members

Hey Guys
First Time poster, Long reader....

I think this site is great....covers civ and makes me laugh all at the same time...Thanks for all the fun post and insight into a game that will in the next few weeks will again take over our lives....about to start my last game (unless cIV is a dump) :sad: .....but i dont think that will happen..

Moderator Action: Merged into the "Welcome" thread. ;) --Padma

Hi All,

Here's another new member. I've been reading these great forums for advice for some time already, and finally got the courage to intoduce myself.. I'm 36, and I've been playing the civ games since Civ1 (curse the day I sold the game away for some measly pennies..). Each new version has been a great leap forward, and I'm really looking forward to playing Civ4. My wife, 3½-year old son and 3 months old daughter will do their best keeping me from spending all night playing it, like in the 'good old days' :)

Hi all

My brother introduced the first Civ to me at a young age and I have been hooked ever since! I feel like a junkie waiting for his next score waiting for the the forth installment!

I'm realy looking forward to the multiplayer sections.

This site has been a life saver for information to calm the bloodlust.

I usually buy a game like Civ or a football management sim every year but Civ wins down this time.

Bring it on (whichever the true date of release for UK is!!!)

Hello Everyone! I got hooked on civ when I was a senior in high school. In fact, one of my classes was called "Civilization" where we had to create our own civilization from the ground up (flags, culture, religion, fashion, music, laws, etc.) and we also played Civilization II MPG. We did network games of about three or four people, and whatever happened in the game was the "history" of our civilization, and we had to base our entire final report on what happened in the game. I loved kicking a$$ against my friends in the class, and I did win the game (one game lasted the entire school year, playing once or twice a week.) Ever since then I have been playing civ. I loved the graphics and stuff of Civ III, but never really caught on; I was hooked on Civ II. I did preorder Civ IV, and I'm sure I'll keep on playing even when we hit "Civ M".

Hey everyone! I too am a long time player, new poster. Civ was actually one of the driving forces into making me a history nerd.

Oh, and the War Acadamy articles made me go from a Chieften to Regent in only 2 games. So yeah....thanks all!

*waves*
Hiya. Been playing Civ since I received Civ3 as a X-Mas gift in 2003. Love the game but it’s always felt a bit primitive with its interface and some of the in game details...as more info popped up about Civ IV it became blatantly obvious that a massive revamp was in the works, which at this point there is enough info out about 4 to make that an understatement of the year. As much as the game excites me the modding potential of this game make me just want to wet myself. (Frankly I think Firaxis and Huggies should have worked out an agreement to ship a diaper with each copy for the excited fan.)
Anyways nothing more to be said other then I may call in sick Tuesday or Wednesday when the game comes out. I remember reading that businesses were being impacted when Phantom Manace came out because so many people were taking time off, vacation or otherwise, from work for the movie. Wonder if there might be a small blip because of Civ IV.

Rmman9007 said:
Hey Guys
First Time poster, Long reader....

I think this site is great....covers civ and makes me laugh all at the same time...Thanks for all the fun post and insight into a game that will in the next few weeks will again take over our lives....about to start my last game (unless cIV is a dump) :sad: .....but i dont think that will happen..

Bah! There are enough fundamental differences between 3 and 4 that I foresee me loading, and playing, both on my computer for the foreseeable future. I just wish 4 had a utility to import Civ 3 games. I have enough saved games that I love rehashing from time to time which I would KILL to be able to play with the new gameplay rules.

Hello Everybody,
I joined civfanatics about a week ago. I have known about the website for several months though since I was looking for info on CivIV which I have known about for almost a year. Cause I LOVE civilization! I have been playing it since Civ II and have been hooked ever since. Hopefully I will stay active with this forum to meet fellow Civ fans and meet potential multiplayers!

Thank you very much for the welcome. :)

I have been visiting the site for some months now in anticipation of CIV IV, which I have had pre-ordered for some time now. I have been a CIV addict since first discovering the original CIV years back. The only games I ever play are strategy games and those focused on empire building, so CIV is pretty much exactly my cup of tea. I have CIVs I-III and loved them all, each version adding freshness to the old without destroying the essence of the game. My favorite version actually has to be Colonization, which rocked and still does. COL II definitely has to be made!

Pretty much the only games I have played consistently and with passion and never seem to get tired of are the CIV series and the Total War series. They are the best games in their respective fields, hands-down (empire strategy and tactical strategy). Why, because they are TURN-BASED. When are the RTS people going to figure out that all their games are the same and get sickening and boring after one round? The CIV games and the descendants of Lords of the Realm II (i.e. the Total War series) are the best strategy games out there because they are turn-based. Isn't strategy about thought and planning?

Here's to y'all as we waste away in anticipation for the greatest game yet!:D

SilentMage said:
Hey everyone!

I've been visiting this site for a few months before I finally decided to join -- I had so much input on some of the topics and I had some ideas of my own for CIV, so here I am!

I am 22 years old, typing from my dorm at NJIT, but I'm from Brooklyn, NY! Civilization II was my first game in the series, and ever since then I've been hooked. So much so, that between the years 2000 and 2001 me and five other guys, all at different locations in NYC, played an online CivII MGE game that stretched out eight months on the largest Earth map we could find. (We had frequent "conference calls" during these game sessions once we got into the late-industrial age to symbolize the invention of the telephone!) :D

Up until about a month ago I've been playing CivIII a great deal, discovering the Rise and Rule mod back in June, which revitalized my love for the series and opened me up into the huge world of the Civ modding community. But then, after reading so much of CIV on this site I decided to abstain from Civ-playing until CIV is released.

I'm happy to have found this site! Expect to find entries from me from time to time! :cool:

i too am from brooklyn lol lets hear one for brooklyn
i am 39 years old wife and 3 kids and a full time job
so i cant play all night fanaticly but at least there is a save feature

Hi everyone,

This is my first post. I started to play civ3 this summer, a friend told me bout this website. Civ3 is great, cant w8 to get my hands on Civ4!!!

Everyone that is new and:
a)wants to get more Post Counts
b)wants to get a civ rep.
c)never wants to tuch civ again

Should copme join the Off Topic.
Just one word of advise, Dont start a stupid thread first thing.

http://forums.civfanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18

Welcome to CFC! In addition to Civ info, if you go down to the colloseum, there are other forums, such as humor, sports, and off topic (it took me a while to find them :))

Have fun!

Hello All...

I started playing the 1st Civ back when I was a sophomore in college and became seriously addicted. Of course it severely hurt my class attendance.:mischief:

Since then I've played Civ II and Civ III and Alpha Centari. I've been anxiously awaiting release of Civ IV and found this forum to get my all psyched up for the game's release.

Hey there - Long time member and forum reader, major lazy poster.
Started playing since Civ I, followed on with Civ 2 and stilll hooked on Civ3. Pre-ordered Civ 4, can't wait, it's driving me crazy waiting....:blush:

Hello all. I am a long time Civ player. I started out with the old DOS version and have played civ 2, call to power, and civ 3. I never really liked civ 3 so I've been stuck on civ 2 for years. Anyway, I am totally pumped about civ 4. I've been reading these boards for years but I figured it's time to get involved.

Greetings everyone! as one might gather, my name is Jason. I'd say that I practically grew up on Civ, Civ two more specifically as it was one of the first computer games I ever played. In fact I was about 10 (don't remember exactly) and I think I was the only one I knew in my age group that found the game remotely interesting. :)

It's funny though, Civ has played a huge roll for me, since everything from units to goverment had a little "help" button in Civ2 that explained what it was in our world's history, I grew fanatically obsessed with historical stuff.

Since that time I've grown to have extreem interests in All aspects of world history, mythology, philosophy, and well, general social studies. I'm currently getting ready to start college to become -what else- a History Teacher :king:

In any case, I started browsing this site back around the time I bought civ3, and I've played alot of the mods from here. I've never felt compelled to post since I'm not much of a multiplayer/community person, However with the coming of Civ4 and the very apealing MP in the game, I figured I'd greet you guys in the hopes of maybe playing some games.

So, Nice to meet you all!

Hi there!
My name is Arnaud, and i have been playing civ since the first episode on amiga! I'm very glad entering this new era with you, i wish we will share thrilling experiences with civ 4! Hope we will have nice mods as we used to have with c3c!

Hi

My name is vbraun. I have been playin Civ since 2001. And I haqve been a member here since Jul 07, 2003. Been a great experiance here at CFC, and have definatly enjoyed it.

Top Bottom