AI backstabbing

Treso

Warlord
It seems sometimes they DoW you just to you dont receive the RA tech. They usually dont have military might to deal with me and just DoW.

Do anyone feels the same?

I just had it happen where a friendly AI set up a research agreement with me and DoW'd the very next turn. I don't think I even got my 250g back :cry:

Agreed with the OP. In spite of all the positive changes in the patches, psycho AI DOWing on you for no reason at all (IOW the diplo screen shows them as "friendly" and "desiring positive relations with your Empire") is one aspect of the game that has not been fixed. It's too bad, because other than diplomacy, I think the overall game has improved by leaps and bounds as result of the patches. :(

It's also possible that another AI bribed that civ into DOWing you. A few times, I've seen two civs that were friendly with each other sign RAs, yet one of them was still willing to declare war on the other if I bribed them with enough gold. If I can make that happen, I'm sure the AI might try it too. In those cases, you'd really have no idea what was going on and the AI would appear crazy.

Take a look at the chart in this link: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=409062&page=3

Notice the Deceptive category?

In Civ4 there was a chance with modifiers that a Civ would decide to backstab you. Depending on the leader's traits, they would still possibly do this in spite of a positive diplomatic status. Once they decided to backstab you, they showed their true colors.

But in Civ 5, they are more or less likely to already have committed to backstabbing, but will continue to be charming all the while preparing to swoop. And when I saw "more or less," I mean depending on this Deceptive modifer. Note that's totally separate from other modifiers for aggressiveness. Some Leaders are aggressive and show you they are up front. Others are aggressive and you don't know they are coming until it's too late.

Any chance the Leaders in the situations described above on this thread had extreme Deceptive scores?

Top Bottom