Easter Egg Collecting! (spoilers be here)

I guess to keep this here thread going, or with my luck an approriate ending, the picture for "Public Healers" civic is a picture of Dr.Cox from Scrubs, but I may be mistaken.

I thought it was John Cleese in some incarnation.

Its John Cleese.

This isn't an easter egg at all, but while doing some backstory work I made an interesting observation. FfH contains demonology, witchcraft, murder, rape, blasphemy, suicide, assassination, insanity, sex perversion, prostitution, satanic type rituals, gambling, barbarism, cannibalism, sadism, desecration, demon summoning, necromantics and divination. That list is from Patricia Pullings letter against D&D in 1982. FfH contains everything Patricia hated except homosexuality and voodoo. Not that I have anything against either of those, they just haven't come up yet.

Beside feeling a little proud that we hit almost everything Ms Pulling hated I had another odd realization. There is one thing that is a major part of most peoples lives (some say the most important part), including 2 of the writing team and most people throughout history that never makes an appearance in FfH. What is it?

Spoiler :

Marriage.

Out of all of the characters we have, and we have a ton of them. None of them are married. The closest we have is Einion, who is a widower whose introduction has him thinking back to his wife's tragic death. Those that have read a lot of the backstory posted here in the forum may know that Varn is married (and his wife has an affair with Duin) but it is never mentioned in the mod.

We even have a few children of characters in the mod, not a single one was born in wedlock.

Im not sure what that says about us, but Im sure Freud would have a theroy.

It's... uhm.. easier? Two of the writing team - so both Corl and Nikis? Or do you mean the development team?

Actually, noone is saying the character's aren't, it just hasn't been an issue yet, I suppose...

It's... uhm.. easier? Two of the writing team - so both Corl and Nikis? Or do you mean the development team?

Actually, noone is saying the character's aren't, it just hasn't been an issue yet, I suppose...

I was including myself in the "writing team" category, I meant that 2 of the writers are marreid and we have never written a married character. And yeah I assume some of the characters are married offscreen, I just though it was odd that in such a mix of characters and attributes it never came up.

Im not so sure that example helps our case that we are well adjusted about the subject. ;)

Corlindale: thou speakesth the truth. But the
Spoiler :
divorce
got kinda messy. Maybe that's why none of the other characters feel like giving it a try:D They've learned from example.

Kael: I suppose we could say we're not unhealthily occupied with
Spoiler :
marital activities

kael said:
FfH contains everything Patricia hated except homosexuality and voodoo. Not that I have anything against either of those, they just haven't come up yet.

Wait, you're telling me that not only are your vampires not undead, they're also not HOMOSEXUAL?! Anne Rice would be rotating in her grave if only she was dead already. No wait that sounded wrong.

(Also I kept thinking that Alexis was a male name and I was sure there was SOMETHING going on between the brothers... but as it appears there's just good old heterosexual incest, and that doesn't seem to be a D&D problem ;P)

R'lyeth or however you spell it, from Cthulu, is also in there. Can't remember who had it, or anything else =/

Well, it's stretching a bit, but Sheelba's father was married for a paragraph.

Oh, and I didn't see Child Sacrifice on your list, so I guess we beat D&D there.

I was thinking, to show the prevelance of marriage in the Ffh world, Arturus' story could be from the perspective of his
Spoiler :
mistress

This isn't an easter egg at all, but while doing some backstory work I made an interesting observation. FfH contains demonology, witchcraft, murder, rape, blasphemy, suicide, assassination, insanity, sex perversion, prostitution, satanic type rituals, gambling, barbarism, cannibalism, sadism, desecration, demon summoning, necromantics and divination. That list is from Patricia Pullings letter against D&D in 1982. FfH contains everything Patricia hated except homosexuality and voodoo. Not that I have anything against either of those, they just haven't come up yet.

So how does it feel to know you are contributing to the decline of civilization!

Err wait I meant RL, not the game :rolleyes:

So how does it feel to know you are contributing to the decline of civilization!

Err wait I meant RL, not the game :rolleyes:

I am strangely okay with it.

Okay with it? I revel in it. I am become FfH, the destroyer of worlds:lol:

Dude!.....Some of this stuff should stay "IN GAME" people! But that applies to all Civ 4 games...especially the NUKES!(Dark Sarcasm for stating the obvious for radicals and extremist types)

Is There any cool Cameo's that have been missed on this thread?

Either I'm going crazy, or the voice of the Host of Einhersomethings (level 3 law summons) is a (Starcraft) Protoss Archon. Possibly both.

Top Bottom