Rebels

This has become the longest thread I've created. :trophy:

Is it a neccessary or a good idea to exterminate Rome.
Which is better to occupy, enslave or exterminate Rome?
Will the Seante masses turn against me if I enslave or exterminate Rome?

If you're invading Rome, you've already bought the "war with the known world" ticket, you're just haggling about the price.

Are you playing as the Romans or another faction?

If he's asking about the Senate's reaction, I'd guess he's playing as another Roman faction.

That's given me a thought- if a non-Roman faction destroys the Senate and takes over Rome, do Roman factions still need popular support to declare themselves Emperor, or do they just need to take Rome from the non-Roman faction?
Not exactly relevant, but it's something I've never encountered.

That's given me a thought- if a non-Roman faction destroys the Senate and takes over Rome, do Roman factions still need popular support to declare themselves Emperor, or do they just need to take Rome from the non-Roman faction?
Not exactly relevant, but it's something I've never encountered.
I think it just says that the Roman faction completed one of their objectives.

It depends if you want to enslave or exterminate. How much population do your cities have?
The Senate masses won't turn against you.

I'm playing the prologue as the Julii. I got a message saying the masses in the senate supported me and that I could march on Rome. I've sent my army to Rome but before I take I wanted to know what the best option is once I captured the city.
Do I still need continued senate support if I take the city?
Can the senate oust me out of the city like the rebels can if they don't like you?

Not at the game now so not sure the pop size of the cities but I think they are small.

What is the "war with the known world" ticket?

Only if you want to strangle your economy in that city for the next several turns.

I enslave the cities, as it helps the other cities of my nation. It doesn't hurt that cities economy so much, it helps your other cities, and it helps cut down on the rebellious nature of the newly acquired citizens. Or else keep your big army there for several turns and slowly pull them out after capturing the city.
Exterminate populous doesn't strangle economy, the city grows back at about 9% a turn depending on the city size. It would be shockingly naive to enslave in late game, as that would just be redistributing the restless population to other large and unruly cities. The way to play the game is with your cities growing too large and you chopping off the top. Even if you have a full garrison, it still is impossible to maintain a 500,000 populous city especially on higher levels. (Plus, not to mention you get a fortune for exterminating populous.) ;)

I'm playing the prologue as the Julii. I got a message saying the masses in the senate supported me and that I could march on Rome. I've sent my army to Rome but before I take I wanted to know what the best option is once I captured the city.
Do I still need continued senate support if I take the city?
Can the senate oust me out of the city like the rebels can if they don't like you?

Not at the game now so not sure the pop size of the cities but I think they are small.

What is the "war with the known world" ticket?

I'm not sure because your playing the prologue but you don't need the senate support and the senate can't oust you because they are destroyed. If Rome rebels, it becomes a rebel city.

Top Bottom