Project SYNTHESIS

WHAT NO WAY AM I GOING TO WORK ON THIS MO-Well, so long as we stray from the topics of Politics and Religion we should be good.

Alright, either way, I'll get a little mini-form for each new civ and their UU/UB/UP/UHV up tomorrow.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

As they say, never bring up politics and religion at polite conversations (or amongst friends... or relatives... or almost anyone if you avoid it)

Cool, thanks for the help!

And I've updated the original post with some more stuff. Check periodically, as I said.

EDIT: Oh, and concerning Israel, I might put it in a "fun-pack" mod that will also feature Rhyeism as a religion:

Our Rhye, which art in Italy,
Hallowed be thy Name.
Thy Website come.
Thy will be done,
online as it is in RFC.
Give us this day our daily BTS info.
And forgive us our pesterings,
As we forgive them that pester against us.
And lead us not into temptation;
But deliver us from boredom.
Amen.

I would defend the Mughal Empire as a reasonable rebirth; however, I realized that India needs space for colonization. I think a normal respawn OR a rebirth as the (British/Portuguese/Whatever) Raj -> modern India would work. Let me explain.

The Raj would be a unique playable nation, as it would spawn in 1860 as a vassal to the most prominent nation in India, be it Portugal, Britain, the Netherlands, France or even Iran or Khmer. It would spawn over Delhi and Mumbai and be given one city of its masters' within India. The Raj would have to meet the demands of its master and fight the wars of its master, and would be unable to declare independence. Then in the 20s-30s, the Raj would declare independence automatically (lacks a certain truthiness, I know) and declare war upon its owner state. Along with this date, the name would change, the leader would change to Gandhi (or it would be Gandhi the whole time, it depends on leaderhead availability), and two great people would spawn: Great Artist Rabindranath Tagore and Great General Subash Chandra Bose.

UHV:
1. Control the Indian subcontinent by 1950
2. Have 1 billion people in 1990 OR Be the most populous country in 1990
3. Have the highest score in 2000

That'd be PRETTY AWESOME. You can't deny. Also, should I be suggesting all these things on DoC rather than here? xD

Between the mountain/swamp-line to the west and the two jungle square between mountains and ocean to the east?

I would defend the Mughal Empire as a reasonable rebirth; however, I realized that India needs space for colonization. I think a normal respawn OR a rebirth as the (British/Portuguese/Whatever) Raj -> modern India would work. Let me explain.

The Raj would be a unique playable nation, as it would spawn in 1860 as a vassal to the most prominent nation in India, be it Portugal, Britain, the Netherlands, France or even Iran or Khmer. It would spawn over Delhi and Mumbai and be given one city of its masters' within India. The Raj would have to meet the demands of its master and fight the wars of its master, and would be unable to declare independence. Then in the 20s-30s, the Raj would declare independence automatically (lacks a certain truthiness, I know) and declare war upon its owner state. Along with this date, the name would change, the leader would change to Gandhi (or it would be Gandhi the whole time, it depends on leaderhead availability), and two great people would spawn: Great Artist Rabindranath Tagore and Great General Subash Chandra Bose.

UHV:
1. Control the Indian subcontinent by 1950
2. Have 1 billion people in 1990 OR Be the most populous country in 1990
3. Have the highest score in 2000

That'd be PRETTY AWESOME. You can't deny. Also, should I be suggesting all these things on DoC rather than here? xD

Possibly, but know this would be a side-project. Other things are of greater importance.

I may be wrong here but on DoC this would take even less importance. Leoreth's got a lot of stuff on his plate.

Define the Indian subcontinent

We'd give it some set of coordinates. Easy enough. this certainly works:

Between the mountain/swamp-line to the west and the two jungle square between mountains and ocean to the east?

Well. Tell me of anything unrelated to modding I could do to help you and I would be willing to do it.

How about it starts one tile East of the Indus and ends to where the South East Asia starts. This leaves room for the Muslims (Iran, Pakistan, Afghanistan) around and west of Indus. And to the east it stops where south east asia starts to dip

How about it starts one tile East of the Indus and ends to where the South East Asia starts. This leaves room for the Muslims (Iran, Pakistan, Afghanistan) around and west of Indus. And to the east it stops where south east asia starts to dip

Sure.

But we're focusing on minutia here. There's more important stuff.

are u changing the spawn locations for china and India in ur mod; that would be best since since u could modifiy as u see fit

Brazil is worthy of adding, but as a Portuguese respawn (our map isn't large enough to really accommodate two civs in Iberia, let alone three).

Name: Safavids/Qajar/Iran
Leaders: (Ismāil I|Until 1742)(1742–1941: Mohammad Khan Qajar)(1941-:Mohammad Reza Shah Pahlavi)(If Government is Theocratic: Ruhollah Khomeini)
Leader Traits:
UU: Qizilbash (Rifleman, Starts with City Raider I)
UB: Caravanserai (Market with +30% :gold: +10% :culture:)
UP:
UHV:- Ensure Baghdad, Kabul, and Samarkand are 100% Persian in 1700 AD
- Make Islam the only Religion in Iran in 1750 AD
- Control all of The Arabian Peninsula, Jerusalem, and Anatolia in 1945 AD
Preferred Civic: (Shahs- Absolutism, Khomenini- Theocracy Equivilent)
Start: 1501 AD
End: N/A
-------------------------------
While I know it's supposed to be the Safavids, I incoroporated the Qajars and late Iran in this too for longevity's sake. UP and Traits have not been added because I'm lazy. I'm not sure if the Qizilbash ever used guns, but it wouldn't make much since, and they would have much of a use, if they we're made Maces or Pikes.

are u changing the spawn locations for china and India in ur mod; that would be best since since u could modifiy as u see fit

Yes, probably. However Indian and Chinese respawns will spawn in different locations. For example, for India the original location may be Pataliputra, but medieval or later rebirth would be in Delhi.

I'll consider it, although this seems a tad too kitchen-sink-mod-like.

Brazil is worthy of adding, but as a Portuguese respawn (our map isn't large enough to really accommodate two civs in Iberia, let alone three).

Possibly. And yes I agree, Iberia's too crowded as it is.

Name: Safavids/Qajar/Iran
Leader: (Ismāil I|Until 1742)(1742–1941: Mohammad Khan Qajar)(1941-:Mohammad Reza Shah Pahlavi)(If Government is Theocratic: Ruhollah Khomeini)
Leader Traits:
UU: Qizilbash (Musketman, Starts with City Raider I)
UB: Caravanserai (Market with +30% :gold: +10% :culture:)
UP:
UHV:- Ensure Baghdad, Kabul, and Samarkand are 100% Persian in 1700 AD
- Make Islam the only Religion in Iran in 1750 AD
- Control all of The Arabian Peninsula, Jerusalem, and Anatolia in 1945 AD
Preferred Civic: (Shahs- Absolutism, Khomenini- Theocracy Equivilent)
Start: 1501 AD
End: N/A
-------------------------------
While I know it's supposed to be the Safavids, I incoroporated the Qajars and late Iran in this too for longevity's sake. UP and Traits have not been added because I'm lazy. I'm not sure if the Qizilbash ever used guns, but it wouldn't make much since, and they would have much of a use, if they we're made Maces or Pikes.

As for the name, the default name would be Iran, but Qajar/ Safavids could be incorporated into the dynamic name changes.
As for the UU, the musketman is largely outdated/ about to become outdated by 1500.
As for the second UHV, this would put to use the Inquisitor unit for once. Nice. Although it might be too easy considering that Arabia's UP in DoC, which I'm porting over, is that it spreads Islam to conquered cities AND removes any other religions.

As for the name, the default name would be Iran, but Qajar/ Safavids could be incorporated into the dynamic name changes.
As for the UU, the musketman is largely outdated/ about to become outdated by 1500.
As for the second UHV, this would put to use the Inquisitor unit for once. Nice. Although it might be too easy considering that Arabia's UP in DoC, which I'm porting over, is that it spreads Islam to conquered cities AND removes any other religions.

Musketmen oudated in the 1500s? Really? Most of the time I don't see Rifles cropping up until the late 1600s/early 1700s. But if you say so, I'll change it to Riflemen.
Also, the Arab UP should probably be changed to eliminating only Christianity, as Jews and Muslims were actually close-ish allies up until the 1600s, and I don't know of any mass Islamic Conversions performed on Hindus/Buddhists, even by Timur. I could easily be wrong though.

Musketmen oudated in the 1500s? Really? Most of the time I don't see Rifles cropping up until the late 1600s/early 1700s. But if you say so, I'll change it to Riflemen.

I assume you play DoC, right? In a recent game the Italians had Bersagliere (infantry replacement) in 1700, and rifles since the 1500s.

Also, the Arab UP should probably be changed to eliminating only Christianity, as Jews and Muslims were actually close-ish allies up until the 1600s, and I don't know of any mass Islamic Conversions performed on Hindus/Buddhists, even by Timur. I could easily be wrong though.

Conversion by the sword, if you get my drift. There wouldn't be nearly as many Muslims in India, and Afghanistan would still be Hindu/ Buddhist if it weren't for the damned Mughals, Timurids, etc.

I assume you play DoC, right? In a recent game the Italians had Bersagliere (infantry replacement) in 1700, and rifles since the 1500s.

Woah, really? Alright then, Riflemen it is.

Conversion by the sword, if you get my drift. There wouldn't be nearly as many Muslims in India, and Afghanistan would still be Hindu/ Buddhist if it weren't for the damned Mughals, Timurids, etc.

Hm, I understand. Fair enough then. We may want to think about incorporating both Sunni and Shia similar to Catholic and Protestant. As UHV2 is supposed to symbolize the forced conversion of all Non-Shias in Persia.

Nonetheless, I'll work on a new UHV2.

Woah, really? Alright then, Riflemen it is.

Hm, I understand. Fair enough then. We may want to think about incorporating both Sunni and Shia similar to Catholic and Protestant. As UHV2 is supposed to symbolize the forced conversion of all Non-Shias in Persia.

Nonetheless, I'll work on a new UHV2.

Fitting another religion probably involves changing something in the dll, something that'd take more time. Think of a new UHV 2 for now, but I'm not barring adding a Sunni/ Shi'ite split sometime in the near future.

Guys, good news! I've managed to change the religion screen so we can fit more religions! Which ones do would you guys suggest?

A look at the new screen:

Some of the text blurs is jumbled up a bit but that should be easily fixable. This can support up to 19 religions by the way but I'd rather not have that many if I can avoid it. 10 or less is optimal.

Orthodoxy should be added and Judaism and Confucianism should be reinstated. maybe some sort of northern European Wicca thing could be added? or something representing the Aztec/Mayan beliefs?

Top Bottom