Land Ironclads

Androrc the Orc

Emperor
This mod incorporates the land ironclad line of units from the Empires of the Smoky Skies scenario into the game. They are unlocked by an alternate technology line, available after discovering steam power. The mod's features are:

- Land Ironclad, Landship and Land Leviathan units
- Luboric resource
- Eruptives, Landships, Infernal Combustion and Land Leviathan technologies
- Luboric Refinery building (which now, instead of providing luboric, provides a bonus to production and a bonus to production on luboric tiles)

Credits to sukritact for making the Luboric icon and font icon, to Pazyryk for discovering the method which eventually allowed me to add custom 3D resource graphics to the game, and to chrome-rome for making the Eruptives, Infernal Combustion and Luboric Refinery icons.

Requires Gods and Kings.

The mod is available both in the workshop and here in the database.

Download

This looks pretty interesting. Empires of the Smokey Skies is what convinced me to buy the expansion pack (I'm writing an AAR based on the experience). I kept thinking "I wish I could use these units in the regular game!"

Now all we need are Sky Fortresses and Airships! Wonder if you can base fighters/bombers on them.

The only disadvantage I see to this is that it somewhat replaces tanks. Unless of course you adjusted for that?

The only disadvantage I see to this is that it somewhat replaces tanks. Unless of course you adjusted for that?

They are in many ways better than tanks, until the modern armor comes about. The land ironclad tech line isn't required for any further techs, though, so that's an advantage for tanks. But at least the Land Leviathan can be upgraded to a Modern Armor if you get that later on.

Luboric is not a common resource, too, so although every civ may get land ironclads if they have the tech, not everyone may be able to build landships and land leviathans.

I keep crashing when I use this mod.

Latest attempt on Quick Speed had it crash on T73.

Please help.

I keep crashing when I use this mod.

Latest attempt on Quick Speed had it crash on T73.

Please help.

I think that that is happening because for the 3D Luboric resource graphics to work, I needed to check "Reload Landmark System" in the mod's options.

Try changing the \Land Ironclads (v 1).modinfo file, so that "ReloadLandmarkSystem" is set to 0. Hopefully that will fix the problem, but it will make Luboric invisible in the map (but it will otherwise work fine).

I think that that is happening because for the 3D Luboric resource graphics to work, I needed to check "Reload Landmark System" in the mod's options.

Try changing the \Land Ironclads (v 1).modinfo file, so that "ReloadLandmarkSystem" is set to 0. Hopefully that will fix the problem, but it will make Luboric invisible in the map (but it will otherwise work fine).

Danke, my current games are running almost crash-less now though further testing still required.

I can live without the Luboric resources on screen - there's always the refineries for making them.:lol:

As in the name of the tech. Combustion is by definition a chemical reaction that releases energy, causing a fire (an inferno). Therefore, all combustion is internal combustion. Not trying to deride you mod or anything, but I really think that you should change the name of the tech.

As in the name of the tech. Combustion is by definition a chemical reaction that releases energy, causing a fire (an inferno). Therefore, all combustion is internal combustion. Not trying to deride you mod or anything, but I really think that you should change the name of the tech.

Internal or Infernal?:confused:

Um, no. "Big fire" is not the main definition of the noun inferno, and the adjective infernal has little relationship.

Geez, it's a pun! Not an original one or anything, but I like it.

That name is the same as the one used in the official scenario ("Empires of the Smoky Skies"), and I agree with Nutty. Besides, even though all combustion releases energy, "Infernal Combustion" gives an idea of a higher degree of energy release and thus fire than merely "Combustion" would give.

Therefore, all combustion is internal combustion.
no. there are external and internal combustion types of engines. e.g. steam engine and petrol engine.
while "infernal combustion" is just a funny name for a fictional technology.

Top Bottom