RR11 - Takeshi's castle

Ok, time to report ...

The first things to do were to move the troops around to the ships and to Salzburg ( to visit a certain well know composer, OFC :D ). In 2 turns, we had the Vatican in the hands:
Spoiler :

With that it came the control of the papal chair. But the capture of Rome was enough to make charlie to kiss the ring:
Spoiler :

The AP election results
Spoiler :

This could be won easily via AP ... but no, we will not acept anything except the world at our feet.

Probably one of the last tech trades we will make in the game:
Spoiler :

Why? Rushmore and paratroopers

We got a GP ... a certain Roman pretty lost in it's way
Spoiler :

Not enough for other GA

BtW in tech terms, after finishing Electricity, I got to nukes:
Spoiler :

Never understood why Firaxis decided to twist the qoute Opperheimer was quoting ... it is "Khali , the destroyer of worlds" .... Khali is not death , simply the Xhivan destroying aspect. But I guess that Firaxis is somewhat short in Hindu theologicians nowadays .

Anyway it was time to knock on Louis door again:
Spoiler :

And the fight was not exactly fierce:
Spoiler :

Atleast this time the Frech had a good answer to the WW II " Pourquoi mourir pour Danzig?"
Spoiler :

Pretty decent

Anyway as france colapsed fast enough ( not even time to capture Paris ), I decided to settle some scores from the Bizantine war:
Spoiler :

This had a reason: Izzy was starting to upgrade to Infantry. If i had waited even 1 turn things would be surely harder

Second AP vote:
Spoiler :

No vote chosen

Rocketry in. I queued Industrialism
Spoiler :

Now we only need to manhattan to finish to make some fireworks for our american friends

And the $&#$%%$% Spanish queen, in spite of being broken in two turns, forced me to march onto Santiago until she was willing to talk
Spoiler :

Anyway, for the next set, I let this disposition of troops to attack the beefs
Spoiler :

Most of the units are unmoved ( in spite of the red button is shown ). There are also fighters in Paris

I made a air recon and the brits have no tanks, no airforce ( not even airships ) and a single destroyer in London. Easy work.

Thy is up, maybe nocho will have something to do after him :D

why are you using an external storage site, rolo?

My CFC account is full with saves I don't want to erase ( mainly LHC saves and some SGs I know people still go to check from time to time ). It is not a perfect solution, but it will have to do :(

Ah...didn't realize it could get full like that..

We have plenty of units. We can run several back to Moscow and it should be fine. I meant for us to keep a few infra fortified in the city. Kiev could use 1 or 2 more units.

Ok, updated the report

There is no great need for plan: smash the brits , wait 5 turns for manhattan, get 8 nukes, deliver fireworks to Monty and HC. Simple enough :D

Ok.. The most important picture first:

I won't give a full report anymore, as I'm pretty sure noone is really interested to read a mob up report... So only the interesing stuff:

Before hitting Enter I DoWed Lizzy:
Spoiler :

As expected:
Spoiler :

1906:
Next english city:
Spoiler :

And once again as expected:
Spoiler :

Meanwhile I started to fly some troops over to America so in 1909 I DoWed the next one:
Spoiler :

And on we go:
Spoiler :

1910:
Manhatten build and some more of Mountie's cities fell:
Spoiler :

To speed things up the final DoW:
Spoiler :

1911:
Mountie's Cap fell soon after and finally he decided to do something senseful:
Spoiler :

1912:
Here we go for Inca's land:
Spoiler :

1913:
After this city
Spoiler :

and auto-raising another one he finally went the right way:
Spoiler :

So here we are:
Spoiler :

Added the save the turn before the final Enter..

Thank you for this fun game :clap::worship:
And on with anotherone!!!!

Attachments

• RR11 - Takeshi's Castle AD-1913.CivBeyondSwordSave
    962.9 KB · Views: 109
Nice finish, Thy.

Once we got China, I guess this game was basically won. Oh wait, that was after the first turnset! :lol:

Way to bring it home, Thy!!! good game, fellas!

Now on to the next Rolo variant and some more ass whuppin'

Ass what ? :D Next one will be cloak and dagger, with lot of work in the shadows :p

Congrats people. This went a little smoother than I thinked, in spite of the European last stand (TM) . The conquest of China in the first sets was pivotal and without China around, nobody except the Europeans had the potential to be a threat. To be honest i guess that I should had chosen Saladin for this, that is genuinely hard ( you are playing Deity, with most of Europe in war with you and with them playing Chieftain or warlord ... and you will lose cities even before you have a chance to play ( Cordoba normally falls before you can do anything about it ) ) or Korea ( China in one side, Japan in the other ... and the mongol invasion. Maybe somewhere in the future.

Anyway, I'll start the next game this weekend. Stay tuned.

Just to discuss a bit on our next leader.. I don't like to go this game with gilga once again.. He's got a really good UU but I'm not sure whether we'll need it, as axe-rush won't be possible this time. And his early UB is nice but not needed that badly!
I'd purpose Zara, as his creative will help a lot within our new cities and reduces the costs of the libs for even more fast cultural expansion. And his UB seems to be perfect for this variant!

Top Bottom