Unit Request-Medieval Archer

Yoda Power

✫✫✫✫✫✫✫
This unit should come in between the normal archer and and the longbowman/crossbowman. Many mods could use it too im sure. There is made a Robin Hood unit, but I think it looks a bit to specific, we need a generic one.

Some examples of what I would like, 3 is my own favourite:)

1.)
2.)
3.)

yeah zulu´s is pretty nice too:)

heres another....

Attachments

• 1099_face.jpg
    1099_face.jpg
    7.5 KB · Views: 340
How about embryodeads wood elf archer? (it was embryodead right?) Just as a stand in until there is a unit like this?

Originally posted by Tathlum
How about embryodeads wood elf archer? (it was embryodead right?) Just as a stand in until there is a unit like this?
I tought about that one too, but it looks too elvish.

Notice that im looking for a unit thats not late medieval. This should be more for the Dark Age(pre 1150):)

All four suggestions are really nice and worth considering. We can even assign them to different cultures!

I think all four is a bit to much to ask for, but hey if anyone is up for it:rolleyes:

just as a note, the first picture is best- it applies to the most cultures that used a model of archer as such- it looks like its a western european, perhaps Norman based archer, but would certainlly be the best medieval archer replacement for European, and Med. civs (barring Egypt)

Xen actually Med. unit look more like this(see attached pic), I know its a crossbowman, but he has the right look anyway. That first Archer is Viking, and I think he looks very Scandinavian to me. Ilike the 3rd one best, because it is the one that looks most generic IMHO.

I thought your birthday was tomorrow but in any case :

:bday:

But that is all you are gonna get from me :( Too many units in the works right now !
Now you will get the French Longbowman sometimes, in the future.... :)

Originally posted by LouLong
I thought your birthday was tomorrow but in any case :

:bday:

But that is all you are gonna get from me :( Too many units in the works right now !
Now you will get the French Longbowman sometimes, in the future.... :)
Cant you read I said tomorrow:p

The French Longbow is gonna be nice, but not exactly very Dark Age alike(and it will look too french), which is too bad:(

Originally posted by Yoda Power
Xen actually Med. unit look more like this(see attached pic), I know its a crossbowman, but he has the right look anyway. That first Archer is Viking, and I think he looks very Scandinavian to me. Ilike the 3rd one best, because it is the one that looks most generic IMHO.

well, it depends on what area you know ;)- your archer in his pany hose is perfectlly fine for the high middle ages- but I prefer the rough and tough dark ages for my medieval units ;)

I want a dark age acher too, I just dont think the first guy looks very generic.

Top Bottom