[MoM] Masters of Madness

The war against the Elohim was going great, we had just captured a city from the threacherous bastards. Then Perpentach's personality changed once more.

" My Liege, we should continue the hostilities with the Elohim as soon as our troops are healed "

" Ah yes, the war... so inconvenient. There's so many questions to ask, so many more carnivals to build, so many things to optimize in our empire... This war bores me. Let's see what those annoying pilgrims are willing to give for peace "

"That will do. Let them bask in their security, we'll decide when to strike and how to do it. Our sages are busy studying ancient knowledge, and soon we'll be able to mount a more ... entertaining force. Perhaps enslaving their general populace will bring some fun to our carnivals " :mischief:

Slaves are always useful, and so we sacrifice some to quickly build a monument in the newly captured city.

We also got lucky and find some orcish slaves, nice. Variety is the spice of life :crazyeye:

The Sheaim are destroyed by the Luchuirp. Keelyn will be sad to know there won't be any demons around soon... hopefully she won't have an imp chew on our nose. :(

Our goal in these years is simple: take advantage as much as possible of Perpentach's current disposition to quickly build those buildings he's currently obsessed about, before he turns into some homicidal madman or something worse.

This amused Perpy to no end, and if he's happy we're happy :mischief:

A great sage is born, he'll build an academy in Argenteria who'll soon become our second sage district. Mimics are fun, but... don't forget harlequins, taskmasters, and courtesans ;)

We want an Arena in our new city, the culture will be useful to push back the Elohim influence while we get ready to take what we want from them. Time for some slave mass sacrifice!

Excellent! those orcish slaves will go very nicely against the human ones in our other cities :mischief:

Et Voilà! Arena almost built, maybe a carnival next? :mischief:

Jubilee and Gaudium get a dwarf, elf AND orc cage in the same year. In the meanwhile, our new academy is built :goodjob:

Unfortunately we notice we can't build a sage district in Argenteria due to the barracks already there. Very well then, Argenteria shall become a noble district and our academy will allow us to employ sages :mischief:

And another slave rush to quickly build a carnival...

Sadly our sea serpent gets swarmed and killed before he can circumnavigate the world :(

We vote to setup a smuggling ring, which will bring even more money to our coffers. we truly are Mammon's chosen people!

Time to move onto the next player... here's a pic of how we're going to win this game: once we get harlequins ( taunt ) and mimics we should be in a good position to bring it home ;)

Attachments

• Team MoM AD-0268.CivBeyondSwordSave
    514.4 KB · Views: 37
Ahh! I had forgotten that the barrack prevents the Sage disctrict. I usually pick my city specialization very early so did not really run in this issue before :p

Ok, Got the save!

So, we will use the Epic Destiny to win? Woookay!

We get +1 for unit mutated if training Freak, right? If yes, then we should do Gekko's idea : building Freaks and upgrading it to Mimic/Harlequin/Archer. We'll need plenty of gold to do it, though. Moar merchant district, please! :lol:

BTW, what is that pink icon in the 8th picture? Build Elf Cage? Have you report it in Master of Mana's forum?

It started as a relatively boring infrastructure building sequence with no more than a few obscure random events to break the monotony.

By that i mean stuff like this:
Spoiler :

And of course stuff like this:

Spoiler :

But then Perpentach decided to use a more or less "well known" exploit to gain some bonus faith.

By spreading the fellowship of the leave to some random city, the faith counter rises high enough for the mind sapling advance to be researched. Perpentach is, of couse, very pleased.

Spoiler :

Sabathiel, of the Bannor, however, is NOT pleased. He asks us for stuff.
He is turned down and we now have a very large hate toward him, the bastard. :mad:
Spoiler :

Then Sandalpon proves that the world is round. This knowledge is of course wasted on such a shady character...
Spoiler :

This was a somewhat confusing period for Perpentach, he was not sure any more of many things. He hated others, but did not wish to fight them, he loved money, but did not know what to do with it.

However, he was feeling rather confident about his desire to see his empire expand.

To make this happen he had regrouped an army of sort with the capability to totally own wild Pachydermic beasts. Room hence created, he used his expensive personality as a basis for creating a new city.

Spoiler :

It also needs to be said that Perpentach was pushing maritime research at this time. Newly constructed boats allowed a part of the army to raid some unoccupied peninsula at the west of lady Ethne's lands.
Spoiler :

Now Perpentach was fed up, he wanted proper mages, no more noobish adepts.
Spoiler :

A new, very cruel Hero was created, Saverous!!!!
Spoiler :

Our long range parrot explorer meets a new neighbor, the Luchuirp... We decide to do some lucrative trading with them...
Spoiler :

We also feel that Lady Ethne is giving us some intolerant symptoms. We threaten her and she agrees to pay a new 150 GP tribute, she can live... For now...
Spoiler :

The North western peninsula's Orc fort is destroyed, result is 1143 stones, pretty useful this shall be.
Spoiler :

We then finance trouble and dissidence across Erebus, FTW!
Spoiler :

And after our Ninja archers clear the last Pachyderm, a new city is founded in the north western peninsula.

Spoiler :

A new great artist appears and a Golden age is started.
Spoiler :

Then this.
Spoiler :

Then this. ( Dockyard FTW!!! )
Spoiler :

This guy is annoying but he is unable to move, Epic aquatiic huntrer should take care.
Spoiler :

We find those Bannor to be really offensive so we ask compensation for the insults, they refuse. They must perish. :mad:
Spoiler :

Mathematics...
Spoiler :

To finish this round with beauty, a third city is founded and the economy is back in the glorious Negative :D .
Spoiler :

Note for next player: I upgraded all adepts to mages, I built many construction yards, switched civic to Warrior caste during the golden age, made quite a bunch of freak->Archers to garisson the cities. I did not lose a single troop and had a few of our veterans gain a level. Also, I actually played almost 21 turns, sorry about that but i really wanted to get the third city done before the end. :p

Now its late and im dead, Gnight :D

Edit: And here,s the save :D

Attachments

• Team MoM AD-0289.CivBeyondSwordSave
    556.2 KB · Views: 36
Sorry folks, missclicked " post message " before i was done :p , will edit this message when im finished.

Edit: Ok, previous posts is completed, very low quality writting compared to what i usually try to do but the data is there , :lol:

yep esvath, I've already reported the missing icon.

Aline, please report the Halls of Mirrors exploit to Sephi ;)

now I'll read MaxWar's report :D

we need Erosion spellresearch to get rid of some of those nasty peaks in our new cities' BFC ;)

I think it is allredy reportet.
Maybe it needs a bumb though, same as the Bannor explorit i found a while ago. :S

Morning people :D

I just wanted to add a few details i had not precised last night.

There is a live goblin fort between the two eastern most new cities. I removed the forest off it and started using it to train rookies. Do not let the goblins surprise you :lol:

Also note that there is a sea serpent in our fish patch in the city that was taken from Lady Ethne. It is unable to move but that thing is still alive.

Oh and the personality changed again, back to creative iirc.

Ah well not many things happen, i basicly fixed the ecconomy that you guys crashed, some other stuff happend aswell.

Oh wait you whant to know what... fine...

Yeah sure why not.
Spoiler :

Saverous angry.. Saverous smash!
Spoiler :

We discover willpower and trade
Spoiler :

We got this far, we might as well go for archmages even though they are far less usefull than they used to be. :S
Oh and i got rid of that nasty snake.
Spoiler :

Tradeing with a fellow overlords follower.
He also started beating up the Illians at some point, nice to see the Lurchis doing well.
Spoiler :

Not the most usefull wonder but with all the costal citys it might be worth it anyways, so i decided i would give the compass a try.
Spoiler :

Culture bomb incomeing!
Spoiler :

Ok guys i realy dont know how well the AI handles the mercurians, they used to suck in base FFH and WM, Tholal turned them in to monsters(i remember getting totaly owned by an order clan/mercurian once) so we might whant to be nice to the Bannor just to be sure.
Spoiler :

But we are still ahead powerwise, only the Lurchis beat us to it, so i suppose we are save for now.
Spoiler :

One of our ships found a large island to the north.
And the compass is done.
Spoiler :

Some pirates attack but deal no real damage, the illusion from the hall of mirrors acctual manages to capture their ship. ^^
Oh and some other event related to a shipyard.
Spoiler :

Oh look who i found.
Spoiler :

That was a realy booooooooooooooring turnset, i got us to +30 something gold and built some stuff, we should decide on a cource of action, my vote is on killing the Elohim for good.
Nothign else realy happend.... by the way, where is that sea serpent i found the last time?

View attachment Team MoM AD-0309.CivBeyondSwordSave

i basicly fixed the ecconomy that you guys crashed,

:D
I am a compulsive expansionist.

In my last game i was the Bannor and had several enemies. The Mercurians basically did absolutely nothing at all. Once in a while i lost a unit and it said that it was resurrected to the Mercurians or something.

And sorry Aline, but your pet sea serpent died :(
Apparently he was trying to prove the world is round and got eaten by something along the way.

Edit: And I agree about killing the Elohim, of course. And the Bannor must die too, but Lady Ethne first.

nice! all that expansion actually wasn't a bad idea since we were expansive at the time ;)

although those cities are not the best :/

sadly the sea serpent got overwhelmed by MOAR barb sea serpents and died when he was about to circumnavigate the world.

Aline you should have declared on the Elohim if we were getting bored :D

[to_xp]Gekko;11301689 said:
although those cities are not the best :/

I wanted to settle the spot with two gold at the south but the Bannor took it first :mad:

There are some good spots on the nearby islands, including incense, but the wilderness is pretty dense there. I started training some new hunters, allosauri has been seen. :shifty:

We should definitely go to war with someone, that would stifle my lust for building expansions, for a while.

Guys, I got CTD whenever I tried to enter arcane screen, tech advisor screen or spell research screen. Also each waiting on the other civs have become tedious to wait :( [that's why I play with Lake maps; Lake is a little bit smaller and does not consume too many memory :lol:]

I guess I have to upgrade my RAM soon; I think I have to quit this game, before I corrupted a save game. I still can lurk and comment in here :D

Sorry.

Nah, go ahead, continue with this game. I'd love to see Balseraphs kick some Elohim rear-end, while fulfilling their ED :lol: Next time, we can try playing a game in Lakes. Large Lakes with high water make a nice map. I usually play with this setting ;)

Spoiler :
My computer spec : Asus A43S, core i3, 2GB RAM, Win 7 32 bit, NVIDIA GeForce GT 520M 1GB, I want to buy more RAM, I hope that will help.

Ack! This is sad news :(

Yes your computer needs more Ram :p

I cannot really play today either. Well, not before 10-11 pm at my local time. That would probably not leave me enough time to play and write the report in one go.

Maybe we are due to skipping a day, i can play tommorrow np.

But lets finnish the game! Then we can start a new once with different settings.

Top Bottom