Jungo Jungo
Choose Your Own Adventure
A 40 Civ story by Yoshiegg737

Played on Noble
Played Using: Boudica of Celtia

:D Where lurk mode is not suggested :D

NEXT STORY UPDATE: Voting is open!

INTRODUCTION

Although my first story isn't done yet (I'll finish it first, don't worry) I've decided to begin the thread for my next story which (I think) will be better than my first story in plot and interactivity. This story will use the "Rise of Mankind" Mod by Afforess (Heavily edited by me). As it says, this is a choose your own adventure story. For those of you who are not familiar with choose your adventure, it's a type of story that allows you to decide what happens next at certain points where a choice is given for what a character should do. This is a CivIV story so your decisions will not only affects what happens in the story, it will also affect how I will play.

INSTRUCTIONS (Please read if you would like to make decisions)

I'll keep this brief. If your short on time you can read the first few sentences if you want. Basically, at the end of certain chapters (I plan on all of them but...you never know) a selection of a, b, c, or d will be provided. To vote, simply post a letter (if you want to post more, that's ok). For the story to continue, 5 votes must be posted. If there are more, only the first 5 will count. If there are less, the story will not continue (unless I feel like it). Lurk mode is not advised :). (Impatiant people, you may go now). How will your choice affect the story? Each decision will affect the main character's personality and each personality will affect which victory I will go for.

These are the four personalities and victory conditions:

Violent - The main character is violent and most likely a good fighter. Conquest will be the victory I will go for.
Religious - The main character is very religious. Religious will be the victory condition I will go for.
Intelligent - The main character is curious and smart. Space Race will be the victory I will go for.
Friendly - The main character is happy, friendly, and dislikes war. Cultural will be the victory I will go for.

What will the choices be like? They won't be as obvious as: What will Tim do today? Will he: a) Read a book (Intelligent) b) Do religious practices (Religious). No. They will be hard to guess. Like if one decision was for Tim to go to the mall, at the mall he could meet a warrior (Violent and yeah that made no sense to meet a warrior in a mall) the decision would only say a) Go to the mall. Would you have thought that would make the story violent?

YOU READ EVERYTHING ELSE! CONGRATULATIONS!

Now you have to wait for updates! Hurray! Remember, no lurk mode please ;)

Also: The story will only be written in half play style so it won't look completly like my first story. You will see. Those of you who liked my first method of writing my story will like this one too (I hope). And about my selection of Boudica? Story reasons ;)

Feel free to comment now until the story begins (although comments inbetween chapters are nice too)

OPENING CREDITS:

Afforess - For the Mod
Everyone who contributed to that Mod
People who posted stories before - INSPIRATION!
Arc Rise Fantasia - For being the best RPG EVER and for my city names :D
The Choose Your Own Adventure series for...well...that's obvious
No credit to Shakespeare this time :D

THESE ARE THE NEW SETTINGS FOR THE GAME:
Spoiler :
Map: Terra
Size: Small
Number of Civilizations: 40 (No duh)
The Following Options are Enabled:
Permanent Alliances
Advanced Nukes
Modern Corporations
Guilds
Historical Wonders
Early Buildings
Civic Buildings
Meteorology
Arctic and City Parks
Expanded Castles
Advanced Espionage
United Nations
Realistic Corporations
Advanced Economy
Larger Cities
Great Commanders
Final Five
Assimilation
Barbarian Generals
Unlimited Wonders
Surround and Destroy
Usable Mountains
Advanced Diplomacy
Multiple Production
Multiple Research

:DEnjoy:D

THE PERSONALITY CHART
These charts will show what choices ended up on what personalities at the moment. For no spoilers, don't read them!

Current Personality
Spoiler :
Violent = 3
Religious = 1
Intelligent = 4
Friendly = 2

THE DEATH CHART
The chart that shows us how many times we have died. If we die more than 5 times, we will end up with the "bad" ending (There's 5 different endings btw).

Spoiler :
Times we have died = 0

Chapter 1: Choice 1
Spoiler :
1. Violent. Niko and Iris are attacked at flower hill
3. Religious. Niko helps to build the Stonehenge. He is injured while working and is kidnapped by Isabella, who think's that hes the sky god's human form
4. Friendly. Niko get's interrupted at the beach by Gaillic, who asks him to get some wood from the forest. In the forest, he meets a lost girl and helps her find her way home

Chapter 1: Choice 2
Spoiler :
1. Religious. Niko climbs the tree and see's Diamant. He also sees the finished Stonehenge
2. Violent. Iris annoys Niko even more while they walk the river. In anger, he pushes her into the river. He then jumps in to save her but they both end up going off a waterfall. Iris is injured in the fall
4. Friendly. Basically, they talk and end up walking in a random direction.

Chapter 1: Choice 3

Spoiler :
1. Intelligent
2. Violent
3. Religious

This time, they all lead the same way. This choice only affects Niko's personality

Chapter 1: Choice 4

Spoiler :
1. Friendly. They blend into the crowd and escape the Spanish
2. Intelligent. They hide in the clothing store and...well...Niko becomes more intelligent because they meet one of Cleo's friends
3. Religious. They are caught by Spanish priests, but escape

Chapter 2: Choice 1 (Survival)

Spoiler :
1. You die. Niko runs after Iris but the shadow panther blocks his path then kills him
3. You die. Niko, Cleo, and Zuberi all go inside a house. The house then collapses when a tree falls on it and everybody dies.
4. Violent and Intelligent. Niko goes off on his own and get's cornered by the shadow panther. Unlike choice #1, Niko spot's a candle neaby and uses it. The future update will explain how this worked

Chapter 2: Choice 2

Spoiler :
2. Violent. Self explanatory. Niko throws the stone at the guards which allows Zuberi to break free
3. Friendly. Niko wears the hard hat and attempts to reason with the guards and causes the guards to release Zuberi and flee the city
4. Religious. Gaillic attempts to use his complicated diplomacy and talks about religion, which confuses the guards. Zuberi breaks free in the confusion

Chapter 2: Choice 3

Spoiler :
All junctions lead to the same outcome this time. It just affects Niko's personality

1. Intelligent
2. Religious
4. Friendly

Chapter 2: Choice 4 (Survival)

Spoiler :

1. Friendly and Religious. Don't ask me why this is religious, I had no other place to put it :p. Anyway, Niko and Gaillic kick over the crate of Apples, tripping the guards. They then escape by the same method as the next update.
3. You die. Niko throws the crate at the spearmen. It misses and the spearmen kill Niko and Gaillic.
4. You die. You run towards the gate while holding the crate. Basically, nothing happens and Niko and Gaillic are killed by the spearmen.

I want a cultural victory! :(

Great idea, but shouldn't Friendly be diplo instead of space? Anyway, your choice, not mine. Just a suggestion.

:newyear:

CULTURE! CULTURE! CULTURE!

*Starts riot*

Make it 6 sammichs and you've got yourself a deal.

I want an intelligent leader.
Intelligent means someone like Ghandi? (Too intelligent?) Yes, it is true that I chose Boudica but that doesn't necessarily mean I write according to her in-game personality (happy Montezuma? Maybe that's going a little too far)

I also want to follow the bandwagon and join the riot.
AHHHHHH REVOLT!!!!!

I don't really want to add a new personality for a cultural victory. 4 choices and 5 votes allowed is good otherwise I would have to make it 5 choices and 7 votes (6 may end up with 3-3 votes).

I'll consider changing the Friendly victory to cultural, though. I'll even throw in 6 sammiches

Intelligent means someone like Ghandi? (Too intelligent?) Yes, it is true that I chose Boudica but that doesn't necessarily mean I write according to her in-game personality (happy Montezuma? Maybe that's going a little too far)
A non-cautious Tokugawa would be taking it to far. By intelligent I was voting on the 4 leader types you gave.

Has the voting started yet?

A non-cautious Tokugawa would be taking it to far. By intelligent I was voting on the 4 leader types you gave.
Ah, I see. It will be hard to determine which one will be intelligent I can tell you that ;)

Actually, I noticed that you said leader types. I think I might have forgotten to put this on the first post...

Boudica is NOT the main character :D

I wanted to try something that is more "Story" and a bit less "I built this wonder! Now I have to commit a whole post talking about this wonder! Wait! I built another wonder and I discovered this technology! Now I have to talk about all that!"

Of course, it's still a civ story but I want to try and make a more...planned out plot than my last one where I kind of threw it together on the fly :D

Has the voting started yet?
No. I'm finishing my first story first (although I am getting a little bored with writing that one. I dislike leaving unfinished stories)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom