Fairy Tale 2

Le Sage

Emperor
Civilization V is just a few days away now! Yay!

There will be a Fairy Tale 2 mod for Civilization V. This future mod will further develop the universe created with Fairy Tale 1 and it will be a stunner, just like this one. As usual, the point will not be to change the entire gameplay of the Civilization game, but rather, supply the player with an alternate gaming world and setting; the fairy tale slash fantasy cliché ideas will be implemented to the fullest in the future one as well.

The next generation of Fairy Tale will be made in cooperation with the Fairy Tale composer Zero-Project, who has already composed an entire new album, which I can also use in the game. His music this time around is based entirely on the Fairy Tale game and lore and you should all hear what he has come up with, because it's really genius game music! I am also already investigating different methods of creating leader portraits, for the Oblivion ones used in this old one won't do anymore.

Civilization V is released in Europe on September 24. I have taken a week off from work even. I will then get to know the new game and start investigating the modding tools supplied. Support and updates for Fairy Tale 1 will not end. No-no. I will continue to build this old mod as well, since it's not finished yet. Fairy Tale 2 will just be my other project.

Wow, you took off a week from work because the release of CivV? :D:D
You are really enthusiastic ;)

I guess you have the same work morale as me :D

This is what I am doing right now - importing the maps from Fairy Tale 1 into Civilization 5. This is the very first look of what will eventually be Fairy Tale 2.

As it looks now, it will be hard-pressed to await Fairy Tale 2 for Civilization 5. I don't like the game. Period. I am seriously disappointed in Civ5 right now. I haven't played it for one single hour this last week and that just shows how much I like it. Instead i have been playing and modding Oblivion, but Civ5 just has no pull on me whatsoever.

There are going to be patches for Civ5 and if things don't get better, I will take Fairy Tale 2 elsewhere to another game which I at least like.

right now I consider Civ5 a monumental failure, the end of a great series, annoying and irritating in its very existence and a really laughable crappy game. I am steamed. For me personally it also means wasted energy and expectations, and fifty Euros down the bleeding toilet.

As it stands, Fairy Tale 2, and all my other modding as well, will find another game.

Why not stick with Fairy Tale for Civ4Bts? As it is, I think it can still be improved a lot since you aren't going to focus on Fairy Tale II for Civ5 at this time.

I haven't bought Civ5, though I've seen a lot of complaint about it in the forum. However, to balance it out, some other players seem rather enjoying it, but I guess it's just different players looking for different gameplay.

Just curious, LeSage,

Are you actually modding the game Oblivion or is Oblivion just another mod your are doing for Civ 4?

As for Civ 5, still havent bought it yet. Gotta get a new machine first. Hopefully by the time that happens, it will be reduced in price. One can hope right?

I remember when I started playing Civ 4, I didnt care for it much right off after Civ III. But once I found how it all works out, I got back into it. Give Civ 5 more than a few chances. After all, it is supposed to be different from Civ 4.

Just my 2 cents worth.

Why not stick with Fairy Tale for Civ4Bts? As it is, I think it can still be improved a lot since you aren't going to focus on Fairy Tale II for Civ5 at this time.

I haven't bought Civ5, though I've seen a lot of complaint about it in the forum. However, to balance it out, some other players seem rather enjoying it, but I guess it's just different players looking for different gameplay.

Yep, totally agreed with this. This is the way Le Sage
Civ IV is the game you should continue to mod.
Maybe you will like Civ V more after 17 patches, 2-3 expansion packs, and countless DLCs :vomit:, but there is no guarantee. And of course it's years away :mischief:

So get back to perfecting Fairy Tale for the best Civiliization game instead :)

I am actually looking around for other games to bring my attention. Among other things, I've looked at Mount and Blade Warband, which is an interesting game, but looks really ugly. I also have to try out Elemental War of Magic, which HighwayHoss recommended way before Kael was signed onto that project!

In the meantime, I will let off another patch for Fairy Tale soon and i do continue to mod Oblivion. I mod mostly towns and landscape for Oblivion and I have a big town in development right now which is taking a lot of my attention. Here are two of my previous Oblivion Mods if anyone's interested: Runestone Village and Mage's Cross.

I wouldn't bother with Elemental, at least not yet. It might be good after a year's worth of patches, but at the moment it's basically unplayable. Will be interesting to see what effect Kael has on the whole game, for sure.

I think that you should actually perfect this mod first, mainly since I play more Civ4 than CivV... it will be a long time until CivV reaches the perfectionism of our community's Civ4 modding, so until then, I say continiue with Civ4, though I am sure not against Fairy Tale 2 ;)

Hey everybody! Sorry for the long silence but I've been taking a break from Fairy Tale to relax a bit and recharge. I've been thinking of maybe building a new base mod for FT from the ground up to sort of get rid of the excess and start fresh....what do you think?

Also in personal news I GOT ME A NEW TRUCK.....my olf Freightliner classic got retired so now I am driving a BRAND NEW 2010 International PRoStar Eagle! It is really nice!

Also in personal news I GOT ME A NEW TRUCK.....my olf Freightliner classic got retired so now I am driving a BRAND NEW 2010 International PRoStar Eagle! It is really nice!

Pardon me dear sir, but I have no idea what you are talking about... :lol:

HighwayHoss. Hey! Yeah. It would be a great idea. I am currently doing Civ5 myself, although initial disappointments in the game. I've done some maps of Fairy Tale and also begun Fairy Tale 2 as a mod in the ModBuddy.

Building Fairy Tale1 from the ground up would be really great, but time-consuming.

VeBear, I know exactly what he's talking about and I also know why he's proud and want to share! :)

Oh. By the way. Here's the first map of the Fairy Tale World for Civ5 if anyone's interested. Not much yet, but this is the start.

Fairy Tale 2

The Empire, this beacon of Civilization in the entire world, this enormous Imperial Union, stood as the lone glorious defender of values, morals, chivalry and good for a thousand years. Its glory and Liberty shone upon the other nations around it and peace and prosperity reigned under the shields of the Imperial Armies and the Order of its religions, philosophies, sciences and the strength of its unbreakable union. The Goddess of Evil, Marana the Great, had tried and tested the world and brought war and destruction upon it, but it had been the Empire that finally defeated her. She was banished to her realms in the Underground, and a Golden Age reigned upon the Earth, from North to South and East to West, with the Imperial Iron Rose Banner fluttering in the middle. There she had no business, Marana, in the peaceful world of the Empire.

The Empire flourished and spread, but the memories of Marana and the defeat of her faded and with that, the people slowly fell into decay. Morals and ethics were torn apart and the state stopped being the beacon of Liberty it was supposed to be and instead became a tyranny ruled by a few and for a few. At this moment Marana again grabbed the situation and sent her servants to walk the Earth again; in the wilderness and uncharted territories she spawned massive nations of beasts, trolls and barbarians which the Imperial Army could not withstand as the dark masses of Marana's hordes soon started to press on the borders of the Civilized World. This outer threat, combined with the inner breakup sealed the fate of the once proud and shining Empire and local warlords and generals were quick to take the opportunity. The Empire slowly broke up into small states and the old borders from a thousand years before were drawn again. The Beautiful Elves fought the warlike Norse and the Amazon Crystallin fought the knights of the Principality in bloody engagements that had not been seen on the face of the Earth for a thousand years. Again enemies were created amongst natural brothers.

Marana celebrated in her burning hell during those days as she saw that the world was near its destruction. She sent forth her best warlords to lead the new attack on the civilized world and take advantage of the civil wars. Hordes of evil dark demonic battalions and riding skeletal squadrons with advanced machinery of war never before seen set the march forward to strike the last nail in the coffin of Civilization; they set the march East, towards Amaranth, the Golden City of the Empire that towers up in the middle of the civilized world and the last outpost of the Golden Era that once was. The World was facing its greatest threat yet, the total destruction of everything good, holy, civilized and moral. The World stood on the threshold of the Dark Ages.

Fairy Tale 2 for Civilization 5 will take up a thousand years after the Great Wars which are related in Fairy Tale for Civ4. The next instalment will tell the story of the Fall of the Empire and the Dark Ages. The Full title of the game will be Fairy Tale 2 The Dark Ages.

So if I understand right the real world comparison period would be:
Late Medieval - Stop just before Industrial Revolution
Which means that Gunpowder (or some other resource we have never before heard of) enters the world.

Just a though for you HighwayHoss. What about Vestalla? My proposal is that the state still exists in the sense of HRE in its late stage, which means many Duchys and Republics and so on all "ruled" by a Vestallian emperor without any real power, which means that they could be made different civs (Kingdom of Vestalla (the only terretory actually governed by the king), Lordship of Eastrrrikir (eastern dwarves), Republic of Thorshammir (western dwarves) etc. etc.). A lot of infight and dynstic rivalry is the end of the old Kingdom. What is your idea about this?

No. There will be no steam machines or other such things that take us out of the Fairy Tale era. My plan is to make this mod even more Fairy Tale and try to make it LESS fantasy. This needs thinking still, but bits of this can be achieved with graphical effects too, like making the landscape brighter, more cartoonish and also making the units cartoon-like (which is really easy - just make six soldiers in a battalion instead of twelve and size them up, and - poof - cartoon!).

Also, it is important what units I include and what the nations look like. In Fairy Tale 1 everything is just Fantasy and nothing is actually Fairy Tale, except the Princess and knights fighting Dragons. With Fairy Tale 2 I will try to achieve and even stronger Fairy Tale atmosphere, by emphasizing castles, princesses, dragons, knights and all that, and really trying to get away from Orcs and Ogres.

But don't worry. The Dark Side, the nations under Marana's Rule will still be made up of Trolls, Dark Knights, Skeletal Warriors and the like and they might even have an own terrain style which will colour the world darker and more frightening than that of the Light Side (in lack of better titles). The Dark Side will inevitably have influences from Dark Fantasy.

What Fairy Tale needs is something to distinguish it from all the thousands of Fantasy mods that will be developed. I can easily count to five or six development threads for fantasy mods already. Fairy Tale 2 will not even try to be the biggest, baddest Fantasy mod, hell, it won't even try to be unique or original. Instead it will be following the same successful concept as Fairy Tale 1; to try and be as stereotypical as possible and to paste all unoriginal ideas possible and try to get them into the game; princesses and knights fighting dragons. I will also be keeping an eye on the other Fantasy mods, and general Civ5 mods, and properly steal their best ideas and implementations and tweak them to fit my own creation. Of course.

Vestalla will still exist as a major power in the West. I might place it under Marana's Rule, or I might turn it into the last outpost of Fairy Tale Civilization in the west, under siege by Marana's Legions. We'll see.

Oh dear. Now I'm going into design details that I shouldn't even be considering at this point yet, since the mod is de facto really just an assortment of maps and an .xml to keep the game within the Middle Ages at this point in time, but it seems like I just wrote down the frst draft for a design document without even realizing it. :lol:

Just an idea to make Fairy Tale 1 a bit more interesting:
Add a new quest similar to the 'capture city within a certain amount of turns to gain resource' quest, though this time it is 'save the princess held princess in this city within a certain amount of turns' quest.

I am so looking forward to pasting the Donkey unit into the mod. It will be Fairy Tale's counterpart to the Giant Death Robot in vanilla Civilization 5. I must immediately put my request for the unit in the arts section on this forum. I bet there will be lots of graphics artists who will be jumping at the chance to create such a unit!

Top Bottom