Civ Of The Week

cybrxkhan

Asian Xwedodah
THIS WEEKS CIV:

VENEZUELA

Civ of the Week is a “project” aiming at bringing you a new, fresh, exotic, and most of all, random, civ every 1-2 weeks, from all corners of the globe, from the Vietnamese to the Mittanni to the Iraqis.
Each civilization will be available in vanilla and warlords, and will feature full civilopedia text entires, 1-2 leaders, a UU, a UB, audio, and full graphics.

Because of the quick speed at which the civs are produced, they may not be as high quality as other well-planned custom civs, but hopefully, the civs will be playable at a decently enjoyable level.

The purpose of Civ of the Week, then, is two-fold:

1. To bring you random civs that would probably not have been chosen as civilizations first of all, and to provide a new, more exotic, more interesting experience in choosing civilizations.

2. To promote more knowledge of lesser-known peoples, cultures, and histories.

Otherwise, then, enjoy!

Statistics and Information for:

VENEZUELA

Hello all!

I have taken a long break from my "Civ of the Week" series, due to the fact I am now spearheading a bigger mod enterprise, the unofficial expansion, World of Legends.

However, I have decided to make a civ for this week - Venezuela, which will also be featured in World of Legends.

Yes, this is a really small "demo" of World of Legends.

Nevertheless, here are the statistics:

Leader: Simon Bolivar - Philosophical, Protective (Favorite Civic: Nationhood)
UU: Llanero (Replaces Cavalry) - 25% withdrawal chance, +1 First Strike
UB: Resort Hotel (Replaces Broadcast Tower) - +15% gold
Started Techs: Mining, Mysticism

Because this is considered a demo and not the final product (the complete World of Legends "Unofficial Expansion"), there is almost certainly to be a number of bugs, issues, or problems. If there are, feel free to report them.

To install, simply put the folder in the zip in your mod folder.

Thanks to:

- Bakuel for the Mesoamerican Cavalry
- Charcoal and White, Rabbit for their tutorials

Screenshots:

Spoiler :

DOWNLOAD THIS WEEK'S CIV HERE

A note to all:
I will not be working on Civ of the Week for a while. I have a new modding task - Head Manager of the World of Legends team! (Check link on signature below for more details)

Previous civilizations featured in Civ of the Week:

American:

Mediterranean:

European:

- Anglo Saxons (Added 6/18/07)

Middle Eastern:

- Hyksos (Added 6/5/07)

South Asian:

- Mughals (Added 7/22/07)

East Asian:

- Vietnam Vanilla or Warlords (Added 5/13/07 and 5/21/07 respectively)

- Manchuria (Added 5/27/07)

African:

Oceania:

Other:

PREVIEW OF NEXT WEEK'S CIV

Next week's civ: The Mughal

Spoiler :

Preview of the next civ, the Mughals. Here is a screenie of one of their leaders, Akbar, in the Nif viewer.

mehmedd.jpg

nice. Kangxi lokks real good. i'd download this if i could find my copy of warlords...

nice. Kangxi lokks real good. i'd download this if i could find my copy of warlords...

thank you! there is a vanilla and warlords version if you can't find the warlords. oh, and if you do find the warlords, can you please check for any errors or bugs. that would be much appreciated.

i found it, but its scratched to oblivion. i gotta buy a new one.

how lucky my b-day's in a week

hehehe. was u thinking that i wasn't waiting your next civ of the week? 'cause i was! :)

does it haves a vanilla version? i will test it :)

if u need more ideas for civilizations, i have. :p

if u need more ideas for civilizations, i have. :p

thanks for the offer. buuut.......... i have made a list of the civilizations i'll be doing, or at least considering... its about eighty to a hundred civs already, at least... :D but if you have any ideas, it could help, nevertheless.

thanks for the offer. buuut.......... i have made a list of the civilizations i'll be doing, or at least considering... its about eighty to a hundred civs already, at least... :D but if you have any ideas, it could help, nevertheless.

north pole civilization, leader santa claus, unique unit elf (replaces worker, make improvements 400% faster, give gifts on christmas and make chocolate cakes!) :lol:

84% of the download... wow, eighty civilizations is... a very big number of it! oo" just to know, a brazilian civilization or a civilization of brazilians indians are in this list? IS IT???? *take a sword*

im personally looking for an Ethopian civ.

just to know, a brazilian civilization or a civilization of brazilians indians are in this list? IS IT???? *take a sword*

well, i prefer to do civilizations that people haven't made up yet. you can find a Brazil civ here: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=138755

i'm also sure that CivArmy made some more Brazilian tribal civs. Brazil also features on CivGold, one of the most prestegious massive civ add-on mods (about fifty+ civs in the latest version): http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=165969

rightous! thanks, man!

k, hyskos look sick.

can't wait for the anglo-saxons.

idea: Danzig!

im sure you meant the hyksos leader looks sick, not the civilization. ;) the Hyksos and the Egyptians for that matter weren't that sick... actually, as i said somewhere here, i got the inspiration for the hyksos leader (art-wise) from CivGold - their leader Nebuchadnezzar looks uncannily similar, and just as... well, weird. but it does look "egyptian-ish", believe me.

the nation-state, not the band.

hmm... interesting... good idea. i'll look into it. im starting to run out of ideas for civs... (but i got almost a hundred alreadly anyways)... at this rate, Danzig will be ready in two to two and a half years! :D

im sure you meant the hyksos leader looks sick, not the civilization. ;) the Hyksos and the Egyptians for that matter weren't that sick... actually, as i said somewhere here, i got the inspiration for the hyksos leader (art-wise) from CivGold - their leader Nebuchadnezzar looks uncannily similar, and just as... well, weird. but it does look "egyptian-ish", believe me.

hmm... interesting... good idea. i'll look into it. im starting to run out of ideas for civs... (but i got almost a hundred alreadly anyways)... at this rate, Danzig will be ready in two to two and a half years! :D

sick as in slang sick, meaning "awesome"

as for the danzig idea...ill look up a UU for that.

okay... thanks for all the comments, much appreciated.

took me a while to get this week's civ done, but i have just uploaded the Anglo-Saxons (ill get screenshots soon)... so enjoy!

Top Bottom