Legendary Start?

SirSaab

Warlord
I just noticed this was one of the options for resources in the advanced start menu. Anyone have any idea exactly how this works? It sounds straight-forward enough, but is it a ton of resources in your starting area, and then normal, or balanced, or sparse outside of that? Or does it mean something completely different?

Just guessing here, but I'll be it means legendary start for your chosen civ. So increased resources, and perfect starting terrain for your civ (on the coast for England etc). Beyond that .. no idea.

Just guessing here, but I'll be it means legendary start for your chosen civ. So increased resources, and perfect starting terrain for your civ (on the coast for England etc). Beyond that .. no idea.

This sounds like an interesting concept. It would be nice to see the Middle Eastern countries bathed in desert sands, Japan start on an island, Rome on a peninsula, etc.

1000th post. :D

Legendary Start. :king:

I like the sound of this. It sounds like an optimized starting position for the Civ you are playing. Abundant resources and good terrain.

This would be extra awesome for Russia since their special ability relates to resources.

It just got me thinking, because I remeber in cIV, you'd come across that AI city that had like 3x Crabs, 2x Fish, a Copper and Deer/Cow/Sheep, etc.
I wonder if the Legendary Start is a "standard" set of resources within the player starting area, or both the player AND AI starting areas. If it's not "standard," I wonder what the +/- is on certain resources, and what the +/- is on NUMBER or resources.
Would, for instance, that AI civ who always got the uber-wicked starting area get an EVEN MORE wicked start, or would it be more or less the same for each civ?
QUESTIONS! Questions that need answering!!!

Checking from the LUA files it adds 2 more food resources and 4 more lux resources close to the start locations

I'd been wondering the same thing. Is it too much to ask for them to make a tooltip popup like they did for other setup options?

I always use Legendary Start though, I see no reason not too since it seems the entire early to mid game revolves around how many luxuries you can get.

It's not without bugs. My brother and I have used it in multiplayer with a friend. One time I started all in jungle, our friend on the border of a city-state, and my brother IN the border of a city-state.

Usually you do get 5+ resources within 3 squares, but you don't always get much that's good for growth without a lot of work (again, lots of jungle happens).

I started as America and used the "Legendary Start" mode.

I am not 100% sure but I think every Civ starts with really good resources when this is selected as all the other nations have better resources than me.

Can anyone confirm that is right? If so I wont select it in future games.

1000th post. :D

Legendary Start. :king:

I like the sound of this. It sounds like an optimized starting position for the Civ you are playing. Abundant resources and good terrain.

LOL, this guy has to be the worst CIV player ever

I just noticed this was one of the options for resources in the advanced start menu. Anyone have any idea exactly how this works? It sounds straight-forward enough, but is it a ton of resources in your starting area, and then normal, or balanced, or sparse outside of that? Or does it mean something completely different?

I've tried it twice and found that the starting position is just within the normal range of available resources (huga continents, immortal level).
I don't see what would be the difference.

Might be a Legendary start but not a legendary turn of events. Like in many games on huge and large maps. when the Civs have settled the continents you see that they all have their own separate pool of luxury goods and you can´t trade your surpluss away since they have the ressource themselves.

This will be prone to happen even more so if all Civs are given a handfull of extras.

But hey, don´t worry be happy.

Could somebody explain what the "strategic balance" option means?

I believe it means that horses and iron will start near your capital, or at least be abundant. I could be wrong, but I've never had a problem getting iron/horses when I play strategic balance, but I've had issues in standard.

I tried it on one of my games and im pretty sure every nation starts with alot of resources near by.I

have not used it since as all nations seemed to have most of the resources needed with out the need for trade.

Top Bottom