Ideas for Total War games after Empire.

That's not hard to understand if you read it more than once. Some things may not add up cause I'm not that familiar with all the details of the game series but still...

It's hard to read based on how you wrote it, but the fact of the matter is, it's a million times better than my Polish :goodjob:

I get what you are trying to get at.

I've heard people saying it's good but that post actually didn't make much sense cause I confused a couple of things but fortunately you still managed to figure it out.

Rather disappointing that the conflict that brought the concept of "total war" to its greatest magnitude can never be the subject of a Total War game.

For the immediate future they should definitely make Rome 2. As for where the franchise should go in the future: Maybe Britain: Total War.

Britain: Total War would cover the period of 480AD to, let's say.....1066AD. It would pit the various Romano-British, Anglo-Saxon, and Irish kingdoms against each other for control of the British Isles. You could even make an expansion pack out of the arrival of the Vikings (I know they did this with Medieval: Total War, but I think it can still be done).

The Vikings got there well before 1066. They were running half the country by then.

Fall of the Samurai seems to be a tell-tale sign that the next Total War will take a more modern setting. A Victorian Era Total War, maybe. I'm not sure about you guys, but I really cannot see Rome 2 working on the current engine... just doesn't seem, "right" somehow.

The Vikings got there well before 1066. They were running half the country by then.

I am aware of that. I never said the expansion had to take place after the original game. It could just be a new campaign with new factions that takes place in the same time period as the original game.

I still think Britain: Total War would be a good idea since it would more or less be like the European version of Shogun. Plus, post-Roman Britain is not something that's been covered a lot so it would be a refreshing new setting and could expose people to another part of history they may have only been vaguely aware of.

The Vikings can't be introduced as a new faction in an expansion pack due to their massive importance in pre-Plantagenet history.

The Kingdom's expansion to M2: TW Brittania....

(I know you want a Britton game set in an earlier time, but this focusses on the British Isles more than enough)

I am aware of that. I never said the expansion had to take place after the original game. It could just be a new campaign with new factions that takes place in the same time period as the original game.
Are you suggesting that they be left out of the vanilla game? :confused:

Rather disappointing that the conflict that brought the concept of "total war" to its greatest magnitude can never be the subject of a Total War game.
/me mumbles irritably about a general failure to define what total war means

Are you suggesting that they be left out of the vanilla game? :confused:

What I am suggesting is that Britain: Total War and it's expansions would cover the the period of 480AD to 1066AD. Therefore the vanilla game could cover a period before the Vikings arrived and the expansions would be when the Vikings arrived and an expansion involving the Norman invasion.

I think an Arabia: Total War might be good also. A map going from the Levant to India, as far north as Crimea and south as Ethiopia, so all of Arabia could be in. Time frame could be any time. It could be Medieval to involve the Crusades, it could be Roman time to simulate the Selucid Empire, Ptomely, Pontus, with a possible scripted Roman invasion after so many turns, it could even be World War I era, a la Lawrence of Arabia, where the Arabs fight for their freedom against the Ottoman Empire. Or; make the main game with one era, and the others can be covered with expansion packs.

Top Bottom